Buff the tr max fracture

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by soultrax, Oct 2, 2014.

1. soultrax

Just bought the fracture's for my max and oh boy what a big mistake, they are garbage. I really think they need a buff to be any good. anybody know if this will happen? have the devs mentioned anything? seems to me that the nc and vs have the better options.
  2. Pikachu

You didn't try it in VR first?
    • Up x 1
  3. Ransurian

Garbage? Not necessarily, but they're definitely much more difficult to use than their NC / VS equivalents at their intended range for two big reasons. One, they're dumbfire rockets with significant shell drop over range and recoil (nasty combination as far as landing consistent shots on long-range targets, especially moving ones), and two, connecting the amount of Fracture rockets required to deal damage similar to their counterparts against armor is inherently more difficult. Taken together, these two issues naturally create a pretty high skill ceiling.
  4. soultrax

Nope everytime i try and go in there my pc will just freeze :/
  5. soultrax

I see your points, maybe i just need lots more practice. Was talking to a friend did they get nerfed at some point?
  6. Pikachu

The only nerf they needed was in their AI capabilities which was done through reduced AI damage. But SOE also decided to increase drop, nerf velocity and add acceleration. :L