Is The Butcher/GODSAW Worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by NoctD, Sep 5, 2014.

1. NoctD

All this talk about the Betelgeuse - but I hear nothing about the Butcher/Godsaw... that either means they're just fine or totally meh. But really, anything special about either of these, and how are they post the tweaks? I'm a real ways off but figured I'd ask.
  2. Mootar

The Butcher is ok, nothing special but it is viable if you want to auraxium another LMG.
    The Godsaw is basically a standard Gauss SAW with no attachments and a novelty name, it's sh*t.
    • Up x 1
  3. Rogueghost

The Butcher is a Carv with 50 more rounds, a longer reload, built in soft point ammo and more recoil.
    Not great.
  4. vanu123

I just really wish I could test/play with these in VR or Test server. Both are decent guns and IMO are better than the betelgeuse at least in a direct firefight. The only time I'd take the betelgeuse over the other lmgs is if I am a solo player who never runs with a squad/outfit or never sees any engineers.
  5. ComradeHX

That sounds just like something TR needed.

Carv with 50 more rounds AND SPA(TR does not have a high-capacity lmg that has 750rpm and spa).

The vertical recoil wasn't the problem with Carv anyway.
  6. GrandpaFlipfox

The GODSAW is a SAW with only HVA(Standard bonus/penalty) equipped giving it the worst recoil a SAW can have. And the 50 rounds don't mean much when the normal SAW can already comfortably take down an entire squad without reloading. Basically it's a worse SAW.
    • Up x 3
  7. Rogueghost

It also has increased bloom and CoF compared to the Carv, I honestly can't hit **** with it.
    • Up x 1
  8. copywrite85

God damnit, I on my last few hundred kills to aurixm the Rhino (I #^&@ing hate this gun), the last LMG I need to purple medal before I get my Butcher. This is NOT what I want to hear!
    • Up x 1
  9. SharkSpider

The new CARV is interesting, it's identical the the standard CARV but you lose out on the forward grip in exchange for soft point ammo, which was previously only available at 750 RPM on the MSW-R. Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but it could very well rival the MSW-R for the best TR LMG, and I'm fairly positive that it's the best choice over 50 rounds right now.

GodSAW is pretty much trash. In full auto ranges it's worse than any attachment combo you could put on the regular SAW, and at a distance the first shot kicks way too hard to give you a second hit, much less two headshots in a row. It's fun but like the BG I'm putting it away after the Auraxium.

What? It's possibly the best TR LMG and the only Auraxium weapon that gives you a straight upgrade to the original in terms of TTK. I think the TR got the best end of the deal, considering the NC got a joke and the VS don't really get something worth giving up the Orion for (which is fair, the Orion's already the best LMG).
    • Up x 1
  10. Covah

Auraxiumed the butcher....back to the carv now.

Butcher has been nerfed : no more forward grip so it's really annoying with that random left right horizontal recoil.
    + it has a big cof bloom in ads.

Carv is just better, only 50 less rounds.
    Don't see any difference with soft point honnestly.

It's very disappointing.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

The GODSAW is anything but a "God SAW", it is basically worse than the standard NC6 SAW certed up in the normal manner.
  12. KnightCole

Exactly, those Auraxiam weapons are redundant and pointless. Its only made worse by the fact we cant customize them and their kinda worse then the stock guns every single player starts the game with. And to think those of you who put so much time and effort into getting them.....sad really. SoE didnt even give them a new look...
    • Up x 1
  13. Sock

I've got all three. The Godsaw is a joke. The Butcher is decent if you're an above average player accuracy-wise. The Betelgeuse is pretty polarizing amongst top players, which in my opinion means it's in the right spot.
    • Up x 1
  14. Goretzu

At the very least these weapons need a balance pass (or two).
  15. Casterbridge

Maybe a simpler solution would simply make it the default weapon but with a newer much more unique model, just to kind of say "hey I did this"?

Kind of disappointing to read the posts here, I've got a few hundred kills left on my GD-22s which I'll finish up cause the gun is fun enough to use, but looks like I won't bother much with the GodSaw once I unlock it.
  16. KnightCole

I have none of the Aurax weapons, but yeah, they need to have something unique about them. The GodSAW? maybe it has better VRecoil and a mild roF increase over the Gauss SAW, but maybe worse H Recoil to balance it. Butcher? Give it less H Recoil so it can fire at range a bit better but worse moving CoF or something. Let us customize them how we want, let them be the only guns tht have every attachment available. Then to boot, maybe let them get an extra slot that reads "Open" as in we can put anything but an Optic in it.

And yes, new models for sure.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bankrotas

And you're missinforming. Butcher lost it's special compensator (FG bonus, flash suppressor negative) and gained SPA instead.
    So it blooms as much as normal Carv and shakes as much as normal Carv without FG, but has 5m longer 7 shot kill range.
    Other weapons that have 750 rpm and SPA are Trac-Shot, MSW-R, Eridani and Jaguar. Issue with Butcher is, that MSW-R is worlds more accurate even on the move, with same horizontal recoil, but way less drift and FG option. Honestly, Butcher and Carv could be a bit more accurate to make them decenter allrounders, but it's more an issue with horizontal drift, which, IMO, Carv has a bit too much and it should be buffed to at least 0,8.
  18. Covah

Honnestly i'll trade SPA for a forward grip any day, especially on a 750rpm gun.

Anyway these aurax weapons are a total disapointment, no unique look, borderline worse than actual weapons with attachments.

Now i have to aurax tha unity (AR), the Trax-shot (Carbine) and the Havoc (shotgun)...btw i don't event know what's special with the havoc, 8 rounds is less than any semi-auto shotgun with extended mags and it's not more accurate than the barrage so...wtf.
  19. Bankrotas

It actually is afaik. It has lower spread while ADSing, equaling NS Baron and Jackhammer.
  20. Rowe

Godsaw bounced around so much its .. well irritating.
    How disheartening to finally get it and i know im getting my *** handed to me alot because im using it.

If you get the godsaw dont use any reticle at all... iron sights only.

Why make us go through the directives / trouble to get it when its damn near unuseable.

Plz fix this soe