New 35% alert does not work

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Arsonix, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Arsonix

Was playing on Connery during the alert to take 35% of the continent to prevent it from being locked and when the alert ended we had 38% and we still lost the alert and the continent was locked. It was late at night so I suspect the server was doing the thing it normally does and locks 2 of the continents to pump up the numbers on the other continents but regardless we still didn't get any XP for clearly winning our alert.
  2. Captain Kid

Alerts are broken right now. TR on Emerald had all the bases on Hossin except two this week and no alert triggered. And most end in a draw as well.
  3. \m/SLAYER\m/

totally broken
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. AnnPerkins

yep, this happened to me this morning. Gave a bunch of worthless zerg VS kiddies a free kill and an undeserved death to me not to mention the xp we lost. You should refund all of us and fix your ****.
  5. Regpuppy

That's not even the hilarious part. Late last night, three alerts triggered and were active at the same time.

Free Xp for everyone, amirite?
  6. Captain Kid

Just happened an hour ago on Emerald as well. :)
    But that is not a bug I think. alerts trigger when an empire has more then 50% of bases on a continent..
  7. Regpuppy

A bug, probably not. But it's likely not intended to be a common or even regular occurrence. Considering only one or two continents at best can be locked at a time on our server (this was still near primetime), it's a sure sign that the alert start conditions are too easy to achieve.
  8. FateJH

I noted that my Alert UI was fine until an Alert triggered while an Alert was already happening. After that, even single continent Alerts are broken. The UI manager was probably never retooled to handle multiple Alerts at once and broke when the need suddenly arose. It might have overriden some resources or, at best, the thread that builds the packet data ended up being deadlocked.

Since we have a map graph for territory control percentage, and we don't have individual facility control Alerts anymore (which require looking at multiple continents), I think we can actually do away with this scoreboard UI feature.