Is the resource system ever going to be made not-awful or is this pretty much it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frostiken, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Borsty

MBTs already require teamwork. You notice that the first time you drive an MBT alone and meet an enemy that has a top gunner. Even if it's only a basilisk, you're pretty much ******.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bixli

..spam stickys & you're out of mana before you can yell "wizard of oz".
  3. Borsty

Well, you shouldn't spam anyway :p

Wouldn't mind all ammunition costing resources. That would make the whole experience more interesting ;)
  4. Alarox

A 1/2 MBT is substantially less effective than a 2/2 MBT. You can do things with a 2/2 MBT that you can't even dream of with a 1/2. It is already a teamwork oriented vehicle. Many people might find this surprising, but there's more to tanking properly than just pulling one and shooting at the first thing you see.

I don't see how restricting the primary cannon to a gunner would increase performance. If anything it would drastically reduce performance for all the tanks. The movement of the tank is a key part in utilizing the primary cannon effectively. Creating disconnect between those two things would not help. It would basically break the Magrider.
    • Up x 3
  5. Hatesphere

my point is though it gives one player far to much power as it is. I really find no reason to pull a lightning in the current system when i can just pull a MBT and have all the benefits of a mobile stabilized AV cannon with the ability to simply switch to the top gun to deal with infantry who cant move that fast anyways. against another fully loaded tank sure it will never be equivalent since two guns can fire at once.
  6. Hatesphere

as I said its my opinion, i know how to tank with the current system. the mag is a special acceptation across the board anyways.
  7. Alarox

You don't need to keep saying that it's your opinion. That's self-evident.
  8. Gammit

Wasn't Malorn in charge of this? And he quit.
  9. Frostiken

I'll bet you also think soccer is stupid because you can't pick up the ball too.
  10. Hatesphere

I still see no need for you to pretend I dont know how to tank then. seperating the driver from the gunner makes a 2/2 tank more meaningful, its not this change directly that would improve performance of a tank, but might allow the tanks performance to be tweeks stats wise to make them a bit more fearsome and provide a more interesting tanking dynamic then we currently have.
  11. Frostiken

Yeah but EVE is a good game made by good people. Planetside 2 is a mediocre deathmatch game that has absolutely nothing to do with Planetside 1 made by an evil money-grubbing entity that hates us.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

Would it be really fun as a Magrider crew when your driver controls your left/right aiming while your gunner controls up/down. Would it be really fun for a Prowler driver when all you do is park on a hill and sit there? How about driving a Vanguard and constantly being at odds with your gunner because of how your movement and aiming are desynced?
  13. Hatesphere

sure if you like massive grieving simulators attached to a simulated economy. Dont get me wrong, I love the stories that come out of people interacting in eve, but i hate the game play; combat is boring and the rest of the game may as well be a text adventure stock market simulator.
  14. Hatesphere

original mag has a rotating turret, just give it back, problem solved. also having the MBT crew have to use more communication is a good thing, i mean libs manage to hit targets just fine and the pilot does not control the main gun.
  15. Frostiken

So to prove your point, you had to jump to an absurd strawman argument about silly tank controls? Seriously? It worked in Planetside 1. It worked in Tribes 2. But hey, you're here, with what I can only assume is your all of four years of gaming experience to tell us how unfun it would be. Because what the **** would we know, we only actually played Planetside 1 where it was not only fun but exciting as well.

You know why it's fun? Because it means that only coordinated teams can make MBTs work. This makes MBTs very rare. This also means you can make the MBT extremely powerful. But in Planetside 2, since any ******* can pull a tank almost any time he wants, all by himself, tanks have to be pathetic and weak.

Guess what, if the feature shed the game of players like you, it would be for the better. What's next, are you upset that you can't repair MAX units, heal yourself, and carry a rocket launcher at the same time?
    • Up x 1
  16. Hatesphere

man try to be civil... you are setting up your own little straw men now you know. also it works in real life.
  17. TraatAdmiral

SOE has bad problems with releasing a beta version of something, saying all the good stuff will come in later releases, and then never changing it. See Missions, Player's Site, Planetside 2...
  18. Alarox

• Up x 5
  19. Frostiken

That's not a strawman, that was an attack at you for saying something ridiculous like 'I don't like challenges and obstacles in game, I expect to be able to do anything I want, any time I want, and I cannot understand whatsoever how obstacles add depth.'

Your complete failure to grasp whatsoever the concept of a two-man MBT and voiced displeasure that it would ruin the game for you underscores completely that that is your mentality. Go back to Battlefield.
    • Up x 1
  20. Scatterblak

It's a playstyle issue. I play an inf almost exclusively, use vehicles moderately, and I've almost never ran out of resources in 2+ years.