Join the Discussion on Reddit! A Dome Shield Crusade

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Rentago

you do realize that the only way into the biolab is all bottlenecks? Like it isn't a spawn room, but it might as well be as the teleport camp boxes are no different, people just surround them and shoot anyone who tries to walk out, instead of teleporters being a point of access through people fighting their way and gaining control of the area, they are immediately given to the opposing force and they find out that because they haven't even made progress into the inside of the base it is nothing more than a room that gets everyone camped.

its poor design really, they should focus on making each base have ways to walk into, not rely on jump pads and teleporters, because what would normally be a fight for every step of the way and making progress, you are attempting to skip over what would be a fight for every inch of ground for control. Bases in planetside 2 have some of the worse design, because there is no real attacking and defending ever going on, its just camping and getting camped, you can't expect a base with no doors to actually stop soldiers from just walking in and over to the spawn room can you?

What makes teleporting or just jumping right into the base any better? What is the point of the vehicle room below when all that happens is it gets immediately surrounded anyways? Do they really think people will some how manage to push out or repel advances when things are designed to welcome everyone in?

But of course, they've taken steps to making bases better, I just wish they'd make more drastic changes instead of the band aids they keep putting onto what is already been closed as bad decisions. Camp rooms are bad, rewarding people less for killing people who just spawned will not stop people from keeping the enemy suppressed. Why would anyone the enemy walk out and put up a fight when were trying to take their base?

They put walls on them in esamir, redesigned bases in amerish, and in the end the spawn rooms and core base designs are pretty rubbish, a spawn room in the form of a box that can't be taken is bad, real bad, teleporters should have a thing where INSIDE the base it can be hacked to be used as a shortcut to get into the base if the enemy has pushed in far enough, or had infiltrators sneak in. Not something you just immediately get from farting around the outside. Jump pads shouldn't be the only way into a base, how do you fight on those? You don't! You camp them until either side is overwhelmed!

What about those gravity pads? Sure are way better than stairs right? Its better when there is no way to defend these things, no reason to need any defensive positions other than camping spawn rooms and spawn room like transportation devices.

Literally worst design, I will admit its fun to go on jump pads, but they completely ruin the game with the lack of reward and purpose they bring to the table.
    • Up x 1
  2. vincent-

Facility are fine to have these small and medium bases don't need this.
  3. Rentago

Because reddit sucks the cheese off anyone's dong, don't let them tell you otherwise, any criticism will be down voted into oblivion, any comment that isn't brown nosing will get you reported, it is a hug box at maximum overdrive, only thing there are compliments and everyone saying how good everything is regardless if its really bad. People bring up good points, reasonable people who know what they are talking about, and they get shot down immediately and covered up so no one sees it. A lot of developers go there for that reason, you don't see them going to something awful do you or what about those good ol' chaps at 4chan? Because they'd **** on them. It is the same thing with twitter or facebook, its very much controlled, imagine if companies tried doing what they do with facebook on instead myspace.

They won't respond to anyone unless its brown nosing, because its really all marketing I guess, gotta filter in only what they want to hear and people to see.

These forums are like an environment to let players vent and I don't think the developers ever bother going here, considering all they see is 100% complaints about how bad the game is, they just ignore this place and look for somewhere to give them compliments on what a wonderful job they are doing.

I've had posts removed multiple times, and a lot of them really had nothing wrong in them, I've take screen shots and reviewed my posts many times and wondered, how was this insulting? But then I realized, maybe its because I'm criticising their game and not complimenting them that posts get removed so frequently. it isn't like I'm not telling them solutions, and I am explaining why its bad, but now i come here to see everyone talk to eachother, look at the suggestion section and see the terrible suggestions. People want this game to be Mass Effect, people want this game to be Call of Duty, people want this game to be realistic, you know what I want?

I want a good game. A sequel that does planetside justice. You guys who want an existing game should just GO TO THAT EXISTING GAME. This is a mess veterans gotta clean up.

Developers enjoy being told they are always right, they like sheep, and reddit is that place to be if you want to be recognized for that by any decent person.
    • Up x 1
  4. TheFamilyGhost

"As long as it takes away some frustration"

I just don't get it. You want something taken away because it frustrates you. There's another word for frustration. Its called challenge.

What is it with gamers nowadays? Remove challenges instead of overcome them. Really?

We truly live in the dark ages of gaming.
  5. Torok

lol what a ****** point you're trying to make in a thread that talks about removing a nasty and negative feature from the game so that everyone can enjoy a better gameplay.

You should leave before humiliate yourself any further
    • Up x 1
  6. TheFamilyGhost

Combined arms is better gameplay, not removing the weapons that frighten you.

