ADAD Strafing is 100% logical Physics, it's not netcode bug, it's not cheap tactics, Get over it!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Nov 26, 2014.

1. G.O.A.T

Im tired of this Planetside Culture of crying about ADAD Strafing, like it was cheating...It's not.

It's Simple Logical FAIR Physics.....Get any object moving side to side and it's harder to hit.....It's not netcode bugs, it just requires you to aim better.

I always hear people crying about it, saying ridiculous things like "OMG how in the hell can you dodge bullets by moving side to side, impossible, ****** netcode!!!"

Sorry but its not netcode, is that you suck at aiming....You either can't hipfire or ADS accurately or you ADS when the target is 1ft away, of course u will miss.

So yes ADAD is fair and logical....not only that but it adds more skill to the game because it requires much better accuracy to move ADAD targets.

For those people against ADAD...It's ok Keep playing this game like it was the civil war.

[IMG]

Just standing shooting....That is 100% logical, way more than ADAD.
    • Up x 1
  2. 7 Drunk Midgets

Please be a troll
    • Up x 6
  3. G.O.A.T

How is it a troll? I been playing this game since August 2012....I was actually one of the guys who told the devs to make strafing hipfire more viable because it added more skill to the game.

It's way more skillful than Civil war stand/shoot gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  4. Daikar

quake with vehicles and air, at the scale of planetside. Yes please.
    • Up x 2
  5. 7 Drunk Midgets

Alright, here we go.

Stand up. That's right. stand up. Right now. Are you standing? Is there a decent amount of space around you? If so, good. Now adopt a boxer's stance. Got it? Great. Now, while still looking in one direction, move laterally. Doing that? Now, switch directions, moving laterally in the exact opposite direction. Did you notice that you have to stop in order to switch directions? Your feet have to stop, then cross over themselves in the opposite direction. The problem with PlanetSide 2 is that infantry can switch directions immediately upon your input. That's not an argument from realism, it's human physiology, not something that can be circumvented no matter how "futuristic" the setting is. Halo 4 did strafing right. You move the thumbstick in one direction, and if you move it in the other direction, your character will pause, then continue, like how it is in reality. PlanetSide 2 lacks this, so it is almost impossible to react to a strafing player, especially one who has a 0.75x ads weapon. You'll aim one way, and your enemy will suddenly be going the other way. That's stupid, frankly.
    • Up x 19
  6. G.O.A.T

It's a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I think that Planes top speed being like 200mph is stupid as well considering modern jets destroy that.

Here's the problem with your theory....Everybody in the game can strafe like that, everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So deal with it, strafing is part of the game....so no, it's not impossible to react if u have good AIM!!!!!!!!!!

and when strafing between directions, their is a slight, and I mean slight pause...its not like quake movement at all.
    • Up x 1
  7. [HH]Mered4

You want to be logical and discuss this like a normal, mature human being? Because this is not how you do it.

Get out.

Also,
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  8. Shockwave44

It should also make you LOSE accuracy if you strafe. Looks like your "logical physics" just went out the window.
    • Up x 1
  9. G.O.A.T

You do lose accuracy when you strafe....
    • Up x 1
  10. 7 Drunk Midgets

When you say "it's just a game", you've effectively given yourself the right to throw balance out the window. If it's just a game, then I want to be able to ignore my human physiology and jump 30 feet into the air as an infiltrator because I have less shields. "But that's impossible, humans can't do that" says the sensible person. But it's just a game. What if I wanted to be able to reload in a millisecond, discharging my magazine and putting another one in my weapon faster than the blink of an eye, something impossible for a human. Is that fine because "it's just a game"?

"Everyone can strafe like that" is a really stupid argument, if everyone had a one hit kill gun with no recoil, hitscan velocity, no cone of fire, no recoil, and a bottomless magazine would the game be balanced? Sure, technically. Would it be fun? No.

