[Guide] [Video] Jump Jets Tips

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Iridar51

Just a quick assortment of tips.

Let me know if I missed anything, or if there are some neat Jet maneuvers you use yourself!
    • Up x 5
  2. Corezer

You should point out the dangers of holding sprint while jetting. Not only does it not give any speed boost while jetting, but you get the sprint delay on actions and can not crouch.
  3. Iridar51

Good point. It's mentioned in my Light Assault guide, where the video is posted. I actually didn't know about not being able to crouch. The more you know :)
  4. Shootybob

Fundemental technique: While drifting, tapping the directional prevents the loss of altitude in exchange for speed.

I've got more, but I think Im going to try my hand at a video. Feeling inspired, thanks.
  5. SeanFree

Don't throw a grenade when flying, it makes your jumpjets go buh-bye.

Such a stupid bug.
    • Up x 1
  6. Corezer

the fact that they haven't fixed it in like 10 patches has taken me from bug to stealth nerf presumption.

They let us fly, but don't want us doing anything from above our opponents.
  7. cruczi

Or lift your jump button, throw the nade, and instantly press it down again
  8. SeanFree

Sure, but it sure would be nice to use jumpjets without having to worry about stupid crap like that, don't you think?
  9. cruczi

Sure, but it would be good to read what the post said that I replied to, don't you think?
  10. SeanFree

I read said post, I know there's a way around it. I'm saying it would be nice QoL-wise if you didn't have to release your key, hit G then get back on the key. If you could just throw a nade while JJing around an L-building roof without fiddling with keys because of a "bug", that'd be great.
  11. Iridar51

You got it all wrong. Tapping spacebar during the throw is what triggers the bug, not prevents it.
  12. cruczi

Wait, so the bug never triggers if you throw the grenade while using the jetpack? If so, I don't get why it's such an issue to anyone
  13. Iridar51

I wouldn't call "never", but the bug did seem to conclusively turn off while throwing only when tapping spacebar.
    Because usually you're tapping spacebar to hold the height, i.e. throwing the grenade while floating just above the wall.
  14. cruczi

Ahh. I don't think I ever do it like that, I time the grenade throw so I don't have to float and wait for the animation to finish.
  15. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I was just about to post "I use drifters and I don't know what bug you are talking about."
    Makes sense, you don't tap drifters.^^
  16. SeanFree

I thought it disables jetpacks when holding it down as well? I might be remembering wrong, I haven't gotten to play much in the last couple weeks and grenades aren't useful enough for me to whine about it excessively :)
  17. Iridar51

I'm not sure, maybe it does. Didn't seem to when I tested it in VR.
  18. SeanFree

I'm probably remembering wrong. Even so, the inability to hover and throw a nade should be fixed. Using the only thing that makes the class unique and then not having access to one of the few tools we have is...absurd? Annoying? Asshattery? Dunno what a good word to end that is :)
  19. Iridar51

No one is arguing about that.
  20. cruczi

Just had this happen to me in a fight at Snake Ravine Lookout. Dropped down from the roof on the north side of the base, slowed down my fall by holding down the jump button, threw a grenade down to the cap point, and there went my jetpack... I was intending to land on the balcony but fell to the ground instead and got killed.

TL;DR the bug does seem to trigger when holding down the jump button.
    • Up x 2