The only thing embarrassing me about being on this thread is the community as a whole. None of you are willing to face up to your challenges...you simply want them removed. I don't understand how you could be proud of that.
    • Up x 2
  7. Shadowsun

Having liberators spam shells at you and instagibbing you while you try to leave the spawn isn't neither challenge nor difficulty but dissapointment in a game that allows retrded game mechanics that waste your time and energy.

You just keep spamming useless comments for the sake of spamming useless comments.
    • Up x 2
  8. iller

Dome Shields are just BioLabs 2.0 ... no thanks.

A lot of Infantry(mainly snipers) and Tank enthusiasts also want OPEN FIELD line battles that are just as epic in "numbers" and persistence as Biolab fights without having to dedicate 1/2 their forces to Anti-Lib AA Discouragement. (which didn't mean any of them were actually being SHOT DOWN by the way, it just meant they had shorter fly-over windows)
    • Up x 3
  9. Tuco

I don't know why devs don't live here. Forumside is more fun than the game.
    • Up x 1
  10. maxkeiser

This. Some of the best battles in late beta/post launch were open field battles between Xeno-tech labs and crossroads watchtower. Hundreds of men, tanks, and aircraft all fighting together in the open.
    • Up x 2
  11. TheFamilyGhost

That used to happen to me. Until I figured out I was being camped.

Find somewhere else to spawn. Seriously, the ScourgeoftheServer made 57 levels on me alone with a lib at TI alloys back in the day...I know. In battles that matter, if air is controlling, then your team failed (because control of the air can influence a battle). What to do? Win the air next time. I suck at air, so I got a skyguard, and I think I'm pretty good.

You just keep spamming useless comments for the sake of spamming useless comments.[/quote]

Insult is the last refuge of an exhausted intellect.
  12. Torok

You're bad. You know why? Because this talk isn't about YOU, it's about Everyone in this game being denied by a cancer.
    Your newly appointed self-mentioning signature proves that you want to hide your problems as a gamer behind a general provocation that allows you to pretend you're better than others, but in fact it's just a state of mind, what we have here has nothing to do with your talk but once again, you won't come to middle terms so that's it, I'll leave you with your ego, this thread has done it's course days ago anyway, we had the answers we needed and it can be closed already for all it's worth at this point.

Yeah removing "weapons" not like the first thing I wrote in the reddit post is completely against what you just pointed at, stop twisting the truth for your own benefits, it's disgusting.
    Again more random points to try and justify your statement even though they have very little in common with the issue at hand but do make you look right, There is NO combined arms in Farming a spawnroom, shelling a capture point being defended by the one and only Unit able to stay inside of it, that being INFANTRY.
    You failed to open your eyes to this matter and probably to the game as a whole itself, from your previous posts aswell I do believe you've been playing since release and that makes things even worse as you really must be that kind of guy that thinks everyone is just bad and he's the one and only hero with the solution at hand and he's such a big shot he doesn't care what happens to the everyone else.

Here comes another random guy who didn't read half of the Walltext on reddit and yet yells his opinion lacking both knowledge and experience on the matter at hand.
    Congratz, you're the perfect exponent of the average playerbase.

It really is hard to promote any sensitive campaign with an audience such as players of f2p games trying to get past walls made of bias and prejudices.
    But luckily enough I'm not a SOE employee

Yes, open field fights have always been and still are the best experience gameplay for everyone, where combined arms truly works and doesn't hinder that much any of the three units, Infantry, Ground vehicles and Air ones.
    I still don't get it why we have to talk about this in this thread since Dome shields would only affect some bases that desperately needs more cover and small bits of the world.
    Also longer lasting battles would definetly make for some flow that would push in and out of bases across the open fields, something that doesn't happen at the moment because usually a big force rarely finds any obstacle in their advance.
    But then again, 60% of the users in this thread didn't read the Reddit post so it's no problem, it's not something that can be sensibilized through a forum post or reddit or whatever platform, that much I've learnt.
    It's up to SOE now.
  13. Kunavi

I think it's a bit too forced, and it doesn't look nice either. Can we stop applying band aid fixes and work out Base design from the ground up, then adding meaningfull Objectives which are NOT CopyPasta, plus some flow regulation?

If at that point a Dome is needed, it should be easy to make it a fun element to work with or against. Not just Hide-And-Seek around one more Generator.

Plus, knowing SOE the Generators for them will be 100M away from any cover, with a huge "PARK SUNDY HERE" sign and an ice cream stand.

Forgot to mention, if you can walk or land on them then I can see some VERY nasty opportunities to cause immense QQ. I can't be the only one who'd try to abuse this design no end.
    • Up x 1
  14. TheFamilyGhost

"You're Bad". Great way to start off.

