Server Maintenance for Game Update June 26th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Astartes82

Just got d/ced
  2. King Feraligatr

Yeah, we don't have Indar; but all the rest of the continents in PS2, the continents I listed, 3 Faction Sanctuaries, and some (broken) Caverns are in PS1. Admitably, with our low pops only one continent is fought on at a time, but still, we have more maps. (Also, Oshur isn't accessible regularly in PS1, it's a longish story).

Edit: PS2's maps are more detailed and more bases than PS1, but what is better is up to the individual.
  3. Arisso

worst patch ever SOE gz. continent lock? **** you!
    • Up x 2
  4. Dagonlives

just a heads up. There appears to be a tank turning bug (possibly all vehicles).
    • Up x 1
  5. fatcash

This still will only gives us 2 to play on we did have 3 and we were going to have 4 ? were do all the players go? a high pop = bad play if all go to just 1 as it happens to be the case a lot of the time with 3 open now there will only be 2 open
    is this SOE dropping server pop?
  6. Problem Officer

As someone who doesn't buy boosts... Now that it's starting to matter, do they affect score?
    That would make the outfit capture thing pretty worthless.
  7. oshirenshi

if I get lock off a content i was enjoying myself on I am more likely to just go play another game. I am color blind and some areas are just to hard for me to pick things out of the background.
    • Up x 2
  8. MarvinGardens

For me it's the opposite. Low pop = waste of time. If I wanted a 8 vs 8 or even a 32 on 32 I'd play Call of Duty or Battlefield. At least their maps are sized for it. I play Planetside for the massive battles, which we can't have if TR ghost caps Esamir, VS ghost caps Amerish, NC ghost caps Indar, and Hossin has only 50 players on it. I'd rather they lock all continents except for 1, unless that continent fills up, which they could then open new continents as they are needed. This would make the battle for the current continent that much more critical because if you let a faction lock it, they'll have the continent lock bonus for days rather than hours like it was before they implemented the lock system.

Then again, I haven't tried it out yet, I'll have to see if this consolidates the action like I hoped it would or not. I'm hoping it will, and I hope the server can handle it.
  9. xxSparkyxx

I find it fair that VS got a free continent locking. Way to go SOE.
  10. RuthlessMoose

Go to Settings, General, and select "invert reverse controls for vehicles" or something like that. Should feel normal after. No idea why this was changed in the first place...

When I logged onto Cobalt Earlier, both Esamir and Amerish with ghost capped and locked before most of the NC and VS logged on. Was a complete uphill struggle to regain territories to either dominate Hossin or Indar as there would be a zerg of battle tanks!
  11. Groupies

Cont lock is seriously the worst thing I've ever seen. Force everybody to play on two continents and fight continuous zerg battles? I really hope that wasn't the intended outcome.
    • Up x 3
  12. andy_m

Does anyone know what the latest little patch was for this morning?

As for the main patch... All appears to be good from my perspective.
  13. VALCHKYRIE

you didn't understood the purpose of continent locking...
    YES we had 3 continents but let's face it, if there wasn't any alert, esamir and amerish were just ghost continents...
    NOW we have 2 all the time: more people on each continent, the aim of locking one to get the bonus and go fight elsewhere, and HOSSIN removing the farm from indar, which is awesome because i was tired of playing there all the time..

actually you haven't understood the purpose of the game at all: the aim on planetside is BIG battles on BIG maps, that's what is happening with only 2 continents available: more people.
    • Up x 1
  14. KirthGersen

Lol please. Now It will be like that: once Indar and Hossin are locked, I will not play till one of them will be unlocked by ghostlocking of POOR-made Amerish/Esamir.
    Also about 2 well-made continents. Indar is wonderful, there's a lot of space for different infantry and vehicle tactics. Hossin looks more infantry-oriented and I don't like this, more versatility is always better than just OMG LOL JETPACK SHOTGUN DOMINATION.
  15. GruntZone360

I'm seeing to many negative posts . . . This is a really great patch! Everyone I was in a Platoon with yesterday loved it I kept hearing guys that recently came back and are loving it. No not just two continents are going to stay open all the time . . . My Platoon had to stop either the TR or NC for taking Esamir and Amerish we went with Amerish because we see them as a better threat then the NC on Connery . . . We could of lost Indar if we didn't stop one of them. (Yes, everything has better meaning and no Connery has a low pop but the GamePlay is still great in my terms) (I do love the glitch on Hossin when we Vanu capped a base it was still restricted xD)
  16. volth

No its the worst patch ever.
    • Up x 2
  17. KirthGersen

As far as I can see this patch at least made 4-days-in-game-BR-under-40-elite happy :D
  18. volth

On ceres both Indar and Amerish is locked by NC, none play on Esamir
  19. Badname707

Actually one of my favorite patches in a long time. Hossin is tons of fun, and it was nice to get off Indar for a bit. Kind of took the edge off the merge.
  20. Afeltman

No idea what you mean, only ever been continent specific alerts on Briggs. And how could there be 4 alerts? The game won't allow it.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]