[Suggestion] SOE, can you PLEASE start using your OWN forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BiggggBRIM, Sep 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBVanu

Hi Radar.. your comment is correct. However, it is all about the impression that a lack of responses illicit.
    When there are zero responses from SOE, then the community will feel ignored.
    Since it takes only about 2 minutes to log in and type a response, it feels as if nobody at SOE will even take
    the slightest responsibility to respond. 2 minutes is all it would have taken anyone in your office to alleviate
    some of the pain (if not most of it), that your customer's felt.

On top of it, when it then turns out that someone took the time, but they ignored their own official forum, that
    just adds to the impression of being ignored by SOE. That is when perception is truth, since focus determines
    reality. The forumside community focuses on the PS2 forum. That forum was left to wither and die.. or so it
    seemed.

We understand that you 'can't ignore all the avenues to engage our customers'.. what we don't understand is
    when SOE ignores the one and only official PS2 Forum. I'm sure you understand the importance of staying
    in touch, especially since you guys knew there would be fall-out with the 32bit fiasco, so you must have
    known that this forum could become an important tool for SOE to stay in touch.

We appreciate all the work you guys do, (at least I do, and I hope most others in here do as well), but when
    SOE can't find 2 minutes to post in it's own forum, that we have a hard time understanding.

The hotfix from today seems to work for some, but I still crash right after the map screen comes on. Maybe
    you can tell us a little bit more, or anything, about what the devs are working on to make the game playable again.

Thank you for reading this.
    • Up x 6
  2. Allin

That was one of my first things I really fighted for on those forums.

Forcing people to use social media for official statements, updates and actual game issues is ridiculous.

I hate social media. I don't use twitter or reddit. I would prefere devs being active where it matters, not where it shows.
    • Up x 5
  3. Iridar51

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  4. TommyXXL

i thought the devs are just busy with the game, until i looked on reddit. wow, they are pretty active there, that is just... disrespectful to the users of the OFFICIAL forum.
    just link https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php to the reddit/r/ and close down this forum if it's that hard to reply here.
    • Up x 5
  5. Archiadus

I believe ( hope ) that most will agree that we're not asking them to ignore the other websites, we'd just like to see them take the time to ctrl + A -> ctrl + V the messages that we should know about ( upcoming changes, etc ) to the forums.

I personally don't mind if they decide not to have active conversations on the official forums as long as they just let us know about the important things because it's very disappointing to have to learn about things like that from regular forum users that are kind enough to share what's been posted on Reddit / Twitter.
    • Up x 2
  6. Who Garou

Its time to start saying the same things in the main SOE game forums, here :: https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php

You are 100% correct.

Is THIS the OFFICAL PS2 Game Forum or not?

I shouldn't have to deal with some other company's product to interact with SOE personnel when there is a SOE produced site for doing just that!
    IT is right FREAKING HERE!
  7. Who Garou

We are being constructive.

The Community his highly agitated over the debacle of the Friday update. The timing was bad and the update just wasn't ready to go live.

Saying that you are paying attention to other avenues doesn't convince me that you're taking active time to engage or express your responses in these forums. Certainly not when responses are going out first to locations other than the OFFICAL PS2 FORUM.
    How hard is it to copy and paste the same message you any of you put up on Facebook, Twitter, or Reddit (or whatever) up on the official game forums as well?

It's easy to say people aren't being constructive when they feel they have to pry up bricks from the street and throw them at officals to get attention.
    It's unfortunate, but sometimes it comes down to that.

This is the results that are received due to your lack of responses and horrible timing.

A lot of this could have been defused by waiting to drop the big update after the long weekend, and on a Tuesday or Wednesday so that things could be sorted out before the big rush of weekend gaming.

Yes, we are paying customers and we are upset. If this was a restaurant, I wouldn't be back for a long time. You all certainly wouldn't be getting a tip.
    As it is, I TRUSTED a certain level of professional behavior out of SOE and it's products. My level of TRUST has dropped. I regret upping my subscription hoping that SOE would live up the brand name.

