Vanguard Nerf on PTS!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alarox, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Danath

Probably just testing for more blings in the store...
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

the art direction in this game is a mess [IMG]

SOE, please go take a look at how tanks should actually look like with camo applied before ruining something unnecessarily in this game

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Jaedrik

2 CAMOS WHEN
    • Up x 1
  4. gigastar

This reminds me of the Magrider camo changes that were supposed to pave the way for multiple vehicle camo patterns.
  5. Mezinov

You can't prove they aren't working on the ability to hack enemy infils.

Rage virus anyone?
  6. AssaultPig

ugh, the same ***-ugly high saturation blue that got foisted on the lightning finally makes its way to the vanguard.

If this actually is related to vehicle hacking then maybe it'd be okay, but implement it when vehicle hacking actually goes live, rather than making my tank ugly for no reason. That or actually give us the secondary camo options that were promised those many moons ago.
    • Up x 3
  7. HadesR

Well Knowing the console direction the game is going .. Maybe when you die you are automatically sent to H1Z1 as a Zombie :p
  8. Hajj Podge

The two camos update is going to just make everything look lame. Make it optional so you can choose to apply the second set of camo if you want it, and if you don't then you just don't equip any so your first choice still covers the entire tank. I can see the Magrider pulling off a really nifty look with two camos but that's about it. Cosmetics are pointless in general though. If this winds up being lame I'll just run the old default colors.

That said, these look ugly. It's bad enough Lightnings are 80% crayola colors now. Does everything have to be so cartoony?
    • Up x 2
  9. Flashtirade

Oh man, I can't wait for the two-camo update so I can put the same one in both slots.
    Why do people even think it's going to be a good thing? I'm almost certain that different camos would clash with each other and make the tank look worse unless they were fairly similar in style and color, and if they are similar then there's no real point.
    • Up x 5
  10. nonrg1

11. EliteEskimo

That's just Ugly, why ruin what people are satisfied with when it comes to cosmetics?
    • Up x 3
  12. Regpuppy

If T-ray or someone on the dev team would give us a CLEAR reason for these sorts of changes, I could at least understand their logic... or try to. But without some sort of context, other than the allusion to what I see as a pointless "dual-camo" system, I just don't see it.
    • Up x 1
  13. AshHill07

How does it look without a camo? Or with an actual camo (Not just a fancy paint job)?
  14. Ronin Oni

Faction Colors are being added to all vehicles because of vehicle hacking which is an end goal after they have a system where they can change colors on them.

Frankly, I'd rather have our sleek vehicles and no vehicle hacking, but that's just me.

Blame the whiny Infils who felt like they had nothing to do and wanted to ahck all those empty vehicles (cause there's SOOOO many empty vehicles :rolleyes: )
    • Up x 2
  15. Rhumald

NC color scheme addition/change was unecessary, but overall I like the change. The tighter texture means we'll see more of a camo, and it won't look all blotchy... The only problem here is that camo's are supposed to be repeating textures, and the demonstrated one doesn't repeat so well.

I like the addition of black parts/darker colors, makes us a bit stealthier at night time, more of a buff in that regards. I see where they're going with the new treads, I think. I'd wager that there's probably going to be a change in driving mechanics in the near future, to make the MBTs behave more like a real tank would when goin over hills at speed (they won't tilt forward so readily mid air), mening an overall better and funner driving experience. This requires a slight design change, the treads need some more shock absorbing potential. We'll likely see either the frame of the tank thin up a little, to expose more treads, or the tank itself jacked up a little, to support the tread depth. Either way, the end result is giving the chasis some ground clearance.

This could also be one big mistake, and I'm to be dissapointed.
  16. Brandmon

I don't mind and actually like it. Could use with some more stars and stripes too.

Hopefully though the textures are bugged. Don't look good at all.
  17. Canno

I dunno, I see a fair amount of empty vehicles...

after I shoot the guy that got out to repair it.
    • Up x 2
  18. NDroid

Ugh. The changed pattern is probably a bug (I hope..) but now you share our pain of having those super saturated color stripes regardless of camo. I remember the dev team saying something about creating two part camos to cover those areas as well but honesty I'd prefer a different solution to vehicle hacking when that is finally implemented.
  19. Regpuppy

Has this been confirmed or are you still going on the "maybe we've been discussing it, but it probably won't happen" from T-ray?
  20. danielpxp

Well even if this is for Vehicle Hacking.. Why the **** do the Vehicles need to be uglified 1 year before the uglified versions become useful... Like on the live Server.. We have those strange looking objects since months.. Nothing for vehicle hacking..

Now I could disable the Platoon Interface and say it is in preperation for the Platoon Improvements.. Just wait some months until they come out.