Stuff on PTS Right Now...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Nov 8, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

KNIVES!
    You can equip melee weapons by holding the melee button, or the mouse wheel! The new knife can deal more damage when you press B. They are able to OHK, but do swing at a slower rate.
    However, they need a fire rate nerf. Currently, they are able to swing quick enough. They can OHK, but just reduce RoF. Also, why is it that the knives, upon just using the melee attack without equipping them, take FOREVER to unequip and return to your normal weapon? This seriously reduces the knife+pistol combo (There is a difference, the pistol+knife combo is still the same, but using your melee weapon once is VERY stupid right now). Plus, make them ES, as in the NC one can OHK, Terran one can swing very quickly and deal good damage, and VS one has longer reach.

PISTOL SCOPES!
    For the NS pistols... But hey! Who knows what can happen to the ES side arms? I like them, very accurate, really boosts awesomeness, and will definitely grant SOE a few extra bucks, if you know what I'm saying...:cool:
    Overall, amazing changes. Really hope SOE makes more cool things for us to play with:D
    • Up x 4
  2. Paragon Exile

OHK knives need to die a horrible death
    • Up x 21
  3. BlueSkies

I predict... a sudden surge in people playing Infil

:oops:
    • Up x 9
  4. Pikachu

Also changes to the teleporters in Ikanam biolab and changes to ES colors on vehicles (good changes).
    • Up x 4
  5. TraatAdmiral

Ehh. I have a hard time seeing OHK knives changing the game much for the people getting knifed. There are basically two uses for knives in PS2: As a finisher in extremely close quarters and for killing completely unaware people from behind. This won't change their use as a finisher, but it will make it easier to kill someone from behind as you won't need to hit them twice. At the moment, if somebody's behind you at that kind of range, you're dead anyway... unless they decide to try to knife you and screw it up. Anyone who just opens fire into your back from knife range is gonna get the kill, so the only advantage of using your knife is that a) you save a miniscule amount of ammo and b) the kill goes to more desirable Directives. My guess is that this will just make it easier to do that. I expect it to increase the number of people who die with knives, but only by substantially decreasing the number of people who are shot in the back from point-blank.
    • Up x 3
  6. Metalsheep

They need to go the PS1 route with Equippable Knives if they are going to make them 1-shot.

Standard Fire Mode: Quick, silent slash that does the standard knife damage.
    Alternate Fire: Activates the Knifes special ability, TRs chain, NCs Magnetic Blade and VS's Force Blade, in secondary mode, the knives swing slow, but kill in 1 shot and make a loud noise constantly while in this mode and gain a visual effect. Such as TRs blade spinning, VSs force blade glowing teal like a lightsaber, and NCs knife emitting some kind of magnetic distortion. x

This alerts players to nearby infils using the Secondary Mode.
    • Up x 2
  7. BlueSkies

... These knives are equippable, and according to OP even have a secondary fire mode...
  8. FateJH

Or both their primary weapon and their sidearm lack Suppressors and they don't want to show up on radar. Not shooting at all drastically lowers the ability for anyone else to know you're murdering someone, as even silenced weapons are quite audible.
  9. Metalsheep

Reading comprehension fail on my part. Though he doesnt say weather they have said sounds/visual queues i mentioned. If so: then excellent. More PS1 and less CoD/Battlefield is a good thing.
    • Up x 2
  10. patrykK1028

Sorry for copying you, but I had to
  11. Bhudda V1

oh NOES HOW WILL I EVER PLAY AGAIN:eek: .....ah well too bad there isn't an exo skeleton suit in the game that is durable as **** to knives... damn my one weakness!!! :eek:
    • Up x 2
  12. Morti

better be scopes for ES pistols incoming. can't be that hard, it's truly a wonder why we don't have it already

and I couldn't really care about OHK knives, if somebody manages to jump you before you see them, you're dead the majority of the time. I sorta liked the way BF3 did knives. OHK plus a locked in animation if you attack them from behind, normal swipe from the front/side
  13. Pikachu

A triple knife fight near Ikanam atm. Everyone running around OHK:ing each other with knife. Kill trades included.
    • Up x 3
  14. OldMaster80

Smg / shotgun + darklight are going to be extremely fun.
  15. Pikachu

Smoke grenade + run in with activated knife.
    • Up x 4
  16. KnightCole

As if there isnt already alot of that......SMG INfil/HA......lots of it.
  17. Thornefear

sadly with hit detection this is not true. As a TR heavy I have managed to sneak up on players (and infiltrators who thought they were invisible) and opened fire with a MCG down it's "sights" with a BRRT and though I couldn't possibly have missed logically, they could turn around and shoot me to death :/ cause nanites.....

We also really don't need to encourage the ridiculous ADADADA and bunny hoppers to use stupid illogical tactics more.
  18. libbmaster

To OHK with the new knives you must:

1) equip it, by holding down the melee button.

2) activate the OHK mode with the B key

When in OHK mode, the knives have a slower swing speed, and (as far as I know) can only OHK when "equipped" (so no OHK COD quick knifing).
  19. TraatAdmiral

Also, to clarify, the only knife that can OHK is a new one that's been added that, by the SC price, will cost 1000 certs. Kills with the new knife don't seem to count towards any Directives yet. When activated, the knife leaves a glowing trail of particles (when walking around, not just when swung) that, and this is the kicker, remains visible while you're cloaked. There's also a pretty loud noise when you hit someone with them.
  20. z1967

I think I might switch to going for my uppercut auraxium for that update. Everyone trying to run at you with a knife and all you need to do is simply left click to kill them. OHK or not, knives v. shotguns are pretty heavily weighted in favor of the shotguns.
    • Up x 4