City battle island and floating battle islands

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jul 30, 2014.

1. libbmaster

• Up x 1
  2. Regpuppy

To paraphrase Devin, these are prototypes/concepts and may not actually make it into the game. They're just testing if the ideas are even feasible.
    -------

My thoughts? If they can solve the issues with flying islands, I'd be ok with them doing a whole damned "continent" based on that.
    • Up x 3
  3. gigastar

A floating island continent would basically be Cyssor without a water texture.
  4. Pikachu

Yeah and Higby said that this is super early stuff. The important point is that they are ages away from starting building the battle islands so ICL is at least 1 year away.
  5. Regpuppy

Well, not quite. Would really depend on how they did it and if you could actually fly -under- the islands too. Plus more varied and drastic elevation changes. I LOVED Devin's idea of a hanger bay in the lower section of one of the islands.

Plus, it looks cooler.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pirbi

They just need to group all the existing floating base parts together into one location. :p
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

before any city continent hits the game, the servers will probably be switched off and soe sold to ea games
  8. Pikachu

Nah, but we will have 3 servers instead of 5.
  9. Ardisius

I don't really think citty battle island is going to make it to the game, because to make it look like civilian city you need a LOT of new things. You need to make markets, cars, signs etc. Also how are these things supposed to look like? This is all supposed to be future after all. And where are the civilians? What happened to them? Why aren't there cities on continents?
    Because of that I think it would be better for the lore and easier to build huge factories, like NS factories where all the weapons, armor, nanites, etc. are made.
  10. Pikachu

By city people mean lots of buildings of what we currentky have and possibly a few new big box shaped ones to resemble skyscrapers. No one is talking about making these cities any more believable than current bases.
  11. elkikko92

we need this
    • Up x 1
  12. CipherNine

What this also labeled as work in progress?
    [IMG]

and this:
    [IMG]
  13. r4zor

And why would we _need_ that? :rolleyes:
  14. Ash87

The top is the Bastion Fleet Carrier, it's something that we probably wont ever see so I wont dwell on it.

The bottom is a collossus tank, something that was announced around the end of last year to the beginning of this year. It'll be a tank that is gotten through some kind of alert or special mission, that is much more powerful than other tanks.
  15. elkikko92

better capture system
  16. r4zor

And in how far would adding Titans to the game improve the capture system? Care to elaborate HOW those would fit into the game?
  17. elkikko92

Silos system. And titan capture