Earn the free Analyst Helmet

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 24, 2014.

1. FillyFluttershy

Watch the hat look like garbage. :rolleyes:

Hope it's pretty cool looking and stays as a permanently 'off limits' hat to anyone who didn't test the Directives. Including can't buy it with SC. Then it would be truly unique and worth wearing if just several hundred players owned it.
  2. Serpent808

Ran PTS with 3 AMD R9-290x in CrossfireX. I wasn't getting any graphic issues or glitches.

@ the Analyst Helmet, it looks like a very generic motorcycle helmet with a small visor above the windshield. The visor part doesn't even match. The model looks nice and well done, but I don't think it was worth our time. I wouldn't even buy it if it cost $9.00.
  3. germobeno

There is a BUG on the REDEPLOY part in the tutorial you cant advance further is stuck
    • Up x 1
  4. Jerox

Can't you just skip the tutorial all together? And does anyone know what this helmet even looks like??
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

[IMG]
  6. deep470

You can just walk through the red shield, go to the jumppad, destroy the generator and use the warpgateterminal. After pressing I the tutorial ends.
  7. 1NieMamPomyslu1

Yeah, I have also sent some reports, in fact this bug happens quite often, but I don't know if it's squad related
    If it would be a feature, directives wouldn't make sense as they are player's individual achievments
  8. D unit2002

how do u get it
  9. veran79

how do i get to the testing area?
  10. deep470

11. Askar

I don't really like the orange thing on the top, but the faceplate is neat. Any idea what you did to get it? With my internet it will take me a day or two to download the PTS, even though I've got the regular game completely updated.
  12. TrueDenim

So I'll post these reports I've seen in PTS in these days..

- Some people have experienced this. When they make a character (no matter what nation) they can't (re)deploy, or see themself on minimap and global map and they are unable to see they point of sign in maps. The simple solution is just delete that character and make another one

- AMD users (I'm one of them also) have now better quality (same as other ones) and look at them whole game, less FPS drops and improved performance. It means that there is very little diffrence between 2 options (for example. very low - low, medium - high). SOE made god job on that.

- Next bug makes me very anoyed last time, it happens to me preety often. When You are in a Lighting for example, and have Skyguard gun, try to look perpendicular to the axis of the tank (try to imagane if You a locking on enemy vehicle who is just above you - P.S. maybe this will help you realized what I mean), then press "E" (exit vehicle). Now You will fall down (fall under the map), the only thing you can do in this situation is to press "U" , redeploy. Now this bug might work in other vehicle who can aim on vertical axis of the vehicle (example, Prowler/Vanguard with AA gun on second seat, or any other)

- There may be some visual bug for people they just spawn in warpgate (any region). Solution - relog, or delete character and make another one

- I've experienced that anti-infantry mines (claymore for example) sometimes has lagg when detonating.

- Fighter aircrafts sometimes have massive input lagg from mouse/keyboard, maybe is only me and some other people that agrees with me on global chat that day, but just to make sure mention it.

So these is all I've experienced these day, and it will be more if I found, and just to make sure, PTS testers will get Analys Helmet when this test patch is on Live, right?

Regards, Denim
  13. McBurd

Accidentally made character with Regular name instead of Station name while testing directives. How strict is the Station name requirement?
  14. siggenlh

nevermind the helmet, even though i acidently missspelled my charactername ingame i'we contributed in a tiny way of testing itself. still wierd they cant give them accountwide by only the username of the account.
  15. TrueDenim

Station name is your username, or your SOE acc username (samething) or to explain, username needed to log into the game, I belive. Now about that helmet. There's noone who said that helmet is (not) account bound, so can't tell You the right answear.

Regards, Denim
  16. deep470

Please read the first post:

This has nothing to do with your character name, you simply use the same login credentials that you use for the live server.
  17. TrueDenim

There is no need to use terminal to warp. Just press 'Escape' button then You'll se a options on the top left screen, right to the 'log out' and its says clerly - 'Exit tutorial'.

Regards
  18. \m/SLAYER\m/

this will increase NC team killing rate
    • Up x 1
  19. TheBlazing

Brotip: you could very easily get 200% more testers if, instead of posting this on the forums or reddit, you put an actual publicitary blurb in the game with instructions on how to download and use PTS.
    • Up x 3
  20. clone12TM

You have to load the launcher anyway, and sometimes loading takes a while. There's always news on updates on the launcher.