Banshee and Ravens nerf were confirmed by Higby Pls, which weapons should be rebalanced next?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MEU2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. MEU2

Here is the link for who miss lastest Higby Pls
    http://www.twitch.tv/planetside2/c/5395271

What is next weapons should be rebalanced? IMO, Mosquito`s maingun need some love to bring in line with the other ESF. In current build, Scythe have the smallest profile and faster velocity, decent damge main gun; Reaver have the highest damage main gun and amazing maneuvering. Needler & Rotary do such small damage that Mosquito have disadvantaged in dogfight against Scythe and Reaver.

A2A missile ganksquads have destoryed airgame too much. As a result, A2A missile should be have a look and reblance too. Higby Pls!
  2. InoxGecko

Hailstorm, TR needs a 143 damage SMG
    • Up x 5
  3. Leftconsin

Ravens... really? This one really baffles me. I have never had a problem with them. I have it on one arm for my NC and I guess I just have to scrap that whole idea of buying the other arm because they are likely going to be nerfed to oblivion.
    Banshee is strong, but yeah. It is an anti-infantry weapon and all infantry in this game want to be the hero. Which means AI weapons need to suck. The Banshee doesn't suck so of course that has to change!
    OK. So they get nerfed some time in November. Watch. All this November the forumsiders will start picking on something else and the cycle of nerfing everything continues. Probably AI mines next time.

Yes, I know I'm using slippery slope argument right now, but there is a pretty clear trend of systematically nerfing anything that is isn't an infantry weapon that shoots bullets.
    • Up x 4
  4. Pikachu

Yes
    • Up x 4
  5. KnightCole

Lets nerf the Gauss SAW, give it more Horizontal recoil and less RoF!!!! And heck, lets also drop it's max damage tier to like 75m.....cuz, why not?

Follow it up with a CARV RoF nerf to balance out that H-recoil buff and then nerf the Orion's 50 lightning bolt mag to 35 cuz.....people die to it...
    • Up x 1
  6. Xasapis

Banshees were confirmed for rebalance. Ravens were not. Please check that stream again ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. Gemenai

8. Xasapis

You are right, my memory failed me. Disregard my previous post.
  9. Lemposs

The ravens are insane.. Just did some testing on VR on Prowlers (from the front), so the TTK for the MAX with dual ravens 14.5 seconds, a Heavy with a standard rocket launcher 34 seconds, a Vanguard standard cannon 21 seconds.

And the ravens are freaking guided, so yeah about time the ravens got their much needed nerf.

As for the Banshee, I don't know, it has never killed me that much, though it can give you a shock as you die in a split second out of nowhere.
    • Up x 4
  10. _itg

Raven's are on par with Vortexes (the long-range VS MAX AV weapon) in terms of vehicle kills per hour, although Fractures lag behind both a bit. The truth is, those TTKs are reasonable when you consider that the MAX costs the same as an MBT, and a 1/2 MBT's TTK on the MAX is like 3.5 seconds.

Ravens do overperform in the AI department, though, so it's not unreasonable to nerf them there. Reducing the splash damage would be a reasonable fix. For the record, if you've actually used Ravens, you'll know they suck at killing infantry who know they're being shot at and are trying to dodge. It's just that they suck less than the other factions' comparable weapons.
    • Up x 3
  11. TriumphantJelly

May I enquire as to why people are being even more aggressive towards VS and their weapons since the nerfs?
    • Up x 1
  12. BarxBaron

I'm ok with banshee nerf. It is a bit too hardcore right now. I just hope they nerf it correctly..........its TTK is too low...that is all.
    It's already the hardest to aim as you actually have to TRY unlike the other two. I hope they only nerf its dmg to inf and not its COF, velocity, or anything crazy.

On the other hand, I'm not ok with knowing the the mossie will now literally have absolutely no real advantages compared to the other ESFs.

Banshee was all it had advantage wise, and even this was dubious at best. Air hammer is still much versatile. "Quickest" esf my ****. Nothing redeeming at all.

Best Dogfighter.......I mean helicoptor = Reaver
    Best Profile = Pancake
    Best AI nosegun for AI work = was mossie...not anymore soon
    Best AI nosegun for general use even after its nerfs = Air hammer
    Best rockets for their true targets = Reaver
    Best afterburner = Reaver

This better be the same patch they fix our damn vehicle secondaries in.
    • Up x 2
  13. Auzor

Best dogfighter: isn't that tied with the scythe? Vertical booster vs agility?
    Worst profile: isn't the reaver the biggest target?
    Best AI: that depends on what happens to the banshee.. you presume a "new striker".
    And uh, I would precisely expect SoE to nerf the CoF to have a 'bullethose'. See also, the Vulcan.

Best rockets for their true targets?
    Are reaver rocketpods OP compared to mossie or scythe?
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

just throwing out some random ideas here:

- magscatter: needs a buff, either more damage within 8 meters or more spread with identical damage output or more firerate
    - all s variant carbines/assault rifles: either improve their accuracy or firerate! or make the underbarrel options more useful
    - semi-auto/burstfire primary weapons need a buff
    - battlerifles need a buff
    - ranger could use some adjustments, either faster projectile speed or larger magazine
    - liberator guns except tankbuster/zepher/dalton could use some improvements
    - anti-air rotaries for esfs could use an ammo pool increase
    • Up x 8
  15. Jayy

10000000x this. I really hope they go through and re-balance some of the older weapons that have been under-performing.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pelojian

Not when you account the fact that vehicles can't easily take cover and against a good Raven MAX player(they don't need to use peek-a-boo tactics) you need lightning reflexes at least with a prowler to kill them given they can change directions mid strafe with no deceleration at all which can make the difference between being slightly off target and hitting them.

seriously i can aim slightly ahead of them strafing then they change strafe direction on a dime. I can respect their skill but maxes are not meant to go head to head with vehicles like that at close range. If they were meant to they could survive against tanks for more then just a couple of hits.

I've seen maxes strafe within about 2 meters left-right etc missed them by a hair and gotten killed because i can't retreat from him because vehicle based evasion is meaningless when you have player guided munitions and little cover.
  17. OldMaster80

Same here, I have only 1 TR character and I've never felt like Ravens are OP. This is another change that is probably not needed.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jac70

The Banshee really sticks out for me as something that is too effective. It's like the ScatMax nonsense all over again, instant death with no warning or opportunity to avoid.
  19. Pikachu

When will the nerfing stop?
    • Up x 4
  20. Pelojian

There is no such thing as balance. because there will always be something that is more powerful on one faction in some way compared to the other two factions.
    • Up x 1