[Video] Gauss Rifle S Gunplay

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by CerealBox, Nov 27, 2014.

1. CerealBox

It's easier for me to reply to any questions here on the forums.

In this video, I'm using the ghstmarauder gauss rifle setup. Taking advantage of the 3.4x for longer range and SPA + Laser sight for the close range.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pineapple Pizza!

isn't putting anything other than an underbarrel attachment on an S-variant like ordering ice cream for the cone?
  3. Epic High Five

What were your impressions of the gun? I've always been of the mind that it's one of the best guns in the game that nobody uses - a Gauss Rifle with much less kick and access to all attachments. I always insist to people that they choose the Gauss Rifle S as one of their guns to aurax for this reason, and so far everybody has fallen in love with it
  4. CerealBox

The weapon is actually balanced quite well and is much more of an all-rounder than the defualt Gauss Rifle. The Gauss Rifle S has access to Soft Point Ammo which extends the 4 shot headshot kill distance to 15 meters. This is the biggest strength of the rifle.

It also has some history with balance issues and probably oversight on some things.
    So I auraxiumed this pretty easy when the Underbarrel Grenade Launcher was still an effective tool. When they nerfed the UBGL, the weapon's main source of effectiveness and versatility that it added to the medic class was nerfed entirely.

The next oversight was when the Gauss Rifle had it's velocity buffed. The S variant never recieved a comparable buff and was left neglected.
    Considering that the normal and S variants should have some sort of relationship, one would think SOE should have given a velocity buff to the gauss rifle S.
  5. Casterbridge

One of these days I'll be able to function with a 3.4 scope.

Nice gun play as usual.
  6. Epic High Five

My best advice is to aim with your hipfire crosshairs as much as you can before scoping in, just like with sniping. Probably OP will have better advice as his stats trounce me but this is how I've managed to work with 3.4x when I used to be 100% IRNV.

As NC you have access to the only 3.4x crosshair scope in the game, and it's delightful
  7. Asageh

Must... copy... attachments...
  8. tigerchips

I use forgrip and compensator everytime. Underbarrel weapons are lacking.

It's a decent weapon.
  9. Littleman

-S variant weaponry are generally very strong. That said, they do have slightly more kick than their non -S counterparts, along with the lower RPM, but they have access to more attachments that ultimately make them better than their normal counter-parts.

Basically, if you like the Gauss rifle, give the -S a try. I prefer my standard Gauss rifle - 4x cross, silencer, fore-grip or laser, depending on planned engagement ranges. Seems to dominate everything more reliably than my VS1 Pulsar and T1 Cycler anyway, but then I've always suspected lower RPM is better in our dodgy hit-reg environment.