PPA is UnderPowered and UnderPerforming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vanu123, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanu123

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  2. Leftconsin

This is how nerfs around here have always worked. First to worst.
    • Up x 21
  3. Arsonix

Working as intended.

Working as intended.

OMFGWTF*@&*^#*@#@#*@#*&
    • Up x 12
  4. MajiinBuu

It'll just take some getting used to the changes. I'd still prefer it over the other Empire's AI weapons.
    • Up x 7
  5. LodeTria

At least let a month go by so people have to chance to adapt to a new play-style.
    • Up x 18
  6. Lord_Avatar

Give it some time. The PPA has been completely reworked. The devs will probably buff it once they have enough data.
    • Up x 5
  7. BlueSkies

Its hard to say so soon that its underperforming, its just going to take a little while for PPA users to adjust and really learn how to use the new setup. I would expect over the coming weeks for PPA to see a rise in performance.
    • Up x 10
  8. Leftconsin

It is true I've seen a lot of PPA users thinking they can still snipe me at 150m.
    • Up x 15
  9. vanu123

There is no viable situation in which to use it. There will be no rise in performance.
    • Up x 3
  10. EGuardian1

"OMG I CAN'T USE THIS WEAPON THAT"S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THE SAME WHY I COULD USE THE OTHER WEAPON!!! WWAWHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!"

This is literally like comparing an SMG to a long range LMG. Change your tactics and you'll see improvement, but you'll also see more risk since you can't just bombard from almost a kilometre away.

Oh wait wait wait...

So what you're saying is.... NERF MARAUDER!!!!
    • Up x 4
  11. vanu123

They have the data, they won't buff it because God forbid the VS have something that doesnt get nerfed.
    • Up x 3
  12. vanu123

There is no adapting to something that has no advantage in any playstyle. Getting suicidally close is not a playstyle.
    • Up x 3
  13. vanu123

No I am saying buff the PPA because it is clearly underperforming. Or we could go as you said and bring the Marauder and Canister to the PPAs level, because TR and NC always wanted to be on the same level as the PPA.
    • Up x 2
  14. The Rogue Wolf

Maybe you could give it more than two days to "shake out"? I don't doubt that a lot of people just up and dumped it because it's not the supreme farming machine it used to be. (Or did you not notice that it was well above those other two lines right up until then?)
    • Up x 7
  15. Predator01cz

That's some interesting data accumulated over a long period of time...

Oh wait...

Also I bet there was absolutely nothing wrong with it all those months before this 1 day drop when it roflstomped Marauder and Canister..

Vanu logic
    • Up x 11
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

Bow now we can breathe without PPA spam
    • Up x 4
  17. TriumphantJelly

Nope, your logic: It got nerfed.

To OP:

Give it time: It'll get better in, say, a month, and the stats will rise. My guess is that it'll underperform by an unnoticeably miniscule amount.
  18. Fellgnome

• Up x 7
  19. MasterDk78

Be happy, it could be worse. I feel it's a good weapon, doing it's job just fine!
    Take heat lightning gun instead, it's freaking op :)
  20. iller

Dunning-Kruger effect ....to the point of Group think Activism. The Vanu are the #1 case study in this sort of sociopathic attribute.

This is afterall the faction that turns every little defense or sidelane drive into an overdramatized coordinated push. They'll try to mass-protest manipulate the Datamining for a while until it gets too boring, and then they'll just swap to the next most effective meta and just keep zerging with it. It will be pretty easy to spot in the API's when they do. My personal prediction: An increase in C4-fairies, Parallaxes, AV manas, Sarons, lightPPA/Hornets, Cosmos, clasher, Eridani, but most of all: much more w8-n-b8 Orion farming.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.