[Vehicle] When are the promised infantry AV nerfs coming?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ColonelChingles, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scorponok

so just give C4/AV nades 0.35meter indirect as well then, and while your at it do the same with regular grenades.
  2. ColonelChingles

I'd be okay with changing C4 so that it only does anti-armor damage if it's on the tank, not next to the tank. This is because supposedly the C4 in PS2 (C4 IRL would do little to a tank) is a shaped charge, and shaped charges need to be facing a certain direction in order to be effective against armor.

AV grenades are actually pretty difficult to use (against vehicles), so I think they should retain an explosive radius.
  3. Scorponok

AV grenades arent that hard to use...people will just learn to get better at using them.
    • Up x 1
  4. Linus

I find the changes for the vehicles against the infantry more challenging, so more fun
    However, I still find that the infantry vs the vehicles could benefit from few changes.

I am only talking here about the render distance issues (lock-on weapons for exemple), and of course about the Dual AV maxes, who are spammy as hell and who are very hard to take down now with 3+ tank shots in the belly.
    You said the PPA is annoying? from my point of view, the fracture, the raven and the vortex are as much annoying, of course not for the infantry players.
  5. z1967

Funny thing, it would have buffed all HE velocities except for the VPC. So it would be nerfs to AV tanks and buffs to AI tanks.
  6. Alan Kalane

Hey, why no Yellow?
  7. Alan Kalane

Want to know when the AV nerf is comming? I can tell you if you want...But you may not want to know...

-----------------DON'T READ BELOW IF YOU PLAY VEHICLE ONLY--------------------

after resource revamp phase 2 and 3 is implemented, and you can no longer spawn a tank for nothing... then they may get buffed

Warned ya
  8. ColonelChingles

But what does that have to do with the Dev's statements about intending for this to be all-around nerfs then?

This was not meant (or claimed to be) a nerf to vehicles because vehicles were too strong or plentiful.

This was meant to be a nerf of everything against everything in order to raise TTKs across the board.

It has nothing to do with the resource revamp.
  9. Alan Kalane

Sorry m8, you're probably wrong. I expect a MAJOR vehicle buff after resource revamp phase 2 and 3.
    Why? Because resource revamp phase 2 = less overall resources = less vehicles on the battlefield = indirect nerf to vehicles, which means that vehicles will get a buff to compensate for the decreased resource income. This means less but more powerful war machines. And I like that.
    • Up x 1
  10. ColonelChingles

So in other news today...

Vehicle AI is getting nerfed even more with the PPA being slammed. Instead of buffing the Marauder and Canister, they're nerfing PPA even more!

I suppose there will be "adjustments" to the AV grenades... but mostly with respect to their AI capability. :rolleyes: So as of yet... more vehicle AI nerfs... no infantry AV nerfs.

69 days since the August 5th promise... 69 days...
    • Up x 1
  11. DFDelta

Actually I don't even really expect much to happen anymore. :oops:
  12. IamDH

Long live infantryside
  13. Rentago

I think the issue has been that although 3 heavy assaults with rocket launchers could kill a single tank if they all shot at it at once, but even though we have thousands of players running around none of them are ever coordinated. For some odd reason planetside 1 would always get firing lines of infantry and vehicles trying to be a team, but here everyone just seems to run around oblivious to their surroundings.

So we have like 100 TR with decimators running around an outpost, there are 3 tanks outside, unless those tanks actually drive up next to the players, they probably will never shoot rockets at them and if they do, it won't hit them.

I just watch players fire off rockets usually its one or two guys doing it out of the 20 running around, its very weird.

Easily enough though, tanks just simply run away after the first rocket, smart players know not to stay in a fight if there health is going to begin dipping below 50% in a vehicle.

I also usually see vehicle drivers just forget that they can go in more than one direction, where even though they got pummeled, instead of reversing into cover they just keep driving forward to die.

The point was though, if you ever observe the combat going on with rockets and tanks, you'll notice out of the MANY present, probably only one guy is doing all the work, and with the way things are balanced, it really only takes one guy to get things done usually. I mean its always probably 1 max, maybe two AV mana turrets, but not everyone seems to be on AA or AV duty and honestly if they were then it would be rebalanced to address it, and only then.

Infantry AV options are pretty OP, but its comparable to NC and how they need to have OP stuff to counteract all the teamkilling and lawn dart maneuvers they pull and still keep their players on par with TR and VS. They have a tricycle with training wheels and don't even know it.
    • Up x 2
  14. Huishe

You have the wisdom of falcon.
  15. Ixidron

I hope infantry AV gets nerfed, and tanks get their numbers reduced, it's a clusterf**k when everyone can pull a tank to go from base to base, most of the time I just see stock MBTs/lightning getting wrecked the first few seconds after reaching a base, then things get a bit more stabilized with about 5-7 tanks, which is the optimal number of tanks that should be attacking a base.
  16. ColonelChingles

Almost 3 months since the promise that infantry AV options would be nerfed...

And what we have is a PPA that's close to Canister range. Hmmmm...

Still waiting.
  17. GaBeRock

It's a pity devs don't use the forums, since on reddit vehicle buffs get automatically downvoted by infantryside. Back to making my comment karma suck, I suppose.
  18. barunedpat

They do use read the forums though, they just don't post much.
  19. GaBeRock

Reddit is far, far more likely to get things changed.
  20. ColonelChingles

160 days... and really if anything vehicle anti-infantry capabilities have been nerfed further with the Banshee changes.

No significant nerfs to infantry anti-vehicle capabilities yet, as was promised.

160 days, over 5 months, closing in on half a year.

:(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.