From Higbyplz stream - Cross Faction Prox Voice

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jeslis

They are considering allowing//SETTING proximity voice chat to be cross faction.

I personally REALLY dislike this idea.
    I use prox to try to warn nearby tanks of light assaults above them.. or as I'm retreating to say "Max in that room! Run away!"... and if prox chat is cross faction.. this will warn that lightassault that the tank will prolly move.. and that Max that hey, there's more guys coming!

If they implement this, we STILL need same-faction proximity chat.. but uhg.. if crossfaction comes in, I'll just disable it//turn it off.
  2. Zeppelin123

Oh ze epic smack talk incoming..... "n00b" "n0 u" " roflc0p3r" lol olo lol
    • Up x 13
  3. NinjaTurtle

As long as you have an option to turn it off I see no issue.
    • Up x 27
  4. LibertyRevolution

Proximity chat should be heard by everyone just like voice call outs are.
    I think it would be a cool idea to be able to hear enemy coms.

As long as they make that fix so that muted players will no longer cause ducking first.
    Got to be able to mute the other teams mic spammers and not be punished by ducking.

I would also like them to make a new com channel for "Region Chat", which works like "/RE" but voice.
    Are you in the hex? Would you like to coordinate with others? Here is a voice channel to make that a happen.
    • Up x 4
  5. PWGuy93

Other than the potential for confusing friendly from enemy voice chat, I don't think it will be too much of an issue.
    Have had plenty of chat talks with enemies trying to gauge if the server messed up or if they were somehow cheating.

Could possibly provide some benefit in coordinating 2 factions against the overpopulated one. I have played games where this became a norm and with overpop being a constant, I'll take cross faction chat with the hope that players can effect overpopulation by teaming up.
    • Up x 1
  6. iller

I love this idea. Not just because of the lulz to be had.

Yes initially... it makes for a more hostile environment when you've got nothing but a bunch of toxic spewing randoms who think they will never see eachother again. But for players who face eachother often enough it eventually develops into camaraderie and socializing

Some "All-Chat" FPS servers are among the friendliest & most entertaining places to hang out in next to Mumbles built specifically for VOIP conversation.
    • Up x 3
  7. AdmiralArcher

voice call outs such as "im reloading" are not heard by the enemy btw
    • Up x 7
  8. AdmiralArcher

im glad they are bringing this back, this is how it was the first weeks of launch if i remember correctly, but it was a bug of some kind.....the prox chat also had a bit of echo if you were in a big *** building
  9. Vertabrae

Long as I can turn it off I'm fine with it. Sometimes when I'm just messing about, it will be fun for some trolling. But if I'm in serious mode then I don't want my certs..I mean the enemies knowing what I am saying.
    • Up x 1
  10. Noktaj

Worst idea ever. I can foresee every kind of spam, whine, rage, trolling and harassing.
    Please, NO.

Do they even play the game?
    How can one even concieve such an idea? :confused:
    • Up x 6
  11. LIKE A BOSS!

Allowing me to talk crap to people will be the best thing implemented ingame since pre-nerf ZOE.
    • Up x 6
  12. Erendil

If they implement this there'd better be an option to disable just that channel in-game. The potential for trolling the enemy is too high otherwise. I'd turn off voice chat entirely before I'd put up w/ that crap.
    • Up x 1
  13. RenegadeHelios

My primary thought is make sure there's still a faction-specific proxy chat, and the two are hotmapped to two different buttons, in order to keep things from getting mixed up.

Personally, I think it's an awesome idea. Primarily because I want to go around with a stalker cloak and do my Gollum impression to freak out random people. C:

But seriously though, we're missing a way to say 'Good Fight', a way to chat cross-faction when you just happen to pass a fellow non-aggro from another faction, and a way to mute it the second we get a screaming kid who requires an attitude adjustment.... With a shotgun. C:
  14. LibertyRevolution

Correct, the automatic call outs are not, as forumside threatened to light torches if they were..

But all the ones in the "V" callout menu are heard cross faction, just like spotting...
    • Up x 2
  15. Rogueghost

Doesn't really matter, not like prox chat even works most of the time.
    • Up x 5
  16. Alarox

Edit: I misunderstood. So would be a toggleable option? I'm fine with that.
    • Up x 1
  17. AdmiralArcher

they could just make a region comms channel like they should have done to begin with
    • Up x 2
  18. Klypto

Well, I would rather that it was like how Battlefield 2 Modern Combat did it. If you got super close to someone, like within 10-15 meters of them, you could hear everything they were saying regardless of who it was to.
    • Up x 4
  19. NinjaTurtle

The most important thing is everyone will be able to hear the glory that is Poonanners

Damn this dude needs to release a recursion voice pack
    • Up x 4
  20. t31os

I only have one thing to say....

Please.... Please... Please god/pink ponies/buddha/SOE ... No! :eek: