Some Tank changes up on PTS (or soon to be)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sincore, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Sincore

2. DFDelta

My stance towards the tank changes were indifferent to favorable. Then I read this line:

Why?
    That the velocity and drop changes would be a nerf mainly to AV tanks was implied and the forumside tankers have already (somewhat) discussed this in Alarox thread. But I think this is the first time it gets outright stated.
    HE gets slightly buffed at the same time.
    Again. Why?
    Up until now I was under the impression that we want less shelling of spawns, and more tank on tank action...

Also, why are there direct Magrider nerfs in there now as well? I was under impression that Magrider was to remain unchanged going by the old notes, and that the only change for them would be the loss of their monopoly on a stabilized turret.
    • Up x 2
  3. Eskara

I am not normally one to complain about the mag, I just learn to cope with the changes and continue smashing faces. :)

However this time, its going way to far.

The other tanks get turret stabilzation which was one of the only redeeming qualities of the mag. Its also being forced into closer ranges where strafe doesnt work as well (the other MBTs can now use forward/reverse to strafe easier) and also where it suffers from lack of damage, armour and visibility. AND they decide to nerf the magriders speed?! Why?!?! There was absolutely nothing wrong with it compared to the other tanks. Now they are going to be able to reverse faster than the mag -.-

After all the comments from all players, not just VS about how the mag is going to get shafted and needs something extra, SOE decide to nerf it more, give the other faction MBTs its trait and add absolutely nothing to it.

Disgusted at the lack of thought that went into this and the lack of listening to the community in this instance. I seriously hope that SOE has something up their sleeve to rectify this. Especially before it goes to the live server!
    • Up x 4
  4. Mongychops

What I posted on the gameplay forums thread, with my opinion on the chassis change

Wait, what? OK, I take issue with these two lines, this one:

Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis.

and this one:
    • Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
      • It is still the slowest tank; it was just too slow.
    The Vanguard was not the slowest non racer tank, the Magrider was always the slowest non racer tank (Vanguard 55 kph, Magrider 50 kph). The issue for the Vanguard was its accelaration. I assumed the reason that Racer gave +15 kph for the Magrider was as a balance for the Rival strafe bonus (improving dodging), since rival chassis was a major advantage for the Magrider, compared to the other MBTs.

So, is the magrider getting a buff to 55 kph stock speed, same as the Vanguard? Or is Racer getting a nerf to 60 kph, making the Magrider officially the slowest; stock, rival, and racer chassis tank? If it is getting a speed nerf, I would like to know why.

Interesting they are nerfing Magrider HE, and buffing Prowler HE (Vanguard HE deserves a buff I guess). I can only assume it is a proxy PPA nerf.

Halberd gravity nerf is a proxy Saron buff for long range, I guess.
  5. PWGuy93

I simply would appreciate some insight from the devs on what impact they hope they modifications will make to the game.
    Some kind of confirmation that what we're playing and what they developing have some of the same generalized goals.
  6. lothbrook

The nerfing of magrider racer seems odd given they're giving the other tanks stabilized turrets, nice to see the VG is finally getting an acceleration buff, i do the gear shifting so it won't change much, but when i am being lazy i'm just amazed at how long it takes just holding down W to get to top speed, even with racer, lol.
    • Up x 1
  7. Klypto

Well, that want tanks to move up and shoot each other instead of taking pot shots at long range.
  8. lothbrook

This part actually confuses me greatly, you'll have to get closer to the zerg to destroy tanks, and getting closer to the zerg means getting closer to infantry, meaning you're going to die, lol.
  9. FBVanu

Just posted back to RadarX.. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...liberator-changes.189062/page-62#post-2748785

their statement is confusing me. Anti Tank weaponry will get their range reduced?
    or Anti Tank weapons, AND tank cannons will get their range reduced? is there a difference, or does SOE mean something else?

If tanks get their range reduced,. by how much?

All the posts we put up were NOT taken into consideration, apparently... even after RadarX said they like our input. Well, it looks like it was all for nothing.

The nerf hammer is coming down, hard..

Instead of just doing one of the three, maybe reduce shell velocity.. that should have been enough.. do that, then take a look at how it effected the game.. then SOE can still reduce the range.. later.. but now, we even get more drop, on top of all the others? Very confusing.

can somebody please try to spell this out, (not too much math.. please..LOL ).. and post what the new nerfs will end up doing to HE, AP and HEAT ?

thx.
  10. lothbrook

I love that we finally got the AV mana turret nerf only to have tanks range nerfed shortly after, might be right back in the same boat trying to hit that turret with a mortar round at 400m, lol.
    • Up x 5
  11. Alarox

Enforcer ML85
    • We’re bringing the range of this weapon down to better differentiate it from the Halberd. The Halberd has a range advantage, the Enforcer has a damage advantage.
    • Direct Hit damage increased from 500 to 550 (Tank version only)
    • No longer has acceleration mechanics
    • Projectile no longer accelerates up to 300 meters per second
    • Launch speed increased from 200 to 230
    • Gravity increased from 3.5 to 5
    Pros:
    No more acceleration.
    10% More damage output

Cons:
    43% more drop.
    Huge velocity reduction.

