A Positive Note

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CorporalClegg, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CorporalClegg

While this game might not have as much content as PS1, I'm really impressed by the progress its made!
    The game has evolved to an insane degree. In early beta, I remember some strategies being downright overpowering simply because people didn't know how to respond or use solid teamwork.

An example: For those that whine about C4, it used to be far worse and I never missed tanks with it because I was one of the few guys that had it, and tanks didn't know to look out for it. It's now far harder to properly C4 a tank (unless you drifter drop out of an ESF...) and tanks stick together with infantry and other tanks a lot more now.

Which brings me to my next point, there is far more organization in PS2 than I've seen in the past. Command chat works with outfits to best use their manpower to win alerts and respond to threats. With the advent of the all powerful emerald VS on our server, the TR and NC have grown far more coherent and organized to respond to this threat and the game is far better. People are getting more team oriented and the progress towards objectives is more priortized. There are still plenty of lone wolves but outfits are far less derpy and listen and move forward for the good of the faction.

Finally, the devs are doing an outstanding job with working out bugs and introducing new content. Before you complain, there are games out there that have far less dev interaction and are a sad sight of money grabbing and zero progress (anyone that got starbound on steam knows what I'm talking about). But the new **** on the road map and the new content that has been released just this year...

Medic weapons/update
    New continent
    Liberator update
    Continent locking
    Upcoming Valkryie
    Upcoming Auraxium weapons
    etc etc

A couple youtube personalities are now bringing more people back and people are getting back into things. I'd say the future is bright
    • Up x 4
  2. Plunutsud pls

A positive post on forumside?

The end is nigh!
  3. Solidpew

There's been some kind of boost to the motivational spark since June. When the devs are excited about something, it shows. :)
  4. Arkenbrien

THE END IS NEAR! THE GREAT DESTROYER HAS ARRIVED!

5. Paragon Exile

6. Nurath

I have to agree, when I came back somehow I just feel I enjoy the game more. Maybe it's my newer computer. Maybe it's me leaving behind my disappointment at not getting Planetside 1: 2.

Maybe it's that I didn't care so much about PS2 being 'the best game'.

Maybe it's the accumulated nerfs and buffs and updates making the game better.

Dunno, seems like a game I reasonably enjoy these days.

Could be better though. :p