Eclipse "Review" [VIDEO]

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Paqu, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Paqu

Here is a quick look at the Vanu's special directive Carbine.

• Up x 7
  2. Iridar51

Amazing video, mate, and something that was needed.
    That midair kill on LA was boss.
    I remember bumping into you in that fight where you unlocked the Eclipse. That thing sure looks fabulous :p
    With white camo even majestic, dare I say. Didn't realize UB shotty has infinite ammo too.
    Was nice seeing Krups in his terrible canary camo there. Hope to make it into one of your next videos, I'm jelly :S
  3. Corezer

I personally thought all vs guns should have been like that from day 1!

Go go faction diversity!
    • Up x 1
  4. cruczi

This was not a review, this was an advertisement.
  5. DFDelta

It does not, sadly.
    You just can't see the ammo because the heat bar is in the way.

You get 5 or 6 shot total, after that its *click* *click* "oh ****"

(No comment on the video itself. I'm at work and don't have sound here, will watch the video when I get home)
  6. Iridar51

Oh. Well that's sad. It should be 1 loaded + 3 in reserve.
  7. DFDelta

Might be 4 total.
    I can't see the actual number and I've never directly tested it. (Also I've never used a UBSG before)

Also with all the ammo packs everywhere its hard to give a guesstimate. :D
  8. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Want!wantwantwantwant!
    Want!
  9. Paqu

Thanks. Luckily I dont have to use the Serpent anymore after that fight. As DFDelta pointed out the ammo count on the shottie is the same as before you just dont know how much there is left. I did send a bug report about it and hope it gets fixed soon.

Hey thats why the title is "review". :)
  10. cruczi

Why isn't the title advertisement...? wouldn't that be a little clearer?
  11. DatVanuMan

A Terran saying all VS guns should have been like that?
    :') My heart is full of joy. God bless you, O amazing Corezer. You rock, man:D
  12. Redwave

How the hell did the battery heat thing happen?
  13. Neo3602

I think that SOE is using some of the VS aluraxium weapons to see how the VS player base likes it and if they do then widely implement it either as a faction wide weapon mechanic, or as a Empire specific attachment which IMO would be the best way because as the Overheat mechanic work currently ammo packs would be useless and if it was a ESA it would open to door for other Empires to have their own ESA and would add more diversity to the game(and it might give the TR the chance to have ammo belts as an attachment for their guns which would let them have their whole ammo pool in one giant clip at the cost of decreased hipfire accuracy, having less total ammo than you would normally would, and possibility of accidentally shooting your whole ammo pool away if your not careful).
  14. Iridar51

Not necessarily. Currently, if the weapon overheats player can reload it as many times as he want, but there's no reason for this. Weapons could be allowed 4-10 reloads before resupplying from ammo pack, for example.
  15. Bankrotas

All it needs, that bursting would bring it to 30 shots at same amount of time as regular Solstice now and buff Solstice to 35 bullets (nerf reload speed a bit of course though)
  16. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Reload Speed is a quirk of VS weapons. Magazines are not.
    That said, I didn't know the weapons didn't have limited magazines. They should still have that limit.
    A standard Carbine could do with 4 reloads.
    Also, a slight cooldown boost on packages.... "Coolant Packs here!"
  17. Ohmlink

The idea is fine but I'm not sure VS heat weapons need a nerf to overall capacity compared to what normal weapons have

30/180 so 6 full reloads is the current norm. I know unlimited ammo sounds awesome but if capacities of weapons are nerfed to the point where bringing down single targets is difficult I don't think its worth it.

I am currently in favor of heat weapons, but some tweaks are still needed. I don't think non LMG weapons need a 'magazine' size reduction since they already have the lowest in their class with a few exceptions. Or I think the cooling should start immediately when i let off the trigger.

In the end what tweaks are needed are based on what type of style the devs what the weapons to go, if devs want to encourage bursting with the weapons they need to reward that with faster cooldowns and punish by longer reloads.
  18. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'm willing to sacrifice 5 bullets for a heat mechanic. But then again I might be biased, for I have to grip that faction flavour with both hands while it's still up for grabs. ;)
  19. asdfPanda

Because both advantages and disadvantages of the Eclipse are provided. If only advantages were provided, then the video would be an advertisement.

Besides, I'm guessing that the target audience for the video is already acquainted with the Eclipse's stats, and including them would only make the video long-winded.

OP: Good video, "concise is nice!"
  20. Saool

Really nice music selection for Vanu. What was it if I might ask? (Sounded very two steps to hell).

Unfortunatly you can't use camo on directive weapons (only the attachments). One of the drawbacks of them. It would be nice if the oily texture was just applied as a layer to a camo of your choice.