My favorite weapon in this game is the Enforcer. After this update, guess which weapon I should be using? The Halberd. Why? Because DPS is pointless if I can't hit things. I want to be able to hit things from far away. The only reason I'll still use the Enforcer is if I'm skilled enough to fight effectively with more than 43% more drop and far less velocity. I really don't know if I am.

----------------

Everything else: I see none of our feedback has altered their plans at this time. If they want to make tank warfare more enjoyable, then they ought to take opinions from people who actually use tanks. And what are we saying? Thanks for stabilization, but the reverse speed increases will have adverse effects and decreasing effective range is literally the last thing they should be doing.
    • Up x 5
  12. Klypto

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  13. Frozen-K

Hooray stabilization. Too bad they're nerfing everything else about tanks. Have the devs actually driven one for more than a couple hours, or are they just a bunch of infantry spammers? I'm guessing the latter.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jeralamo

• Tank primary turrets are now stabilized. (Their elevation will not move with chassis elevation changes, unless it hits the upper or lower constraint)
    • Tank reverse speed and acceleration is now identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration
    • Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis.
    • Gravity on all primary cannon tank shells is being increased from 4 to 5
    • Lightning / Magrider HE projectile speed is being reduced from 175 to 170
    • Prowler HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 185
    • Vanguard HE projectile speed is being increased from 175 to 200
    • Enforcer ML85: Direct Hit damage increased from 500 to 550 (Tank version only)
    Is this the **** Magriders patch????

EDIT: wheres the coyotes RoF and reload speed nerf? I dont see it. Did you forget to put it in the patch notes?
  15. FBVanu

I second the 'hooray'... oh, no wait, turret stabilization doesn't do you any good, if our tank shells can't reach the target, take forever to get there, or just fall into the ground, due to insanity gravity...
    still waiting for someone to do the math and tell us how far we will be able to shoot after these nerfs..

Is the increase in HE shell velocity even making a difference? doesn't it just hit the ground faster with more drop? Can somebody please do the math?:confused:

thx.
    • Up x 1
  16. Klypto

I think I will go 100% HE only after the patch.

I won't have to worry about AP tanks attacking me from range, so why not just farm infantry? I'm hoping to beat out Sinist.
  17. WTSherman

These velocity nerfs are ridiculous. All our tank weapons have already had ridiculously low velocity, but now they're nerfing it even more and increasing the drop to boot?

This is especially bad for the Enforcer because its current targeting reticule is not designed to compensate for drop at all. This means aiming with the damn thing requires a huge amount of guesswork unless I feel like drawing on my screen with a marker.

Not to mention that this will make our lack of self-leveling sights on the main guns even more annoying.
    • Up x 2
  18. FBVanu

never liked HE.... was useless against vehicles.. but now..
    I was thinking a similar direction.. .. since we have to get closer, (range reduction), where we are more prone to infantry fairies.. it makes sense to go spawn farming.. and when in danger, we now get more reverse speed.. to get away faster
    but we have to completely relearn how to aim.. so best to be up on a hill, to shoot down at the enemy..

Liberators will be ruling all battles now... since we can't shoot them anymore.. less range, more drop.. can't aim high with a tank turret.. they are going to have a party and laugh at our tanks..

our fault.. somehow we failed to make SOE hear us..... how did that happen?
  19. DFDelta

Some cynical little git in my head is shouting that this is the actual reason for the velocity/drop changes.
    SoE buffed the lib armor against tanks.
    We shouted for them to take it back.
    SoE took it back (or will take it back), but at the same time makes tanks physically unable to hit liberators.

This is all just petty revenge.
  20. Botji

Havent been on the forums that much, havent been in game that much either lately but I was happy when I saw that there were tank changes in the workings... then I read the Maggie changes and im suddenly happy that PS2 is slipping more and more from my mind and play schedule.

The remaining dev team has to be either completly insane, have no clue what they are doing or BOTH.

"Tank primary turrets are now stabilized. (Their elevation will not move with chassis elevation changes, unless it hits the upper or lower constraint)"

Indirect super nerf to the Magrider at the same time as its a huge buff to the other tanks, aka Magrider should get a huge buff to even have a chance.

"Tank reverse speed and acceleration is now identical to the tanks forward speed and acceleration.
    • Combat Chassis no longer improves reverse speed
    • Racer Chassis applies to forward and reverse evenly"
    Magrider has a max strafe speed of 15 and according to devs and a lot of players thats borderline OP as a buff to that is beyond wishfull thinking. Vanguards or Prowlers sliding around in ~55-60and stabilized turrets, thats just fine.

"Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
    • It is still the slowest tank; it was just too slow."
    See.... no.. just no, its not the slowest tank, you have no clue about your own game or the insanity just makes it true.

"Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis."

Devs hate the Magrider, I get it... the horse is dead, stop hitting it already. The gravity and velocity changes will also hit the Magrider and Lightning the hardest since slower velocity means its affected much faster by the gravity, current live Magrider shows this.

*Edit*
    Also: AIR SUPREMACY, I CHOOSE YOU!
    • Up x 2