In fact, Halo's strafing is more "skillful" than simply ADADing. You have to time your strafes, jumps, crouches, etc. And you know what? Your player character is a super soldier! Even super soldiers have to obey human physiology, even if their is enhanced beyond all belief. You can jump twice your height in that game, but still have to follow some rules.
    • Up x 9
  11. BlueSkies

Consistency is fun
    • Up x 8
  12. G.O.A.T

Read what I said.

It's those logics/Physics are part of the game, they are fun/Fair.

It has nothing to do with netcode bugs like people claim...they are simply getting outjuked.
  13. G.O.A.T

It's just a game doesn't mean the game shouldn't be balanced.

What unbalanced about ADAD, Strafing? Thats right nothing, its just part of the game...Also I think infiltrators should strafe faster because of less armor, nothing wrong with that logic.

I mentioned everybody can strafe like that because you said "PlanetSide 2 lacks this, so it is almost impossible to react to a strafing player".....It's not impossible to react, when you can ADAD as well....I done it a million times, u just need to learn how to aim.

Halo, the AUTOAIM game is more skillful? LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO.....I disagree but whatever you say console gamer.
  14. 7 Drunk Midgets

I don't want to be able to strafe faster, I'd rather have a small passive movement speed buff. But you want every gunfight to be about who can ADAD the best. Literally. No aim, just keep your gun straight and ADAD as well. It just comes down to the pressing of two buttons at once. And yes, Halo is more skillful. The TTK's are much slower, headshots are imperative, autoaim doesn't even come into play very often, and can sometimes be a hindrance rather than a benefit, positioning is essential, and strafing is more convoluted.There's a reason Halo is in the MLG pro circuit and PlanetSide 2 isn't and never will be. Finally, the fact that you use the words "console gamer" as an insult makes you automatically lose all credibility, in fact, I've probably put more hours into both PS2 and TF2 than into Halo 4.
    • Up x 1
  15. GoyoElGringo

I kinda like the ADAD thing, but the OP makes me embarrassed to say so.

ugh no please. Vehicles ruined Unreal Tournament.
  16. ajma

Lost all credibility just there, lol. Hurr durr.
  17. G.O.A.T

I know for a Fact now that you have no idea how to ADAD....It requires you to move your mouse, sorry but the best players have the best accuracy....It's much harder hitting a target ADAD, than shooting eachother standing...simple logic.

Autoaim doesn't come intoplay in halo? lol Autoaim is hardcore in that game, the headshots are much easier to do in that game because of autoaim.

Halo is MLG because is more mainstream....Halo is nothing compared to Strafing ADAD games like Quake!!!!!...You know Quake that doesn give a damn about human movement, cuz it's a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo 4? lol I thought u played the real halo's, your credibility just keeps going down.
  18. GoyoElGringo

Do you really want this to be a PS2 vs Halo thread?
  19. BobSanders123

It isn't a theory, it is a proven concept of physics that is taught to every high school student that bothered to listen in class.

Everyone can strafe, that is right, everyone. But some can strafe faster than others. Mentioned in George Orwell's book Animal Farm. Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

According to you, because someone played Halo 4, their argument is less credible because you thought Halo 4 was a bad game. Wow.

I am going to assume you are a troll, or uneducated. If the latter, khanacademy is a good website to start with.
    • Up x 2
  20. 7 Drunk Midgets

You barely move your mouse, there's little leading your target, which is the most skillful part of gunplay. Combine this with cone of fire, and prediction of enemy movement becomes stupid. All of this only applies in close range too, because of moving cone of fire bloom.

Autoaim has been refined since the previous Halos, if you wildly flail your thumbsticks around, you won't hit anything.

Halo isn't MLG because it's mainstream, it's MLG because of the tight, competitive 4v4 nature of it. PS2, even if it had these elements, will never be in the MLG circuit because of unskilled strafing and movement in general, and cone of fire. Is it still fun? Yes, no other game will provide a three way fight with 96+ players on each side.

I own every Halo game, and play them regularly. I played Halo 3 probably three times as long as I've played Halo 4, and Reach about twice as long. Also, why do you hate Halo 4? It's a good game, not the best Halo, for sure, but still fun.
    • Up x 3