5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. minhalexus

5 auraxiams is way too high.

It's nearly impossible to achieve from the stand point of an average player who plays about an hour everyday.

Even some of the most dedicated players I've known who've spent a lot of time in Planetside 2 still don't have an Auraxiam gun/vehicle.

How about 3 Auraxiams?
    If not then just never mind, I give up.
    • Up x 5
  2. Verviedi

I have 350 hours of playtime. 1 Auraxium. My next highest number of kills on one weapon is 308.
    I suggest changing Auraxium to 800 kills and adding another (Platinum?) medal at 500 kills.
    • Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

I thought it was 4.
  4. Jur270

Playing for +1 year and only i have auraxium my t9 carv and msw-r
    The next i had in lmg is the tmg 50 but for me it really hurts using that
    Trac 5 is the closest with almost 800
  5. task_master

4 for smg, scout/battle rifle, launcher. 5 everything else.
  6. Mongychops

That's the point. They are supposed to be hard to get, so that they are exclusive, and something to aspire to.

It gives those who have already unlocked the stuff they care about a reason to play.
    • Up x 27
  7. SteamBoiler

I started enjoying the game again when I stopped looking at directives.

Seriously these things are only for the truly hardcore players. I thought to myself at first when directives came out "Yea! I'm gonna use nothing but rocket launchers until I unlock the Kraken" So I was rocket primarying for a while and firing my g2g launcher at infantry lol. Found myself getting really bored so I gave up on that.

I also planned on getting the c4 arx, until I found out I need 1160 kills on Frag grenades, tank mines, claymores, and c4. So I found myself running around in infantry fights using nothing but c4 or infiltrator running claymores into the enemy zerg.

This is not an enjoyable way to play the game, my advice is to not look at directives and just play the game. Directives will come on theirown. Playing for the sake of only completing directives will make you hate this game.
    • Up x 11
  8. SenEvason

It should also be noted they they want to add rewards for the intermediate tiers of directives.
    • Up x 1
  9. Titan6

I've gotten 3 Auraxiams in the last month. It's really not that difficult.
    • Up x 7
  10. TheKhopesh

My Auraxium list:
    ----------------------------------------
    Assault Rifles:

Reaper DMR
    Carnage AR
    GR-22
    NC1 Gauss Rifle
    Gauss Rifle S
    Gauss Rifle Burst
    NS-11A
    NS-11P
    NC-9 A-Tross
    LMG's:

NC6 Gauss Saw
    EM6
    Rocket Launchers:

NC15 Phoenix
    Phoenix AE
    Shotguns:
    NC05 Jackhammer
    GD-66 Claw
    SMG's:
    GD-10 Blitz
    Pistols:
    LA3 Desperado
    Explosives:
    C-4
    Melee:
    MagCutter

Total:
    19 Auraxium Medals.

Funny little side note:
    Nine Auraxiumed Assault Rifles.
    But only 74 kills on the kill counter for the Combat Medic Directive page...

Anyone else think they should add up the kills from class-specific weapons and credit those kills to the kill counter for the corresponding infantry class?
    (IE, you have a total of 800 kills when you combine all the kills on your AR's, and 600 kills when you combine all the kills on your LMG's, the combine kill count of all your AR's are added to the kill requirement for the Combat Medic Directive tab, and the combine kill count of all your LMG's are added to the kill requirement for the Heavy Assault Directive tab.)
    • Up x 5
  11. nubery

It's not.

Unlocking those weapons is actually an achievement.
    • Up x 4
  12. Saber15

TBH, I think the Auraxium requirements should be dropped by one weapon per group.

The worst is the Launcher directive, especially on the TR. 1160 kills on the Annihilator or the Striker, plus 1160 kills on 4 other launchers (weeks/months of rocket primarying)
    • Up x 4
  13. doombro

Overall I don't think directives accomplished what they needed to. These aren't any objectives new players can accomplish, or rewards they can make good use of.
    • Up x 4
  14. Get2dachoppa

So if we assume an average of 30 kills in an hour of playtime, every day...that's just over a month to get one auraxium medal. So getting 5 auraxiums is certainly not impossible, but still long enough to feel like completing it was a significant accomplishment.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

Seem's ok to me ..

They are I guess something that's intended to be earned over time through normal game play ..

Not something that's quickly earned or easy to get ..

I know for a fact I will never unlock many if any of the vehicle ones .. I just do not use them enough to do so , and I'm entirely fine with that and wouldn't wish the system changed to suit my vehicle " usage or play time "
    • Up x 2
  16. Abraham with Cheese

I've been playing this game for nearly two years, and as of now, my closest weapon to which I will achieve Auraxium is my TR Blackjack, with about 70-ish kills to go.

Other than that... several hundred for my Gauss SAW, Orion, Cyclone, Carv and Shrike, among others I can't remember right now. In fact, most of my weapons are at gold medals.

Seriously, I'm lucky if I can play more than two hours a day. It'll likely take me until Planetside 3 for me to unlock these tier rewards.

Kills should be totals, not additional. I'd have to literally kill everyone on Emerald several times apiece to get these. Seriously, jeez.
    • Up x 2
  17. Bape

Yet the auraxiam weapons are worse then the stock version lmao.
    • Up x 2
  18. Yuukikun

Not that hard to get..

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  19. St0mpy

So work on them, stop moving around and theyll come.

It took me ages to get my first because i was spending too much time swapping stuff about, once i started to concentrate on keeping the 1 weapon till i got it then they started to come in faster.

Tip. Name your loadouts general titles like Long| CQ| AT| etc and when you want to work on a single weapon, get the grip for the long loadout, put a laser on for the CQ loadout and just keep using it till youve got the medal. Once you have it, discard the gun and put another one in the same slots.
    • Up x 1
  20. TraatAdmiral

Yeah, they're kinda crazy. I've sniped pretty continuously for well over a year, so I'd have thought that I'd be at least pretty close to the sniper one, but nope, less than halfway there. And I'm gonna have to Auraxium either one of the semi-autos or the TRAP to get it.

Also, yeah, it is very frustrating that they didn't add up the kills with all your LMGs to find your total number of LMG kills, for example. Those could have been made retroactive so easily, but nope, even if you've already got the LMG directive you need another thousand-odd kills with them to get the Heavy Assault one. That's the main thing I dislike; adding those up just seems so basic that I was really surprised they didn't.
    • Up x 3