There are no middle terms. This is a combined arms killing game. If there is a part of that mix that confounds you, you will be a better person to understand it and overcome it. That's what big boys do. Simply removing your tormentor is poor sportsmanship. By virtue of removing the things that add dimension to the game, does nothing for the growth of the game but make it a stagnant one-dimension and oft-repeated poor copy of an infantry shooter.

Ah, and then you dismiss me. Much like you dismiss the combined arms aspect of this game. I am in good company.

You are trying to dumb the game with a populist movement.

Then why do you allow yourself to be camped.

Yes there is indeed combined arms. A stubborn defender is best removed remotely.

Excuse me, your bias is showing.

Huh? Emotional much?

I do care. You know who doesn't? The guy that killed you. Just like you don't care about him. Get out of your one-dimensional mind. You're playing a combined arms game, and you will witness as many asymmetric encounters as you will enjoy. When you die, don't rage. Figure out what happened and how to avoid it.

When you die, pick yourself up and carry on. Be something you can be proud of- a gamer that take is and gives it; not a nerf warrior in the forums looking for hand-outs.
  15. LT_Latency

Dome shield won't work.

This just give the liberator more spots to hide while it heals. It's takes seconds for the liberator to kill it's targets and a LONG time to kill a liberator.

Being able to kill easily and escape to cover is what makes the liberator so strong
  16. Torok

So you're pro-farming, pro-camping, pro giving new players an horrible and least exciting experience with the game that'll make them quit before they even get to know half the gameplay of Planetside.
    You deny my points and you keep making me look like someone I'm definetly not, you step on my experience and hide behind the easy excuse of saying that this game is based on the "ideology" of combined arms, without even remotely giving a thought at what a Dome shield would be like in it's final build, and the effects it would have on the average gameplay, that being something that isn't permanent, isn't everywhere, might be connected to a generator giving more depth to the game and yet wouldn't in any way hinder any tank that isn't shelling from far away on higher ground, as it's just an aerial cupola and all that comes with it.

Truly you're too blind to see all of this, hell even a glimpse of it, you just see what it benefits you, the whole discussion with you was over around 5 pages ago, where I pulled-back from actually starting a talk with you, since there's really no positive outcome whatsoever for anyone by treating with your words, you bend the matter at your own will and alter the opinion of those that haven't the possibility to develop a viewpoint on their own.
    Good job on that, you would make a fine nationalistic politician.

1) They're working on that, Hossin looks quite advanced in this regard, I've been on the test server just a couple hours ago and it's definetly harder to spawncamp many if not almost all bases there, they're mostly on higher ground themselves and proteced by walls.
    2) Last time I heard they were talking about it being an AMP station related benefit, working on the bases with an active lattice link.
    3) How so? It's like being on top of the Biolab dome shield, how does that make for nasty opportunities?
    You're talking about Liberators stucking their belly gun? well that is something that everyone knows happens, ofcourse it would be sorted before any implementation.
  17. TheFamilyGhost

Yeah, I guess so. Those that like it will stay, be the best opponents, and also the best game ambassadors.

Who do I want to be associated with? People that want to win a hard contest, or quitters?

Ahh, so you want to take away the combined arms contribution that armor makes, and take air out of the equation totally.

Fascinating! No.

I don't expect to agree with you. I expect to make a stand for those that want combined arms gaming, and who enjoy the challenge. If people don't know gamers exist in this forum, they may think the nerf-warrior view represents the community. It does not.
  18. Torok

All I'll answer with to your hyperbolical post is:

You have a life and a family, yet you're wasting your sunday on a game's forum instead, one game for which you don't seem dedicated nor active enough to justify all that wasted effor you're putting until now, why don't you take your kid to the cinema or something instead?
    I for myself have all the time for trolls such as you since all I've planned on doing today is studying for an upcoming exam, guess I'll keep trying to save what's left of the human's reasoning in this thread and make it atleast look like somebody is actively trying to make some positive and productive feedback on the very forum they have so little faith in, and rightfully so after your scene.

Have a nice sunday, good sir.
  19. TheFamilyGhost

20. iller

It still happens right there from time to time on Connery... and also sometimes around Quartz ridge (but there's a lot less cover). But yeah like I implied originally, anytime it ends early; it's because several Libs or Podder+DrifingC4 LA's show up and instantly kill all the Tanks and Sundies reinforcing one side's back line. (or sometimes even both sides with the Air Zergs practically avoiding eachother just to get easier ground kills b/c so many "pilots" can't hit anything else in the air unless they're using Coyotes or Kamikazi'ing).