Server Maintenance for Hotfix July 2nd

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotthar

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. DatVanuMan

SURE, LET US GIVE newbies F**KING LEVEL 5 NANOWEAVE. Because logic, right?
  3. 1Fuzzy

Afraid to get killed by newbies with the same equip that you have? ;)

Not that i'd support the idea of having armor/ability upgrades for SC.
  4. DatVanuMan

Oh, man! We're all screwed now, and there's nothing we can do about it! D:>
  5. MonarchX

P2W is a horrible concept, even for a free game. Why not charge everyone a small monthly fee of up to $10 and obliterate all that P2W crap? Even a one-time payment would be fair than dealing with this P2W crap... Bah!! I understand if P2W perks were mostly appearance-based items or something convenience-based, but when you start giving out resources and exp. to those who pay then it defeats the whole idea of a "F2P" game. In fact, it is FAR FAR FAR worse than P2P because you hide behind "F2P" knowing that in reality its P2W. You also ask for a LOT than $60, which is the usual one-time payment. You literally can go all out and waste hundreds of dollars to get the best stuff in the game and have a considerable advantage. You can't even assess whether it is your weak weapons and the fact that you are a F2P player that makes you suck OR you actually suck. Now you may say "You just suck" but then why have all the P2W stuff? How much better would you be if you had all the money in the world and buy everything it is possible to buy?

On top of that add the fact that the game is highly un-optimized in terms of performance, has incredibly outdated graphics, and requires you to dedicate a ton of your time playing it to get anywhere at all...
  6. thehumanslayer12

Ok, so I am starting to have the same problem... here's my Specs (BUT after the game turning off, I turned it back on and it launched)

Windows 8.1 x64 (64-bit OS/x64 Processor)
    AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics @ 3.4 GHz (4.2 GHz with AMD Turbo Boost Technology)
    AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7660D Chipset Series @ OverClocked Speed of 1600 MHz, 512 MB of DDR3 Memory @ 800 MHz
    8 GB RAM (x2 DDR3 SDRAM 4 GB RAM Cards, @ 800 MHz each = @ 1600 MHz)

One thing CHECK IT PEOPLE! A CHIPSET is RUNNING Planetside 2 :D
    Another is, I just restarted the game and it launched, guess it's just a small bug idk. Gl all!
  7. Mytwyt

Ever notice those who Claim P2W are those who generally pay nothing at all ?

The whole concept of paying for something is to get it immediately. That's why its Pay for Access (P4A).

If the game was free without a paying option it wouldn't be so good. Those of you who don't pay but love the game should have some gratitude towards those who do pay. Paying members contribute to the development of this game directly with our funds.

You can still have access to everything without paying and have the same ability to kill those who pay. SO what are you complaining about then ? You think SOE should change this to give so they can give an advantage to the non paying members? That makes no sense at all. Ill let you in on a secret. SOE wants you to P4A.

If you don't like the way Sony handles the F2P aspect of this game then go play something else that strictly F2P. I'm sure you will be disappointed with you find.
  8. Kirppu1

Nah, they want to have Mtn dew ad on their guns so they are reminded of their best game. Halo 4 and CoD
    • Up x 1
  9. Mytwyt

I think SOE is very nice to not do that to them. They should.

I7 4820k @ 4.5gh 1.372v (57-60C @ full load)
    16GB Corsair Dominator Ram @ 2133
    Samsung 850 Pro 128 GB x2 Raid 0
    EVGA 680GTX 4GB Reference (53C @ full load) w/ Evga waterblock/backplate
    EVGA x79 Dark MB
    Dell 30 inch monitor @2560x1600
    Logitech 710+ mechanical Keyboard
    Logitech G700s Mouse wireless
    Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat
    Windows 8.1 Pro WMC
    Turtle Beach PX5 wireless surround headset
    Blue Snow Mic
    Cooler Master HAF XB EVO cube case (modified)
    MB CPU GPU Water-cooled with Koolance, XSPC, and Swiftech Products
  10. Yeahy

"All weapons that have a second advance variant of forward grips or laser sights have been condensed down into a single attachment unlock. All certification points that have been spent on these attachments have been refunded."

