Vanguard Nerf on PTS!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alarox, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Alarox

Apparently the Vanguard looks too good. Here are some before/after images.

Side:
    [IMG]

Top:

[IMG]

Rear:

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  2. Alarox

Pros:
    -They removed the NC decal that overlapped with the cosmetic ones.

Cons:
    -The new treads/tracks/wheels look strange and sink into the ground.
    -The blue/orange stripes look ridiculous no matter what you do.
    -No camo coverage on the bottom half of the tank.
    -Strange black textures and blocks on the top of the tank.
    -The camo textures are now messy rather than sleek.
    • Up x 6
  3. Cirevam

It's not as bad as what happened to the Lightning, but I hope they don't put even more faction colors on the turret. I like my shiny tank and sometimes these texture changes make me regret buying camo at all :<

Edit: I noticed that the cosmetic armor you have there is probably covering up some of the blue stripes on the side. Do the stripes extend all the way to the front of the tank?
    • Up x 1
  4. OddChelsea

Well NC infils are still running around in lingerie. It's fairly clear that they don't care about style. :p
    • Up x 17
  5. ronjahn

Gross. Hopefully this is to prepare for the mythical "apply two camos" update?

The only way I would be happy with this is if the changes are for the sake of game performance.

Oh and is that the same camo? If so people deserve a refund on it.
    • Up x 4
  6. Pikachu

Oh f*** it has finally happened. The one still good looking vehicle is getting uglified. What is wrong with these people?
    • Up x 11
  7. Alarox

I run on 20-30fps on low settings. I'd rather play the game in style than get 1-2 more frames. If they uglify my tank then they will never hear the end of it.
    • Up x 4
  8. NinjaTurtle

I do think they should leave stuff that is getting no complaints alone
    • Up x 9
  9. OddChelsea

But how else will people be able to tell if that vanguard is NC or not?
    • Up x 3
  10. LodeTria

The camo itself seems to have been changed as well, it looks like it repeats now instead of one big design.
    Maybe they'll get around to that double camo thing, or vehicle hacking. Which reason did they say it was again?
  11. Codex561

It stood out too much. Brought into line.
    • Up x 6
  12. Mezinov

This looks like preparation for vehicle hacking and multiple camos.

Why do I say this?

The addition of the blue and yellow striping and identifiers on all sides provide areas that would visibly display a red/black or purple/teal coloration at medium distances. This is a similar change that the vehicles have all been receiving over the last few months.

The scaling for the camouflage was changed on the lower portion of the model, but not the upper portion. This could mean this is how they intend to divide the vehicle for multiple camos in the future; this also works to make the broad striping more defined at greater distances.

All that said, I do think the color change on the tanks butt looks very flat compared to the others; I hope it gets atleast some weathering or texturing.
    • Up x 2
  13. Revanmug

wut.

You know, there are people that are playing at slightly higher graphical setting than low. Said people are probably going to be very happy to know that their vanguard (the main body, the turret texture haven't change sadly) massive texture stretching, creating massively pixelated camo, has been fix.

If they can fix the turret section, I'll be extremly happy.
  14. Plunutsud pls

That's a nerf?

1st world problems indeed.
  15. Alarox

Not being okay with the uglification of my favorite vehicle puts me in the wrong?
    • Up x 4
  16. Plunutsud pls

Obviously not, but I was expecting something about a real stat nerf when I clicked on this thread.
  17. SpcFarlen

I actually think it looks better like that...
  18. HadesR

While that maybe true it's still no excuse for it to be done in an ugly way ..

Also keep in mind you can't hack NC Infi's and look how fugly the " Art " department made them ;)
    • Up x 3
  19. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  20. Paragon Exile

Was looking forwards to a real nerf, but alas...

Higby pls fix. No reason to give us LESS camo coverage.
    • Up x 2