Why claymores do 1300dmg?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patrykK1028, Aug 26, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

When Bouncing Bettys and Proximity Mines do 1000?
  2. Thovargh

Because they're directional
    • Up x 4
  3. z1967

They are directional explosives, so that 1300 damage is channeled into a smaller area (thus killing less people) but you can stand behind your mine and not die. The range in which it OHKs is only extneded by about a meter or so, nothing huge. The advantage is making it a smart idea and better to hide the mine behind a wall as opposed to throwing it at something or placing it in the middle of the doorway.

THe killing degrees of fire is around 90 degrees. So it will not activate if you creep up behind it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eyeklops

Umm...pretty sure all AP mines are now 360 degree damage. In fact an outfit mate tried to walk behind one this weekend and got gibbed because he thought it was safe.
    • Up x 1
  5. Stigma

Then you have never used any claymores - seriously.

-Stigma
    • Up x 8
  6. jiggu

To ensure that you stay dead, heretic.
    • Up x 3
  7. Nexus545

The blow up instantly. That's compensation for being directional.
    • Up x 1
  8. Copasetic

Why do they get sucked into walls when I'm trying to put them on the ground?
    • Up x 1
  9. Eyeklops

:rolleyes:

Sans flak armor, the Claymore is the only AP mine I have a 0% survival chance against. With Prox or Betty's about 1/4 of the time I can bolt away and survive.
    • Up x 3
  10. FateJH

Hm, curious. File a bug report ticket and see what happens.
    • Up x 1
  11. Takara

Yet when I shoot them from behind I take damage o_O curious
    • Up x 1
  12. Bankrotas

Video date: 20-01-2014

05-08-2014 Pachnotes:
    Source: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/update-notes-8-5.196032/
    • Up x 6
  13. Mxiter

Why bouncing betties & prox mines are flat and detect ennemies at 180°?
    • Up x 1
  14. Bujias

Because they are a lot easier to see compared to the other AP mines?
    • Up x 1
  15. Malorn

That video is old, that bug was fixed in the last update and claymores are once again both triggering and detonating 180 degrees.
    • Up x 4
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

So Flak Armor lvl 4 will not safe?
  17. MotionBlured

If you position them properly they can be just as hard to see.
    • Up x 1
  18. Captain Kid

Yeah claymore doing 360 degree damaged was supposed to be fixed in the July patch. But it wasn't.
  19. Church41349

That's the thing IF they are positioned properly. You can't just place them anywhere like proxys and bettys.
  20. zu2

Part of the new stickiness they incorporated into claymores to prevent them from being moved by your teammates once placed. They can still detonate if an enemy comes within the cone of detection however. I have seen this happen. Surprise, surprise!