[Suggestion] Now that Cloaking is generic across the different settings...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Korfax124, Oct 3, 2014.

1. breeje

so is this a complaint about a complaint that is coming ?
  2. Crator

They fixed a bug where, in some cases, the infiltrators head and/or gun would be slightly visible when in deep-cloak... There was a thread on these forums displaying this bug a while back... Cloaked infiltrators that are crouching are virtually invisible as long as they are staying still. Many of times I've been in deep-cloak while enemies run around near me without seeing me...
  3. Wizlawz

heh i was wondering why i could see the shimmers of cloaks at times at ranges.

infiltrator > seen > heard > Dead.
  4. Meeka

Even in deep cloak, unless you're in bushes, you're still visible to someone looking for it.
    I can't spot them in bushes through; because the bushes then to move as well.
    Those little shift of pixels, no matter how minute, are big clues!

I'm primarily Infil myself, and I always used a pattern breaking backdrop even when in deep cloak.
  5. Crator

I don't use stalker all the time but in my experience, as long as they don't know I'm there and I am not crouched in a spot that is obvious, the majority of people don't notice... I normally use my cloak in base defense situations and use mines a lot with it so that might have something to do with it too...
  6. Korfax124

No, this is not a complaint at all, but a warning that others might want to complain about the changes to cloaking.
  7. Iridar51

Posts a suggestion at reddit, comes to forums to get devs' attention.
    Talk about doing it wrong :rolleyes:
  8. CNR4806

Actually, many many patches ago that was the exact case, when cloaked infiltrators were shown as a highly-visible black shade on Low.

As long as Low setting renders cloaked infiltrators differently than medium and up, one side is going to be inevitably favored, the question of which is just how big is the difference, and is it big enough to create an advantage to use one setting over another.
  9. Nehlis

I can finally have 60 fps AND be able to spot cloaks now? PRAISE THE SUN!
  10. Wizlawz

soo i was cloaked and was targeted immediately.... was it at one point difficult to see cloaks?, and is it much easier now?

because at this point i don't see any reason for a cloak....maybe that decoy thing could also put a decoy soldier up? or does it already? seems that would be more effective than a cloak.
  11. Iridar51

Actually, cloak received massive buffs in the infiltrator "revamp" several months ago, made infiltrators about twice as hard to see.
  12. Wizlawz

hmmm.... must be doing something wrong then...i shall have to figure it out
  13. Iridar51

You have to use cloak on the premise it makes you just a bit harder to see, but nowhere near invisible.
    As non-sniping infiltrator, your main feature is not cloak, but radar detection. Cloak is just a situational tool.
  14. Wizlawz

right, right right.

cloak up before going around the corner / bend....and when you do priority target #1 if opposition is present.

ye i noticed while waiting at a defend point a shimmer from across a small room.

i have also noticed some red and blue shimmering at ranges...and i wonder is it because of the cells camouflage?

i shall have to check it out.
  15. The Rogue Wolf

The stealth cloak is NOT invisibility, nor should it be. I think that a lot of Infiltrators don't stay situationally aware- there are areas in which you will show up a lot more easily than others, and backgrounds against which your outline will be much more discernable. Bright, "busy" backgrounds will show off the light-warping effect of the cloak a lot more easily than a darker, matte background, and well-lit areas will of course reveal you more readily than darkness.

I do remember reading an old thread complaining about a bug in the deep-cloak function, where cloaking while running would cause the deep effect to take much longer to kick in than cloaking while still and then moving. Is this still the case?
  16. Wizlawz

well hel...if it is NOT invisibility why is it even in game? was it because of those who had no idea about move and cover / tactical movements?, and were easily "found" so they wanted some kind of "reactive" camo? {rhetorical argument}

you know honestly i find i rarely use it as i am just not used to such an option as a recon.

i do try to use it tho. and good to know the background, light and darkness do play a role in its' effectiveness....that is very good.
  17. Reccettear

while i am not a friend of this mechanic at all, it is kinda needed for snipers due to the lack of real concealment and the way how the spotting system works.
  18. Rift23

Unless they fixed the empire-specific fart sound that's audible from 50 yards away then no, don't see it as much of an improvement.
  19. andy_m

I do not agree. The guys who play as Infiltrator in close quarters, either with SMG or a close range BASR will carry on reaping havoc as normal. And good on them :D
  20. HyperMatrix

I haven't tried infiltrator on VS yet. I spend all my time on my TR doing it. I love the AMP. I thought the new changes would make life incredibly difficult. But I've not noticed a difference as a Stalker build. I will crouch in the doorway, wait for an enemy to come, uncloak and unload. Haven't had anyone spot me while I've been motionless. So crouched cloaking is rock solid. As for being shot while moving....surprisingly, not much more than before, if at all.

Suffice it to say...it hasn't been as much of a problem as I thought it would be.