This is constructive. The results of bad customer service is a loss of customers. The customers that are complaining are one's that love the game so much that they are willing to put up instead of shutting up. Telling them that their input is not wanted because you don't like it isn't going to change their opinions. They will either continue letting you know their displeasure, shut up and deal with it, or turn around and walk away.

"Good riddance" you may say. Now that to me would be non-constructive.
    • Up x 5
  8. Utrooperx

Logged in 8:46PM 9-2. I deleted UserOptions.ini, deleted Planetside2.exe (x64), deleted InputProfile_User, re-validated all game files, confirmed check boxes for "Toggle Sprint" and "Toggle Zoom" were clicked, set "Sprint/Hold breath" hot key to NUMPAD 5, set "move forward" to NUMPAD 8 and...

Toon will not run/sprint no matter how many times I mash NUMPAD 5 then press NUMPAD 8. Toon will only s-l-o-w-l-y walk.

Clicked RMB to "zoom" into ADS...pressing NUMPAD 5 to "Hold breath" immediately knocked me out of ADS.

Five days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) after having a bug-filled patch inflicted upon me in order "integrate the PS4 at all costs" (please see: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2f2kay/issues_after_the_august_update/ ), I STILL cannot play a game I pay $15 a month to play.

After checking http://www.ps2tracker.net/?page=1, I see zero posts about this being worked on, despite being a "utmost priority". (Please see: http://ps2issuetracker.com/browse/PS-175 )

In fact, it would appear as if the devs are more concerned about a change in the "format" of /r/planetside then they are about fixing this game!

PS2 DesignerMalorn 57 points58 points59 points 6 hours ago (34 children)

I think this subreddit is impervious to sarcasm.
    PS2 DesignerMalorn 31 points32 points33 points 4 hours ago (12 children)

omg sarcasm is vital to this subreddit's survival
    PHASE 2 IRONY SYSTEM IS NEEDED RIGHT NOW
    subreddit being ruined by lack of sarcasm!
    Systems Designertayradactyl 30 points31 points32 points 4 hours ago (10 children)
    something something nobody asked for this, something something unsubbed.
    PS2 Marketplace and XP programmermuldoonx9 23 points24 points25 points 4 hours ago (5 children)
    As long as we get an option to turn off the Irony system, it's okay with me. My reddit posts must be srs bsns.

Malorn@xalorn 8h
    @XanderClauss inorite @RoyAwesome is fixing what isn't broken

Taylor Dowell@Tayradactyl 8h
    @XanderClauss It's like a microcosm of game criticism in general.

Malorn@xalorn 6h
    @FBINinja @XanderClauss @RoyAwesome def not getting any enjoyment out of this

Malorn@xalorn 3h
    @Westy543 @XanderClauss @RoyAwesome Sometimes folks just gotta move off of 1990's UI design and put pertinent information in the periphery.

This is very...disappointing. Let me tell you, I PAY for this game...and I'm CERTAINLY not "getting any enjoyment out of this"...

If you, as a customer, have been adversely affected by the amazingly poor decision inflicted upon this community last Friday...before a three-day weekend...with the full knowledge that there would be minimal support over said holiday weekend...and the full awareness that what they (SoE) were pushing Live was horribly broken...

Please let the Right People know!

John Smedley is the President of SoE. He has always seemed to be a straight up type of guy that gets things done.

Drop him a line...let him know how you feel...here's his e-mail address---> jsmedley@soe.sony.com
    • Up x 5
  9. SpartanPsycho

I have that sign too. I get to work a lot lol.
  10. AdmiralArcher

in the end this all comes down to Communication and Trust

because the Developers choose to post less on the official forums and more on Reddit and twitter and not respond to at least a few of the thousands of threads in a meaningful manner, the customers no longer trust that the developers are paying attention

the only Dev that i feel actually cares is David Carey......i have no idea what he actually does in his job as the producer, hell he might just be a dammed coffee boy for smedly or higby....but the fact that he takes time (time that is not always at work) to actually answer questions and alliviate concerns makes me like him regardless of what he actually does.

communication is the building block of society, trust is the lifeline, and respect is the ladder

you cannot be truly successful without the 3 in harmony
    • Up x 2
  11. FBVanu

