did anything happen to the lightning ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ArcKnight, Sep 16, 2014.

1. ArcKnight

been away for more than a year playing other games

now I'm wondering what has happened to it, especially the C75 Viper
  2. Revanmug

Read the patch note and you'll know exactly what you want to know.
    • Up x 3
  3. AnuErebus

Viper got nerfed a few months ago. It was capable of one shotting infantry with each round which meant it was an incredibly strong farming tool. Now it takes two. It's still an amazing farming machine, but not nearly as broken as it was before.
    • Up x 5
  4. FateJH

Here.
    Make sure you take this in perspective with the rest of the tank changes in the patch notes.
    Oh, yeah, and turret stability.
    • Up x 1
  5. ArcKnight

turret stability ? did they nerf it ?
  6. patrykK1028

Other cannons got nerfed too, but only in AI (they reduced splash dmg). But this means that only HE can 1 hit kill infantry (other 2 need direct hit). And if the target has Flak Armor (even lvl1) you will need at least 2 splash hits with HE.
    IMO C75 Viper is the best right now
  7. ArcKnight

so whats the best build for the lightning these days ?
  8. ArcKnight

so its just not as effective as before but still viable ?

also when was the changes made ? I need to start my patch searches from there
  9. patrykK1028

C75 Viper is good at AI, I dont think anyone would use Lightning as AV, so its the best option.
    FateJH shared link to patch changes: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/April_16,_2014_Patch
    The nerf of HE, AP and HEAT wasnt that long ago, less than month I think
  10. Pikachu

In january this year some random guy started calling viper overpowered all of a sudden and people jumped on the bandwagon and it got nerfed. One year with no complaints then all of a sudden.
    • Up x 2
  11. ArcKnight

damn CoD kiddies, will they ever quit whining

I loved the C75 not for the killing but for the general chaos it brings, once I found a room full of TR maxes and decided to spray inside the building, saw all the maxes running around in every direction, that was so hilarious, I hope that aspect is still intact

is the skyguard any good these days ? last time I tried it enemy air wasn't a common sight
  12. TriumphantJelly

Hey, that's just like the PPA!
  13. Mrasap

Any of your previous setups work fine, however, you need to be more careful against infantry than before.
    Also, radar has been swapped from the utility slot to the defense slot - so no more stealth with radar combo.

I am personally a huge fan of the AP stealth racer lightning.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

Exactly. Also shredder and probably banshee.
  15. Fortress

Trust me, the viper is still as fun as ever. It just can't end fights on its own like it used to.
  16. KenDelta

Basically the viper got sent to hell(STILL VIABLE but noticeably weaker)
    HE is still a beast.
    Heat got nerfed.
    AP is got better at dealing with armor.
  17. ArcKnight

so an ability that has both offensive and defensive uses it moved to defense.................. I see SOE is still nerfing things because its doing its job
  18. ArcKnight

so what is HEAT good for these days ?

and by how much did splash radius get nerfed for the HEAT and Viper ?
  19. SerasVic

saddly , nothing.
    Just ****** up.

HE is previous HEAT (1000 dmg at 1m i think , 5m blast)
    HEAT is garbage. (never kills with splash damage)

AP still doing it's job as AV weapon
  20. ArcKnight

so HE is the only thing that makes it great ? guess its time to start grinding for it