[Guide] [Video] Jump Jets Tips

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Aug 28, 2014.

1. SeanFree

Yeah, it seems to happen both ways. I'd try to test it more but it doesn't even seem like a 100% chance of happening, maybe I should bring it up in that new QoL thread.
  2. Iridar51

I have updated and reuploaded the video:
  3. Lethal_Sting

Don't how many will view your same topic in the main discussion page but I'll copy/paste my response from that one.

4. Pat22

I'm really curious where you got the term "slingshot maneuver" from because in December 2013 I discovered that trick and decided to show it to all LAs in my outfit, naming it exactly that; slingshot maneuver. I had never seen or heard of it before. Overtime we decided to call it Arcing instead because you're travelling in arcs, both vertically and horizontally, when performing it.

So quite possibly, I might be the one who made the thing an official light assault 'ability' so to speak. You're also not doing it right, or at least not explaining it right.
    You can also apply the effect at any time you're using the jetpack, gaining speed faster than sprinting soldiers at all times, not just when falling from high altitude ( although the altitude thing still gives you an additional speed boost on top of that )
  5. Iridar51

Just seemed like a sensible name. I watch a lot of sci-fi where they do slingshot maneuvers around planets or stars using the gravity, and I also watch "the slingshot channel", so maybe that's where the words are coming from.

The name doesn't seem that special to me.