[Video] Pump Action Shotgun Slugs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Iridar51

I would marry give money to the guy who created "death from headshot" character animation.

I created this video in light of recent spark of interested towards slug ammunition, and to demonstrate the strengths of the least used weapon + attachment combination in the game.

Watch in 1080p!

Slug CQC headshots in slo-mo is something I could watch forever.
    PA Shotty with a slug ammo is basically a ghetto bolt action for non-infiltrators with 0.75x ADS movespeed multiplier, better hip fire and moving accuracy, but effective range of 20-30m.

My other videos:
    Light Assault Irony (video montage)
    Light Assault Basic Strategy (video guide)
    Take this life, my chaingun (Heavy Assault montage)
    Juggernaut, the Red Baron (Mosquito dogfighting montage)
    I fight for Vanu! (VS Light Assault montage)
    Armistice Day (TR Light Assault montage)
    Freedom has a price (NC Light Assault montage)
    • Up x 4
  2. vanu123

Still don't know why they had to give VS slugs bullet drop.... at least when they did they could have buffed the velocity to match the other factions. Right now we have the trait of slow velocity w/o the trait of no bullet drop.
    • Up x 1
  3. jiggu

Best music for best video
    • Up x 2
  4. Iridar51

I don't see what the big deal is, within slugs' effective range of 20m bullet drop doesn't matter. Past that slugs just take too long to fly to the target, and do too little damage.
    • Up x 1
  5. vanu123

So then why did they take it away? If it didn't make that much of a difference then why take away a faction trait from yet another weapon.
  6. Iridar51

Good question.
    • Up x 1
  7. cruczi

More like a silly question. It wrongly assumes SOE have reasons for what they do.
    • Up x 1
  8. Iridar51

A short addition:

Some very lucky headshots :)
    This is leftover footage just before I auraxiumed the PA shotty, so I'm not going to make more PA slugs videos soon. Sorry for setting the precedent of posting a minute short video, I'll try to avoid it in the future.
    • Up x 1
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Just sad I didn't play much with VS slugs before they were changed. I'd have preferred them to lose speed instead of having drop, that'd be a lot more unique.
    Question: How many frames to get good at that? Because I know I can do it, but in every large fight I feel like my screen is in the way.
    The second video had some pretty nifty shots, btw.
  10. Iridar51

I'd say consistent 40+ is the bare minimum. Are you sure you've done everything to maximize performance? Check out my performance guide, there's a world of difference between properly and improperly configured PS2 / PC.
  11. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Thanks for the Info, though I've just come to the conclusion that it's just miller lagging that much.
    With a Ping between 100 and 150 ms I just need to aim where I think my opponent will be in a while, and it kinda worked.
    I get between 35 and 60 frames, though when I dip that low, might as well pull a heavy.

Also, thanks for something you didn't even intend ;) :
    Looking at my directives, I noticed I couldn't even see my progress as I was lacking a third shotgun to gold (I think I got around 2400 kills ahead of me), so I picked up the small mag semiauto, and hot damn, I missed that feeling. +0.5 K/D.

Btt:
    I really enjoy hitting opponents from a bit away, just like on release I made it a sport to hit moving soldiers with rockets from 50+ meters.
    But I think in most situations, I'm just plain better with shot. The more I think about it, the more my position game is definitely better than my aim.
  12. Matti

Holy shot..guns
  13. Vosrash

I know you really like slugs with pa shotty but i'm still lovin the slugs on the starter shotty simply because of the reach factor, though giving up a chunk of TTK at kissing distance still doesn't leave you behind most other shortrange options.
  14. Iridar51

I don't like slugs on semi-auto/full-auto because of their inconsistency. They're 2 shot kill within 10m, but if target has at least nanoweave 1 or it is at range >10m, it's a 3 shot kill. They can't instantly OHK, so at least several shots are required, and SA/FA are bad at doing several shots because of large CoF and CoF bloom. PA has rechamber delay between shots, so it is always as accurate as it can be.
  15. Frosty The Pyro

they did buff the slug velocity though...
  16. vanu123

Link to the patch notes please?
  17. DrBash00

I wantet to start sniping a little bit, maby at the same time i go for shotgun slugs, so i get some feeling for this "hit your shot or you lost" playstyle.
  18. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I have to admit, once you get used to it, and if you have some good frames, you can get some pretty good streaks with this setup.
    Better than I expected.
  19. Redwave

Very nice video once again Iridar, didn't really pay much attention to it since I don't like Shotguns, even less Pump Action but this video is an exception. this was really impressive and I learned a few things from this vid.
  20. TheMercator

After getting the Auraium Medal on all Shotguns except for the Bruiser I decided to actually more thant try slugs on that weapon. And I have to say they are really nice when you have the option to shoot Ads at unsuspecting targets. But as soon as you have to move to avoid fire, or shoot out of the hip, the CoF makes it pure luck to kill someone. I don't want to use lasersights, since the basic magazine is just to small considering you need at least two bodyshots to kill.