Upcoming MergerSmash Server Naming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoucheDag, Jul 22, 2014.

1. PastalavistaBB

Miller + Woodman = Spandex Planet

Ceres + Cobalt = Hillbilly Town

Looking at the pops, it'll be quite accurate. RIP TR in both cases.
  2. zeGambling

Its not about somekind of trophy in here. And Argentina is not called nowadays Germany becuase they lost. Poeple will go after each other as hard as they can. The Point is that no matter if miller or woodman wins and the winner holds the name its not a helping thing regarding the merging process of the community.

But i wont go on here since u dont seem to any kind a degree and u should visit school more often before u are making false statements about the psychological status of the majority of europe kiddie. In fact I know that a lot of poeple can bear a defeat but doubt that they will be able to bear the consequences being called woodman.And if just a single player drops planetside 2 becuase of that stupid naming policy of SOE than its not just SOE to blame its people like you as well.

And about your pseudo macho attitude with pride and guts.
    My friend I know its heard its hard when ur parents didnt gave you the attention u need but dont hide ur own insecurity behind things like "guts". People that think that they have guts are the first who bow down to companies like SOE or their ServerReps or other not legit authorities.

Start think about whats the difference between fair and legit. It is legit according to atm rules of the mergersmash that the winner keeps the name. Its is not fair if the poeple that were on the losing server get outvoted in other alliances or other serverstuff with the reaons like " oh remember we are woodman ur are just miller". As I told you guys in my earlier post merging is not assimilating.

If u are that concerned about not gettin any kind of reward than why doesnt SOE makes a decal for the winner.
  3. Ninave

Do not suggest Werner, it's already the name of the russian server. We can't have doubles.

But I too would like a new name instead of current ones, for the good of the new combined community.
  4. Rachitynowy

I won't respond to any personal insults you've done because I don't care about them much. Let focus on meritorcal part.

Merging process of community will happen with one name or another. Not sure how long do you play this game but Emerald merge is not first. There were servers like Lithcorp or Mallory. And their players didn't left this game after the merge. And there were no neutral names.

And i am not making false statement of Europe because i live and travel across it. Moreover i travel to other continents as well. Maybe not so often, hadn't lived there so i will not pose bold statements about them. But my kindergarden schooltrips gave me some POV but it is very subjective.
    And actually you quite prove my point by saying people will bear a defeat but won't bear playing under other name. Then our concept of bearing things are quite different. You can bear the defeat but not the consequences? This is exactly what my point is.

About pride and guts. I have, you don't? I mean, is it something wrong to have pride in yourself, in your servermates? I know many good players and i believe they can fight splendidly. And i can keep the pace as well because i fought against them. And since i am 4th factionner i know that other servers can be prideful too. This will not be a battle of tiger and bunny. But i believe i will win nonetheless. Exactly insecurity is something i do despise. It is negative you know? Or European philosophy had done some twist and now insecurity is virtue and pride is vice? I don't know, my kindergarden is far from the world.
    And yes, i will abide rules set by SOE and ServerReps. I am comfortable with them. Jaeger is good move to reduce drama to zero. Organisation and transmission give this event more importance. This is wrong as well?

And the last which i will cite again
    You really think so lowly about player base? I assure you that most of the serious outfit reps are on my kindergarden level(****, i am even one of such reps so take me as first line source) and are looking forward to merge. Making contacts even now with outfits from other server. Only someone below even my level( embrion, maybe) would really do something like that. And of course there will be some trolls that will be drunk with winning but they were active even during first season os SS and talking **** on reddits.

Don't want it. After outfit decal i have everything i want. I bear my outfit decal with pride. And actually i don't want to winning server to get any advantage. This would be exactly not fair since such prize was not announced before. I want something i signed for. And something my enemy(and soon to be ally) had sign for. That is all. Don't want decals, helmets, camos or tons of SC.
  5. Justicia

It's not my personal idea, but a discussion between the entire Server Smash staff and SOE. You can be sure that some of the staff have plenty of experience with CommClash and PAL, we know about the limitations of Jaeger and the account system.

I cannot answer why we can't create characters. That's a question for SOE, not us.

I'd like you to compare Jaeger to the PTS for events such as Server Smash and see what the differences are.

Pretty much the only negative point of Jaeger, at least at the moment, is that we cannot name our own characters.

PTS, however, has no control of players, no control of territory, no API access, no access to management.

