[Suggestion] Change the railjack into something more NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Bape

Ok the railjack in no shape or form is considered an empire specific weapon for the NC it literally has nothing that is NC. So I was thinking why not change the railjack into an automatic scout rifle with nc perks? It basically a quick and easy change with no hassle or balance issues.

200 dmg
    500 Rof
    24 rounds

done.

Railjack is proven to be an abomination and is a downgrade from the longshot.

Agree? disagree? better idea? post.
  2. ColonelChingles

It was supposed to have a secondary shotgun-fire mode.

Then for whatever reason SOE actually didn't give the NC a shotgun-like weapon. We have it on everything else... just apparently a shotgun-sniper rifle was too much for them. :p
  3. Bape

Yes all though I don't like shotguns I would rather have that then what we currently have a longshot beta edition.
  4. BetAstraal

Shotgun sniper would be interesting lol xD
    And for some reason the moment i saw the railjack i actually thought of VS snipers with those stats...
  5. miraculousmouse

It should get 450 damage (4x headshot multiplier as with all other sniper rifles) but 1000 m/s velocity, no delay, and faster rechamber time.
    • Up x 1
  6. DatVanuMan

BRO. The RailJack has higher damage, faster velocity (It does matter because when the delay ends, your shots can hit a target faster than any other sniper rifle in the game), slower reload and is a RAIL GUN. How does it get any more NC than that?
  7. Bape

It been proven that the longshot hit the target before the railjack. They both have the same bullet drop and the render limit is 400 I believe or was it 300 o_O? but regardless it nothing major from the longshot and it not unique in any way.
  8. DatVanuMan

The DELAY causes that, but once it is over, you do not have to lead nearly as badly as you would need to with other sniper rifles. Also, it is FAR more unique than the LS, because:
    1. It is the only NC sniper rifle with it's OWN model;)
    2. It has a better audio.
    3. It doesn't share the stats of other faction sniper rifles.
    4. The delay is an interesting mechanic that allows you to reposition your scope upon requirement.
    And 5. It shoots a MASSIVE bolt that leaves electromagnetic dust behind it. What is NOT unique about it?
  9. SeanFree

I think the Railjack should be a handheld Canister with the same velocity for each pellet that it has now :D
  10. phreec

So give the NC Infiltrator a Reaper DMR clone? :eek:
  11. Maljas23

I thought Railguns were NC like??
  12. Fellgnome

I think it should be a shotgun sniper rifle
  13. Bape

Basically.
  14. LodeTria

Don't be silly, everyone knows the NC are the shotgun faction.
  15. TheShrapnelKing

Lol no the TR got something like that. NC needs it to be single shot, but an instant kill (like 1500 damage or something).
  16. Schizomatic

A railgun sniper rifle. How is that not a tie with coolest PS2 weapon with the TR chaingun?
  17. Yeahy