5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. WycliffSlim

Maybe we should just start everyone with 100k certs, at BR100 and with everything unlocked.

The entire point of the directive system is end-game content. ie: things that you're working towards for at least months at a time.
  2. johnway

Personally i don't see the targets impossible to achieve. its just that in between the start and finish line there's very little incentive or reward. Oh look 5 nanines oh 10 and by the end of it you get 100 PLUS special item. It feels like all or nothing and its at this point i generally don't care about the special weapons or asethics as i won't be able to enjoy them as i won't see them in 1st person.

The best way to aurax is to find a weapon you're comfortable with and keep using it until you win. I play around 6 hrs a week (friday and evening weekends 2hrs a day or there about) getting maybe 50 kills. It takes me MONTHS to aurx a weapon. But if i play consistently doing the same results every day i don't think it would be difficult.

I guess the best way is to join a large outfit or find the biggest fights and get working.
  3. Whatupwidat

What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces etc, etc, etc.

Basically sir, I challenge you to fisticuffs xD
    • Up x 2
  4. minhalexus

As I've said mate, many people I know that play this game A LOT and literally have like 30 days into the game still don't have a Auraxiam tier.

It's just not for the 95% of the player population.

And I'm fine if they say that it's not meant to be for 95% of the player population, but if they want it to be achievable by more players then they need to work on the directives.

You see it's not hard to make things hard for the devs. They can just as easily only make the directives for Daddy exclusively and say "Directive rewards are not for everybody and only for the best player."

But if they want to include players that are not "Daddy" they need to tone things down.
  5. Calisai

I think you're misunderstanding what these particular directives were for. The first phase of the directives were to give something to the high-end players to strive for. Like prestige levels... and thus, since those players have pretty much everything by the time they are completing these... it's really only cosmetic rewards that are worthwhile.

The fact that new players can complete the lower levels is a bonus.

SOE is supposed to be working on rewards for the lower tiers and more creative rewards for other types of directives after the initial system is in place.
  6. Amouris

Took a look at my flash directive progress, pretty sure ill delete my account before getting auraxium on the Basilisk-f.
  7. Ronin Oni

If you only play an hour a day the Auraxium directive rewards are not really directed for you.
  8. doombro

Directives as I had understood it here supposed to be something to improve the new player experience in particular. They haven't done this in any way, except given them more questions.
  9. Nhilys

Well, admittedly some weapons are more difficult to auraxium than others, primaries are overall ok even if you have to auraxium a weapon you don't like using but stuff like lock only launchers, hunter QCX or tank mines are just painful to do.
  10. minhalexus

That's the concern, they release a new thing that basically neglects 99% of the population.

Let's take you for example, I see you've played 10 whole days on one character, and I can bet you aren't even slightly close to an Auraxiam tier.

They need to reconsider this.
  11. Ronin Oni

No, no they don't.

This is primarily to give long term goals.

If you aren't BR100 your goal is getting more certs to do stuff with, WHICH, as it so happens, will eventually include unlocking the other guns needed to get the directive weapons.

Not everything is for everyone.

deal with it

FFS people these days.
    • Up x 1
  12. Maljas23

I am only going to work toward the weapons attentively. The other stuff will come just by playing. The requirements for the primary weapons are far from impossible, and tbh, they are the only ones that really matter. The cosmetic directives aren't worth trying to grind. Just unlock them by playing normally.

I recently finished the SMG directive. I already had the two ES SMGs finished before this system, so I just had to grind out the two NS SMGs. Took me about 2-4 days to do so. I set personal goals to reach so that I wouldn't over grind, but still be productive at the same time. Far from impossible.

I will say that it is quite ironic that RL dmg vs infantry was nerfed with this update, and yet infantry have to pretty much be the primary target for RLs in order to have any chance of unlocking the end reward.
    • Up x 1
  13. SeanFree

No, they could make the lower tiers worth achieving with trivial rewards. If you're not putting the same time in then why should you get a big prestigious award that >5% of the playerbase has? I'm not trying to sound like an elitist but that's why they were put into the game, to show the grind and get a glamorous reward as a trade off to time spent.
  14. Leftconsin

MAX Auraxium seems to require having Auraxuim MAX punch. A feat achieved by only two people. Ever.

That's a bit silly.
  15. minhalexus

A comment I wrote a while back:-

"As I've said mate, many people I know that play this game A LOT and literally have like 30 days into the game still don't have a Auraxiam tier.

It's just not for the 95% of the player population.

And I'm fine if they say that it's not meant to be for 95% of the player population, but if they want it to be achievable by more players then they need to work on the directives.

You see it's not hard to make things hard for the devs. They can just as easily only make the directives for Daddy exclusively and say "Directive rewards are not for everybody and only for the best player."

But if they want to include players that are not "Daddy" they need to tone things down."

What's the point of neglecting most of of the player base, when they could have easily included them.
    They don't have to make it achievable by everyone, but 5 auraxiams on single weapon type is pretty insane mate.

Directives have not been well thought through, that's all.
  16. Maljas23

How is it neglecting anyone? These are all goals that are reachable by any player. The time a player spends on these is totally up to them. Directives are meant to be long-term goals. Even if they were to reduce some of them, people who put more time into it will still get them well before those who don't.

I honestly don't see the issue here. What exactly is the average amount of kills players have at the end of a 1-2 hour session?
  17. Calisai

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/may-directives.162115/

Specifically...

They have the tiers in place. You can gain the first few levels of each directives pretty easily to gain points. They've talked about increasing the tiers and giving some xp or cert bonuses for other tiers in the future, but the original system never said anything more about it.

This is what everyone is fixated on.... the fact that rewards are there and they are way to hard to get... but the point was that they should be long term goals... prestige like.... and not direct power upgrades but mostly cosmetic, which they succeeded at. So much so that people have been complaining that the Aurax versions are actually worse than the normal weapons... but they look cool.

That was the whole point.

It really comes down to this... people want to think they can get any reward in the game with minimal effort... the point of the rewards of the system is to give those long-term rewards for those players that invest horrible amounts of time into. The ribbons and auraxium system already rewarded players with certs and XP for completion... they even get daily XP for completing 5 ribbons. (the dailies from MMO's)... these are like the end-game gear grind... massive amount of effort and time rewarded with marginally better equipment (in this case cosmetic to stay away from the pay-to-win aspect as much as possible)

I think you are getting Directives confused with the Mission system, which is suppose to help motivate players into doing more goal oriented things... like capturing certain bases, etc.
    • Up x 1
  18. SeanFree

That's why people have suggested incentive's for the lower tiers, little decals and the like to tie them over. They're introducing "endgame" content which can actually be achieved before BR100. If people aren't willing to focus on grinding out a weapon class to get them, they don't deserve them. Heck, if Auraxium weapons were OP I'd agree but most are fairly mediocre. If people aren't going to focus on a weapon class to get said 5 Auraxiums then they don't need an Auraxium weapon. It would be a watered down version which is fairly pointless if the majority can reach it easily.
  19. minhalexus

Long-term can mean anything.

This directive system is really not well thought and even more poorly made.

And as I've said, I'm fine if they just say that it's not meant to be for 95% of the player base.
    I'll just give up then, but if most players give up then the devs really did not make a good directive system.

Read the last 2 lines of my comment above.
  20. doombro

You seem to have misunderstood me. What I'm complaining about is that the low-tier directives have no rewards whatsoever, and many of the directives that were supposed to be included in the system are simply not there. The developers themselves said months back that directives were intended to be a major feature focused on improving the new player experience. They've harmed new players, if anything. You can't count directive points as a reward, because they don't do anything. And none of the current directives are geared toward newer players.