Galaxy Rammers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrMackey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MrMackey

when have you seen game developers use logic in game design.. that was more of a real life point. highlighting the fact that ESFs do NO damage. there should at least be SOME balance between RL and Fantasy.
  2. Edenwolf

3. daniel696

Galaxy Kamikaze is a art my friend, art of cinematographic death.
  4. MrMackey

cloud the issue with personal attacks like "your just bad thats your problem" and you'll get it right back.. or do you need it spelled out in big bold crayon to understand..

and there is the problem.. how does the game decide who did the ramming. which is why ESFs, however little damage they do. should ALWAYS do damage to whatever they hit, or whatever hits them. is that not the only Fair way? and i understand the lag aspect. i also understand that alot of that "late" damage comes from the wreckage of the dead aircraft. all that still doesnt answer why ESF ram damage was nerfed in the first place.
  5. DFDelta

Galaxies ramming ESF and libs is fine. It is slow and cumbersome enough that you dance around them as long as you want.
    I actually do think that ESF should do no damage at all when hitting gals, but i can also live with the limited damage ESF do now.
    Any more damage would be annoying.

The only problem I see is galaxies going all super mario on tanks, but that will usually also kill the gal.
  6. MrMackey

ESF ramming gals isnt a legit tactic to kill a gal but its a legit tactic for gal to ram esf. double standard there. so if my intentional ram doesnt even do damage to you why should your intentional ram kill me?

lol so once again. if no one was worried about the little damage from a ramming ESF why was it nerfed?! all i want is guarantee that Gals and libs take damage when ramming or being rammed. and as long as ESFs have no ram damage there is no guarantee.. is there.
  7. Scr1nRusher

someone on forumside is actually raging about galaxies ramming ESF's.......

knowing forumside going by how tanks and rockets are getting changed Expect galaxies to get nerfed........

thanks forumside....... really thanks alot for destroying the game over and over.
  8. Champagon

incoming nerf for gals
  9. EGuardian1

Because you're riding the equivalent of a mountain bike to the Galaxy's heavy pickup truck.

DO you have ANY idea how hard it is for a Gal to ram an ESF that has any skill? Even Liberators can be faster - here's a vid where i somehow managed to get a few ram kills and guess what, it ends with my Galaxy dying.

• Up x 2
  10. MichaelS

Yes, that ramming is really a shame. I still wonder how I get those ESF almost every time. I mean, how can you expect such a plane simple stop in the air and waiting for the plane to crash. It's usually the ESF that crash into the GAL not the other way around.

Still voting for a real flight model for every plane and damage states :)
    • Up x 2
  11. MrMackey

ok .. i know this is hard for some of you. but just think of this on a fundamental level. that means your personal skills as a player aside. Gal rams Esf. Gal takes no damage. lets say gal takes Flak but still gets away..

ok now b4 esf nerf.. once again Gal rams Esf. Gal takes damage. Gal dies to Flak on its way out.

thats the kind of difference this makes. and really this is a tiny request and isnt a nerf on Gals. its Un-nerfing of the ESF..

if you want to talk Gal nerf. id say. Gals should be set on fire after 2 tank hits. libs after 1 tank hit. that would go a long way to making aircraft much more realistic in this game. but am i asking for that? no cause it would probly never happen.
  12. Epic High Five

Errr, I ram ESFs all the time and they always damage me. Not much, but they're little paper airplanes and I'm a glorious skywhale so that makes sense. But they definitely do hurt.

They also have the chance of hitting you a weird spot and flipping you over, generally resulting in blowing up on the ground

Also sometimes their debris wedges into your Gal somehow and instantly kills you, which is the most annoying of all
    • Up x 3
  13. MrMackey

i didnt see any damage from ESF rams. you died cause you flipped your Gal on top of a Lib. not one ESF did ram damage to you. so your video just proved my point and is an example of how Gals are being used.

so lets do this.. how about we nerf the Gal ram damage. so the Gal doesnt kill ESFs in that way. huh? i mean for real.. Galaxys arnt tanks. its an aircraft.. knock a wing off it and it would crash.. tho it would be realistic im not asking for all collisions to result in both aircraft dieing. just some ESF ram damage.. is that too much to ask for?
  14. EGuardian1

Actually it did damage, you can see the green go down from the tip of the nose towhee the wings start on my health indicator. That's why the Lancer that hit me immediately after seemed to do so much damage.

Not to mention he basically skipped across my bottom, I couldn't really understand why he didn't peel off but whatever, he literally faced off with a dump truck in a bike and it's no surprise he lost.

Your level of QQ amuses me. Refusal to see proof means THREAD OVER.
    • Up x 1
  15. FaLI3N

Almost every time you do this some random sends you a /tell about how amazing it looked. It is interesting uses of mechanics like these that keep people playing and having fun. Any aware tank can avoid you anyway, from memory you need to damage a MBT before you can do it to them and a lightning has no problems moving to the side a bit to throw your goomba stomp off.

Can you at least concede that an overwhelming majority of players disagree with you.
  16. NCDaniel

This. If you can't shoot from a distance, you shouldn't be piloting an ESF.
  17. DFDelta

Yeah, I have been on both sides of that.
    And I have also sent "lol, awesome"s to people who did it and received them myself. But being awesome doesn't make it right.
    I'm fine with gals killing Harassers and Flashes that way, Lightnings are kinda fine, too, but I don't like that they can do it to MBTs and sometimes even Sundies.
  18. FaLI3N

You need to damage them first as I previously stated. It isn't like it is an instant death out of nowhere. If a galaxy kills your MBT solo then that is purely down to user error.
    • Up x 1
  19. lawn gnome

OMG realistic flight physics would make most of the current "pilots" rage quit after they threw a fit.
    • Up x 1
  20. Sovereign533

:p fixed it for you :D
    • Up x 2