Agreed, Dcarey made an effort.. just on the WRONG forum. If he had time to post 30 responses on Reddit..
    but not one on the PS2 Forum.... that I can not understand.
    And some of his responses on Reddit would have been a HUGE help in this forum, but, instead, we got the cold shoulder.
    • Up x 5
  12. AdmiralArcher

no, his posts have pretty much only been on the official forums, they are stickied at the top of the game discussion page
    • Up x 1
  13. FBVanu

we have a thread about the 30 posts from SOE, on Reddit, over this weekend.

here he is: http://www.reddit.com/user/dcareySOE

that's not the official PS2 Forum..
    • Up x 2
  14. DorianOmega

Forumside, where the devs don't seem to give a **** until the mods tell em that their is a thread bashing them...

At least that's what they convey with the lack of response's here, not like this forum is too big to manage....
    • Up x 3
  15. TheChippewa

Social media is just easier is all. Sitting at the computer doing your programming or going through code it's simply easier to be able to reddit or tweet on your smart phone rather than keeping a forum tab up on the millions of other tabs that are already up. I do agree about that the forums should be on the cutting edge of what's going on.
  16. Shanther

ITT:

Entitlement issues.
    • Up x 1
  17. Utrooperx

Perhaps, with current events, this makes a bit more sense...?

While in no way do I condone non-constructive criticisms, there is such a thing as...

"You made your bed...now sleep in it."

Pay close attention between 0.01 and 0.10...

SoE really needs to gather what dignity they have left and respond appropriately with a huge apology for making the PC PS2 community "Alpha testers" of the PS4 integration and immediately provide total transparency concerning what steps they are taking to fix this fiasco...as well as posting a daily update here, on the PS2 "Official" forums, of where they are at concerning repairing the damage done to the game last Friday, and what still needs to be done.

Simple communication...on the "Official" forum, is not too much to ask for...and would go FAR in re-building the community's trust that the devs are working towards a resolution of the many issues currently plaguing the game.

Right now, aside from posts made on other third-party social networks, has there been ANY acknowledgement from a SoE representative of all the current problems introduced Friday? Any apology? Any update/ETA as to when things will be fixed?

If you are not happy, let the Right People know!

John Smedley is the President of SoE. He has always seemed to be a straight up kind of guy that gets things done.

Drop him a line...tell him how you feel. Here's his e-mail address----> jsmedley@soe.sony.com
    • Up x 3
  18. Joexer

I like many others pay for this game. I like this game. And the fact that I keep playing. And participating. And paying. And dealing with all the bugs and problems. And the fact that this was just the beta for the next-gen consoles. And the performance. Should tell the developers they have something good. In fact that should make them feel like they made something great that thousands of people enjoy. That would make anyone feel good. Ive been on Planetside 2 for 2.5ish years. The development has been slightly slow. And quality has not been amazing. But I continue playing. I am tired of this though. We need an active community relations department. Im sure you dont get paid $50+/hr to go on reddit and announce every detail about whats up and coming etc and occasionally flame someone for a comment. This game has potential. And these forums are the place to unlock that potential. Reddit may seem like the biggest demographic but the forums are the most devoted.
    To sum things up...

This Forum is the community. Use it. Or lose it.

p.s. the dwindling population is not a coincidence
    • Up x 4
  19. andy_m

Agreed, but this IS the official forum, is it not?

Regarding the many posts here about the amount of drivvel posted on the official forum. Basically, as I see it, the moderation here is rubbish. Every now and then you get a mod locking down a thread for not being constructive. There are loads of posts in the Planetside 2 Gameplay Discussion forum that should be locked down before it even gets a page long. But, no, ten pages later the moaning and counter moaning goes on.

Improve the moderation of threads. Don't just lock down, delete any topics/threads that do not adhere to the forum guidelines and that will help to improve the quality of the OFFICIAL FORUM.
    • Up x 3
  20. Desann

I have said since BETA that I do not and WILL NOT make a twitter account. I deleted my facebook and no longer wish to participate in "social networking" sites. It annoys me that I see announcements being made when I google planetside stuff. The forums get completely ignored all of the time, when discussions are flaring on other sites.

dont make sense
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.