[Guide] [Video] Jump Jets Tips

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Iridar51, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Iridar51

Just a quick assortment of tips.

Let me know if I missed anything, or if there are some neat Jet maneuvers you use yourself!
    • Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

I have updated and reuploaded the video:
    • Up x 1
  3. Lethal_Sting

Pretty good, but I guess for someone who mains LA, most of these won't be new.

One thing I want to point out that you did not mention but your video has a great example:

Skying. @6:46 you have that VS LA trying to remove you. Two things he did wrong. He came from the side you have been overlooking on the point [not necessarily their fault though] and 2, he continued jetting even though they were already 5-10 feet above the roof. Now as your PoV showed, that is in almost all cases an easy kill for the grounded LA.

This is especially true in Bio Labs as LA can get into some really good firing positions, retreat - reload & heal - repeat.
  4. Iridar51

Well I didn't explicitly mentioned that case, but I did say you have to very close to hit someone while flying. He wasn't close enough, and that trick in general doesn't work too well on aware targets.

The fact that he came from the direction I was looking is pure luck, though he should have been more careful and peeked at the roof before flying on top of it.

Peeking before moving is indeed a trick I wanted to put in this video, but completely forgot.