If you have an argument why the PTS would be better than Jaeger you are free to make an argument. As it is, the choice of Jaeger is miles better than the choice for PTS, and it the inconvenience of character naming is the only thing we have to consider as a negative effect then I don't think you have an idea of the headaches that organising an event of this scale on a 'public' test server involves.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lanfeix

To me "winner keep name" stop it being a merger and instead makes it that the losing server is just cattle for the winning server to farm off.
  7. Strikejk

New Server name suggestion: Wolfman
    Reason:
    1. It sounds awesome
    2. It is the name of Marv Wolfman the writer of the Planetside 2 lore
    3. I have 3 reasons.
  8. zeGambling

@ the gentleman with the fake guts and good intentions

U know what since your heads are full of ur self that jaegers is so good and that u dont want any rewards but the naming convention is ok its kind of senseless to continue the dicussing with you.
    Poeple will cry about the generic names what means they wont be able to play to their full potential. Poeple will cry about the naming convention what will slow down the integration process. U are accepting to give troll ammunition for years to speculate on what would have happened if. U dont seem to care about that. From what lve at least one of u is a serverrep and I thought u have to be neutral so gg on that. Not that ur not neutral u are playing on the side of SOE. Most posters in here said that another name for the new server would be good. You dont seem to represent your the players u seem represent SOE. So at this point everybody should simply ignore what justicia and richitynowy have to say.
  9. trichome

Allowing the winner of the merger smash to pick the name stinks as an idea and is sure to generate nothing but bad blood between both servers, hell even the most recent SS between both has left a bad taste in some woodman players after the smack talk at the end of it by miller players. This will be 1000 times worse with the merger smash.
  10. zeGambling

Letting the winner decide would be at least somekind of progress. SOE just says winner keeps the name.
  11. Rachitynowy

Why do not continue? This is a discussion. And i really wait for counterarguments.

Jeager is the response(ideal one) to any speculations about cheating that were present during SS. At least it will be fair now. I may not feel good with no individual names since i really liked to know who the "Bob" during the match but it is acceptable. At least outfit tag stays which is nice. I am fully on the side of Justicia here. Minor inconvenience for major advantage.

Trolls will have ammunition anyway. You think there will be no troll on the ...idk..."Wiener" server? They will always boast how you are worse and i am better. Even without SS there was something like that. And there will be.

And what with this playing on the SOE side? SOE side, really? You consider them some kind of daemons? And neutrality means that he should support your POV? What? Change the way of your argumentation because you lost any sense now.
    And this callout to ignore? Seriously? Because what? There might be good arguments? There may be, tfu god save, reason? :D

I don't usually think highly of forumsiders but i was called out here because i heard that whiners are messing around. I know SOE is open to players views so i just wanted to give counter to this. Remember this, you do not represent noone apart from yourself.
  12. zeGambling

Being neutral means not going into this dicussion. So it would be a fail either way if u would be on the side of SOEs terms or if you would agree with me. Maybe you should come to suisse sometimes since you have been arround all europe and know the majority of european mindsets as u stated. You guys should not write anything about this topic. My serverreps have told us that if find that namingconvetion stupid , they cant do something about it, so we have to deal with. So maybe my reps lied (what wouldnt be problem cuz I dont like them) or u dont know what "cant do something about it". Once u posted ur opinoin into the forum u did something about it, so get u facts right Jon Snow.

Im not saying having a private server to do the whole thing is bad. I never said that. So get your facts right Jon Snow². "Knowing where Bob is" is in fact really important if your squad does not consist of exachangable puppies. I know the poeple I play with its important to not having to ask them where they are and I have lived through the struggle of being a leader on Jaegers. Since this should be an allout battle I rather have the possibility to lead and play as good as possible than just being able to filter our ******* that dont have respect for the ServerSmash. Btw do you really think that its impossible to cheat on Jaegers? Jon Snow³.

Appart from that you only represent Justicia. I know that there is whole outfit having the same mindset as I do and I know lots of other players that dislike these terms of ther ServerSmash as well. Some might be as radical as me, becuase they never played on Jaegers but look up the forums and you'll that the majority of people that care dont like the "winner keeps the name" nonsense.

SOE does not respect the input of players. Infact they made the entire Enclave leave the game because of not listening to the community.

Putting up too many question tags could be misinterpreted as some sort of rage. So poeple could misjudge you and think that your guts are not that big actually.
  13. Rachitynowy

Rhetorical questions still needs the mark :D But i must admit that this way it looks quite provoking because i abused it

Jaeger is quite safe. It may not be 100% fool proof but it is the best we have. And i do regret i will not recognize nicks. Still think Jeager is best way.
    I must admit that i do suspect why they give precreated characters. Maybe they have some kind of ID segregation based on ... something. And they can realtime scan if someone is cheating like moving faster than game allows or shoots 100% headshots with T7. Maybe their filtering program requires some kind of prework to be done. I don't know. But i do accept it.