So this means that its a direct 200 for adv attatchments?
    I bought a regular laser sight for my pdw. I am a bit foggy about my cert count as I have not played for a few days but I do not believe that I have gotten my 100 certs from the laser sight.

Is there any way for somebody to check? I don't really want to make a ticket but I will if it comes down to it.
  11. Yeahy

I can't edit my above post but on second thought I don't even care.
  12. SashsaACIII

13. SashsaACIII

14. Tarriom

Yeah..I really don't like the idea of being able to buy weapon attachments with SC. I understand that you guys need to make money, and I have no problem with a cash shop, but when you started with the implants and now with this, I really don't like where this is going.

PS2 is the only FTP game that I've really stuck with for any amount of time, part of the reason for this, is because of how the in game purchases were handled. I really hope it doesn't continue to go P2W..that would really be unfortunate and disappointing.

By the way, I have almost all the attachments I need, so this comment is not because I feel that I won't have an edge on people because they spend real money, its more about wanting the game to continue in a good direction.
  15. randomtree1

so i play on woodman server and as far as i am considered planetside is has died population is so low even at primetime we can't fill up one cont, and its all the same fights and same people doing the same things. Last night i went on emerald for a couple of hours, 3 conts unlocked almost all the time there while woodman only had 1 25-48 fight. needless to say it felt like PLANETSIDE again, awesome love it, So i am here to ask soe PLEASE MERGE THE EU SERVERS ITO 2 SERVERS it will bring the game back to where it should be and the game i love, untill then i am going to play on emerald (adding to woodmans problem) hopefully something will get done... please
  16. Who Garou

Do I really need to fly that flag?
    I'll see if I can turn it on somewhere.
    ---edit
    So that looks like it's turned on now.
    Honestly, I'm about not flying the flags. I do not appreciate elitism in gaming.
    We are all here to have fun. I think good sportsmanship is good for gaming.
    But I'm/was also a member of the Gamer Advisory Panel for the PlayStation. I have no idea if that is still active or not. I only did a minor about of interaction on the related website. I regret not having more input in that forum.

But yeah, I'm an All Access member as you see. I fact I bought it when it was on sale and stacked it on my existing year subscription - yeah, buying by the year for the discount. I get 500 SOE per month so that's 6000 per year, right?

So it's not like I don't admit that I am paying to win in this game because get bonuses for subscribing to the game.
    The game calls itself a F2P. Free-to-play. If Free-to-play is the actual level of the game, then purchasing gear with SOE or gaining XP bonuses and what not are definitely P2W features.

One of the definitive signs to me of a P2W game is that when there is a subscription price there are items in the marketplace that subscribers don't have free access to that increase your abilities or XP in game. Yes. I think subscribers should have full access to the highest level content. They are subscribing after all.

The market place is really a money grab, pure and simple. It relies upon low impulse control to nickel and dime players for playing a Free-to-play game.
  17. TDawg302

I don't understand. Why do people argue that it is P2W? You can A: Buy the gun with BC or B: Buy save up for a few hours and buy it with certs. It's the same gun. Does the same thing. The only downside to buying it with BC is that it costs around 5 USD so hell, if you wanna pay that and just buy the same gun EVERYONE else has then be my guest. And yes, i think there should be boosted resource and cert gain for members. After all they do pay 15 more a month.

I played this game for a year on PC without spending a dime. Now i'm on the PS4 and i decided that it would be nice to buy a 3 month membership and a 6-month boost. I dropped 60 bucks and honestly it is the same exact game I played before. I just make certs faster is all. And no, I didn't just buy the membership because i want the level faster. I also love this game and I want to support it's growth. This game is only going to die if you all allow it to. The players decide if it lives or dies. I want it to live.
  18. Webbyx01

Have you ever successfully quoted or wrote out a message? And what was the point of bringing up this thread from a year ago?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.