I have the Jaguar, which class would be the best for me?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Luminiouscow, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Luminiouscow

When using the Jaguar, I usually play in the Light Assault class. I'm wondering if the weapon is better suited for the engineer class. What do you guys think?
  2. Iridar51

There's nothing "engineery" about TR carbine selection. Well maybe Lynx could use infinite ammo, as it's a bit spammy.

Jaguar sits very well on LA, who can take full advantage of its traits.
  3. Vosrash

If your not using a battle rifle on the terran engi you might as well just use it to help push along the carbine your LA is currently using towards auraxium. for me that is the stock trac.
  4. Redwave

I own the LC3 Jaguar and will only recommend it for the Light Assault class, here's why? The weapon's damage really shines the closer you are to your target and you are mostly by yourself, flanking. The farther your target is from you the lower the damage (obviously). In this CQC case you cannot use it as an Engie. I would recommend something more long range and with a bit more damage over distance: TRAC-5 S, HC1 Cougar, T5 AMC because you will not be fighting CQC that much as an Engie if you are repairing a max and sticking with the group giving them ammo. By the way I use 1x reflex sight, adv laser, spa, and suppressor on my Jaguar and the only complaint I have is that all TR carbines suppressed sounds like you're throwing pebbles at an effin lake.
  5. Iridar51

Erm what? TRAC 5S and T5 AMC have the same damage model as the Jaguar: 143 @ 10m - 112 @ 60m, unless you assume using the HVA on TRAC 5S / T5 AMC. Or are you talking about accuracy?
  6. Redwave

Yeah that's what I meant, the Jaguar is less accurate than the TRAC-5 and T5 AMC (at least for me)
  7. reydelchicken

I'd say you stick to LA, since as engie you don't have as many escape tools.

Usually on engies you want longer range weapons so you can shoot at enemies from far away, and use your turret to soak up pretty much all damage coming your way at range.
  8. MorganM

I think you're going about it all wrong. Jag is a fine choice for any class if you are engaging people close range
    1x reflex and IRNV optics only; if you feel the need for 2x or greater you need a different gun
    hip fires like an SMG after you get the laser site

TRAC 5 is good out to medium range
    1x, 2x, and IRNV
    forward grip mandatory
    hipfire sucks; always ADS unless you get jumped at point blank range
    supressor is a nice option especially for LA

FA1 Barrage is your point blank choice. Should have got it free from the questionaire. Use for every class, usally when defending A point in a tower or similar tight situations.
    1x reflex and IRNV
    extended mag