5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Taemien

Seriously?

I bet you could get Auraxium with 8+ weapons in a shorter time than you could get this weapon in Everquest: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2631

You all knew what SOE's track record was on weapon epic quests in their games. Consider the directive weapons to be one of those. In fact PS2's 'epic weapon quest' is the easiest/quickest to do.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kcalehc

Meh, Greenmist took longer ;)

But it should be hard, and take a long time. though in this case there should also be some reward at lesser tiers of completion too - otherwise why even have them?
  3. Yuukikun

I have 1200 hours of time on my character, and a very big amount of it is just afk while i'm working on projects and studies (univ doesn't give so much free time), and i have almost 50 auraxiums. Also the directive reward guns are not for everyone, but only those who are working hard on them, so they're long to get, but far from impossible.
  4. Ghosty11

I agree. I have 20 or so Auraxium medals on my VS main and no launcher or pistol Auraxiums because I really don't want to run around using side arms or rocket launchers as a primary weapon.
  5. Flapatax

Oh man this thread is everything I thought it would be.
    • Up x 1
  6. LT_Latency

People if you over BR 80 you are not normal. So don't say it is easy. You play more and have more skill then most players

I am almost 90 and play a ton more than the average player
  7. Astealoth

Aurax on Annihilator is virtually impossible. I been trying for months to get it to silver, damage per shot and time between shots is so abysmal that hitting anything is just luck of the draw. Might get a kill shot 1 in every 300 tries. When you're solo, things can get halfway across the map before you can do enough damage to kill them. In a group every other launcher hits faster, stealing your kills. Launcher directives will only be finished by the most dedicated few IMO.
    • Up x 1
  8. Kcalehc

Stand near bursters or a skyguard. Steal their kills.
    (Run away so they don't kill you!)

Or flank in a tank battle area, and pick off the burning ones.

Though I agree, that's going to be a very difficult launcher to get many kills on.
  9. Astealoth

That's the only thing to do, and that's where you can get you 1 in 300 chance of a kill shot. Burster and skyguards are so much more efficient at killing things so you have to make computations on the fly how many seconds for your lock on and shot travel versus how many hits they are going to land in that period, and if the target is even in a position they wont escape. it's just so much to worry about to actually get kills with the Anni. The no dumbfire on a rock bottom dps weapon is silly hard to overcome. All it's good for is scaring people to cover with LOCK ON [G] warning.
  10. ronjahn

They are intended to be difficult to obtain. Working as intended.

I logged into this update with the Auraxium Carbine already unlocked. That took me about 7-9 months of focused effort to get the purple medal on all carbines prior to the update to get where I was when directives were added.

Time to start grind out medals if you guys really want these weapons.

I'm about 400 kills away from the LMG and I need around 300 enforcer or canister kills for Vanguard. I see these all happening by the end of August.

I've put a lot of time into the game, check my sig if curious.
  11. Mxiter

I agree that rocket directive is almost impossible to reach, especially for TR that are blocked between striker and Annhi. (without mentioning that it encourage a bad gameplay)

More or less like flash roadkills.

Sidearm looks only for stalker infiltrators.

Pff not even Rez nade kills directive .
    • Up x 1
  12. Kanil

I've got 583 hours played in 606 days, 8 auraxiums, and one auraxium weapon. I'd have even more if I made a point of specifically trying to auraxium stuff.
  13. SeanFree

It's kind of odd to see people who want end game content to be easy to get...the point of it IS the fact that it's difficult to obtain.

I played 3 or 4 hours yesterday to bang out my fifth carbine auraxium, getting the Auraxium Carbine was one of the best feelings I've had in PS2. I've heard it's not very good but honestly I don't care. It was an achievement that few have accomplished, which atm is >5% of the playerbase. To join an elite group of top players should be achievement worth grinding for. I have 50% playtime as an LA, getting a weapon to show off said time is great IMO.
  14. TheBlindFreak

GD7F, GD-Claw, EM1-Longshot, Vandal, Mag-Cutter, and the Air Hammer.
    Closing in on the Commish with about 100 more kills.

I don't understand how people can have so many auraxi's. I've been playing since launch. How much time are these guys actually able to put into this game? I have work and school, so I'm limited to some evenings.

I think I'll just start working on my carbines more, I guess. It's the closest I am to the finished aurax directive.
  15. NinjaTurtle

I have played the same amount of time as you and I have 16 of them compared to your 6. It's a matter of play style.... hint be more aggressive

I also have been playing since launch and have limited evenings due to work
  16. Whatupwidat

They're just little gifts to the autistic fellas who play the game all day every day.

Personally I view them as a "Get A ******* Life" award
    • Up x 1
  17. minhalexus

Directives in their current state, are just not meant for everybody.
    Maybe only 5% of the entire PS2 population.

Best not take them seriously unless you're that 5%.
  18. Verviedi

Lol scrub I can get an auraxium with my cat on my keyboard and i have a life. I have friends too. You know, like 45 of them on my list.

(Sarcasm)
    • Up x 1
  19. Downy

I believe that the directives system has been designed to be progressive system and not a simple unlock on the first day.
  20. Downy

I sorry to say but I believe that you might not be so good at the game, don't take this in the wrong way but I've played 3 days and completed two weapons and that's with no intensive to do so...I have a friend that has completed four guns at Auraxium level and hes played 6 days (I think) however he is really good!

NOTE: I'm not hating I'm just pointing out the obvious factor in your story