I do not represent Justicia. He didn't approved my statements(at least yet) but i approve his. I could assume that i represent many guys o my server, i've talked with them. But it is not true. There is vast group of players i do not have contact with, who play, don't go to forums and reddit. Nobody can represent them. Is it justified to not consider their views? I think that choice made by only the loudest is not very good for the game. Even the poll among players(not that SOE would do this) is not fair. I have 2 accounts and possibly could manipulate the score.
    The only way then is to decided it on pure luck. With random machine choosing from random dictionary.

I won't argue that SOE might have made strange decisions. I do not want to argue over it. But MergerSmash with name of the server at stake is for me good decision. It gives some difference. Something lively. And hell this game needs some life. Something to fight for.

I am not ServerRep. But i do not understand why the serverreps cant just post their views.
    SOE stated that we cannot change naming convention. Be all know that SOE can be easily influenced. In majority cases i regard is as good thing.
  14. @tak_2

I do not think the new name should be decided by the winner of Merger Smash. By all means use the Merger Smash as a competitive but friendly game celebrating the end of Miller and Woodman.

The new name should be something neutral to encourage the merge and so no-one harbours resentment. Then we can all go forward with a fresh server, a combination of Miller and Woodman that can be stronger than the individual servers.

A poster above said that "Werner" is already a russian server so it does not seem wise to go for that name.

I believe "Woodmill" would be nice as it reflects both of the servers that will make up the new server.

So I would suggest to Miller and Woodman outfit leaders, whomever wins the Merger Smash go with a neutral name like "Woodmill" to encourage a friendly attitude starting the new server.
  15. Bobbossa

Stop being wimps, who cares about some stupid "fare" way of deciding the name. This is a game and games are usually about fun. The fun way of deciding the new name of the server is by fighting over it in glorious combat so lets do that.

If you think about it the merger smash is fairer than any of your dumb "let's start a fresh and fair community where everyone is nice to each other and gives out flowers to the enemy factions instead of bullets" nonsense. Your method involves names being picked by a counsel no one elected and then we pick from the rubbish you have decided we should vote on. The Merger smash way means that we get to decide the name based on our individual skill and teamwork. You want to keep your server name for the new server, then fight harder.
  16. zeGambling

1. Regarding the match

I wont repeat myself over and over again. If u wanna have nice gamplay and settle things on your own go on the test server. If u want that big brother is watching you and limiting you go to jaegers. I know that sounds like nc now^^ but I choose freedom.

2. Regarding the name

Dont call it Woodman or Miller. Dont start the merge by injecting poisen into a new thing that will be a community one time. Its will just slow down the process.

3. Reagarding both somewhat

I can give u mutlple social experiments as example that have shown that intrisic motivations are a better stimulus for basicly everything than a extrinsic motivations. So just to break it down: The "winner keeps the name thing" is nothing more than a extrinsic short time motivation to step up the game. While being able to vote for a name "even just for the winning faction" being able to vote for the server we play ( i know these votes can be faked) are factors that promote individuality which leads together with other factors to a state of feeling comfortable and being integrated = not leaving the game so fast because of obvious development flaws. So to make it clear: Im really not scared of losing or bearing the consequences because both names dont sound bad. Its just that we will build up a community on a poisened fundament. This cant be right.
  17. RadarX

We've talked here and we are giving the server name to the winning server. This will be the name they currently have. A lot of people want a lot of different names and providing a fair avenue of deciding that just isn't really feasible. We certainly don't expect this will make everyone happy, but it's probably the most fair way to decide this.

Also let's get this in a more constructive direction. A few of you will be hearing from a moderator.
    • Up x 2
  18. Plunutsud pls

Why is the naming policy different this time?

Mattherson and Waterson became Emerald.
    • Up x 1
  19. zeGambling

Matherson and Waterson had draw. I guess this is the reason why poeple think it would be cool to have a different name than woodma or miller or cobalt or ceres.

I know its probably wrong to go head on with a mod but I dont care.
    Let the server reps be elected and let them decide ( winners i guess) what will be the name.
    By the statement u just made u underline that SOE doesnt care about the demands of their costumers and that u dont think about the social fudament of the new servers. Pls look up the forums and the subreddits u will the that most people are up for the idea of a totally new name. According to your post u havent done that yet.
    • Up x 1
  20. Plunutsud pls

That's not true, they decided to name it Emerald even before the Merger Smash started.