PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Avatar

The Vulcan is garbage (on the Prowler), Tha Armistice is ok, the Hailstorm needs a 143 dmg model (along with a slight ROF decrease *or* some other notable drawback to compensate for TAR-like TTK) and the Striker is "getting there" (admittedly, it might already be "there" - I haven't been using it since the last buff).

VS pistols are mostly garbage (not on their own, but when compared to TR/NC counterparts then yes - pretty much so...), the Magrider is fine albeit somewhat inconsistent in it's performance - it either melts faces, or gets melted. ZOE is in a sorry state indeed (as is Lockown) and your comment on the Lasher and the Lancer is so exaggerated it's borderline stupid...
  2. KiakoLalene

I see no one took a statistics class in their life. The first day of a nerf/change to a weapon, of course it will be different, and because it is different, of course the gunners using the weapon will have trouble using it. As time goes on, they will get better at using it. And THEN the stats will level out, showing that people are getting used to it.
  3. vanu123

So go to redditside instead or stop listening to feedback all together.
  4. lawn gnome

i think he is one of the masses who have been trying to convince me that i can't possibly be using the lasher effectively despite my experiences.

as i understand it ZOE needs to be reworked, but i don't really have experience since i don't really use MAX suits often and thus have been mostly avoiding those debates.

magriders require more tactics to be effective than the other tanks, so they have VERY strong potential but most simply don't know how to utilize it properly (myself included, i know the basic tactics, but i am generally not effective), i have seen players in my outfit go on murder sprees butchering 3 or 4 enemy MBTs in a row (i usually follow around in my skyguard providing proximity radar support and keep air power off our backs).

lancer is a good weapon although i find it boring to use, since it is basically an AV sniper rifle.

the prowler vulcan has needed some heavy buffs for a while now (the original prowler vulcan seemed to be in a good spot before the harasser showed up) while the harasser vulcan could use some more nerfing (i think a reduced clip size would fix it).

striker still needs some love, but at least it isn't in direct competition with the annihilator anymore. i still think it should have also had the coyote tracking for ground vehicles along with air.
    • Up x 3
  5. Lord_Avatar

Pre-nerf ZOE was overpowered - no doubt about that. However, SOE went overboard with the nerfs and right now it does more harm than good for the MAX user. The added mobility is nice and should be the basis for reworking the ability, but the damage boost is neglible while the damage resistance debuff is anything *but* neglible.

This seems to be my experience as well. I guess one could say that the Magrider has a high skill floor and an equally high skill ceiling. Less straightforward than it's equivalents.

Personal preference, sure. I think it's in the right spot.

I would love to see the Prowler version reverted to it's original stats AV-wise (with decreased performance against air and infantry) because it was perfectly fine back when it was released. The current nerfed version is good enough for the Harasser if you'd ask me. Neither OP, nor UP.

The coyote mechanic is but a gimmick right now. It needs it's range increased rather significantly or dropped altogether in favour for some minor buff. Aside from that - I agree. :)
  6. TriumphantJelly

Insulting people isn't cool. I was trying to remain polite.
  7. TriumphantJelly

Already people have jumped onto the next "Vanu Nerf Train". :rolleyes:
  8. TriumphantJelly

... Those aren't 1st wold problems...
  9. TriumphantJelly

Nope, all of them DO ned a looking at.
  10. TriumphantJelly

And... Sarcasm? Please tell me that wasn't serious...
  11. Rayden78

Just use the Saron it does a better job at Anti Infantry than the PPA ;)
    • Up x 2
  12. Villanuk

Incorrect, i have stood up for nerfs against the VS ( apart from PPA ) just like im standing up for the NC on this. The logic i replied to would mean these items would get nerfed, which would be a joke, so my point is, people stop calling for nerfs or this game will be a joke.
    • Up x 1
  13. Villanuk

Striker 1, which was deemed OP was only useful in a group? So my point is, if you start calling for nerfs your bringing attention back to yourself, as people will find any argument to justify nerfs.
  14. Rayden78

You have a point there, but the statistics show that the Marauder seems to be way OP ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. Villanuk

The Vulcan is fine really, a 10 meter radius on a tank, so you would swap that for the PPA would you, i think not.

The rest of your statement is comical, with all due respect, if you cant see the faction ability or identity in your weapons.. Then i dont know what to say to that.

What i will agree is, your ability on the zoe is pointless, and that should have been looked at by now.
  16. Villanuk

Well i never use it on my tank. The range you have to use it will be countered by C4 or rockets and with the speed of the prowler, you just a sitting target, although i will say, its being used, so maybe im missing something, like instant death :)

But to counter that argument, the stats would show the Orion is OP, but its not for me. Good is not OP and people use stats to nerf something, but we all know in our hearts when something is OP, you run away lol
  17. Spoof

That... is just the funniest thing I've seen in PS2. It's called Karma, you have it too good for awhile and then... balance. But as someone else rightly pointed out the big dip is simply all the noobs who stopped using it because it now requires some effort.
  18. FieldMarshall

This is what happens when people who dont know what they are doing thinks they know how to read statistics.
    • Up x 2
  19. Linus

This is absolutly true now.

I find that posting stats so early is to rush a bit into conclusions also, especially if those stats compare the three ES AI weapons.

Personally, I stop to use this weapon, not because it requires some efforts but now any AP weapon is better at killing infantry than this new PPA. More the distance is greater, more this is obvious.
    The splash damages only, are not enough to make the new PPA a reliable choice for a secondary weapon.
    The sustained fire ability is what was making the PPA an interesting choice.
    At close range, the Saron does now the same job, at greater distances, the Saron or the Halleberd are now better.

Being a noob, you see, is finally not the main reason why you can see a big dip on this picture.
  20. lothbrook

Give it time for the idiots to stop using it and the numbers will even out, the canister and marauder are basically only used by people getting their auraxium and are typically much better than your average player, eventually that will be the only people using the PPA as well.

The old PPA was broken, you'd get solo harassers/magriders sitting on hill shooting down into bases 200m+ away and there was almost nothing you could do as infantry to kill it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.