Vanguard AP vehicle gun is OP

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Navoletti, May 23, 2014.

1. Navoletti

well each time that you encounter in 1 vs 1 with other player nc with vanguard and this gun well.... not have chance...

vanguard have much advantage example shield regeneration,the tank with more resist damage and the most better gun with much damage...really i think is op versus others mbt,check in a prowler versus vanguard.
  2. Klypto

This is weird.

It's like saying the NC1 Gauss Rifle is OP because it has a higher damage number.
    • Up x 15
  3. Navoletti

you say this but it s true,vanguard is op compared with other mbt,need a balance.
  4. DevDevBooday

Lol Gauss rifle OP plz nerf.

OP's thread though is kinda pointless though.
    Titan AP is the only thing thats actually balanced.
    Titan HEAT is 'meh' and Titan HE is a joke.

At least with Prowlers and Maggies, any cannon we pull can be expected to do its job.
    • Up x 7
  5. TyranEndlos

I swear I just read a topic that was the complete opposite of this yesterday. It's like... the player base is full of... opinions... dear god!
    • Up x 7
  6. DashRendar

Only above average weapon the Vanguard ever had was the previous build of the Enforcer ML85. At that point you could go HE/ML85 and win a tank fight with the shield. Now that the ML85 and shield have been nerfed, you are downright LUCKY to win a tank fight with an AP/ML85/Halberd build. The Vanguard is UP even vs tanks now. It deserves a buff.
    • Up x 1
  7. minhalexus

I actually think that Prowlers have better main guns than Vanguard.

I wouldn't mind a trade, especially for the HEAT and HE.
    • Up x 1
  8. Latrodectus

[IMG]
    • Up x 15
  9. Aegie

Yet it is the least used, lowest scoring, shortest life span, lowest performing of the three.

Funny that.
    • Up x 8
  10. Aegie

There is something about this artwork that makes me feel I enjoy it too much.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ripster

The prowler main gun is much better than the vanguards. 2075 every 3.5 seconds for the vanguard, 2500 every 2.5 seconds on the prowler. That's w/out lockdown and including a .5 second re-aim time between shots. Not to mention that you'd be able to kill 2 infantry with those 2 shots every 2.5 seconds compared to the vanguards 1 every 3.5 seconds. With lockdown it's around 100% more dps than the vanguard. With more than 4 times the amount of infantry kills possible.
    • Up x 3
  12. Aesir

• Up x 2
  13. TriumphantJelly

Well... HE on a maggie is useless against everything but infantry (I know, that's how it should be) and yet PC (HEAT) is terribel vs tanks. But yeah, the vannie is terrible vs infantry
    !
  14. danielpxp

So much research before this thread was created.. And these arguments.. God they are so good. But what makes me believe this is true are these example with stats/facts and experience. I have to be dreaming, such constructive...
    • Up x 1
  15. Lord_Avatar

Not again...
    • Up x 2
  16. Frosty The Pyro

a 1/2 ap prowler with lockdown would beat a 1/2 AP vanguard with shield before the shield nerf. Now its not even a competition. If you are loosing with ap prowler vs ap vanguard, I suggest missing less shots.

the supernova PC is nigh identical in its anti tank powers as the titan 150 heat. when you compute the damage advantage of the titan to fire rate advantage of the supernova, the end result is the supernova has ~4 or 5% less dps. This is close enouph that which cannon kills faster depends on the target, as opposed to if comparing to the p2-120, which will always kill any target (except ESFs) faster than the supernova or titan-150 can. In ye olden days it computed to the PC being better against rear armors of lightnings and mbts and side armor of lightnings. Never actualy did the sunderer math. there will eventaly be a point after which the titans instantaneous damage will always be greater than the PCs, but because of how close their dps values are, that's relatively far out.

TLDR The difference between magrider heat and vanguard heat is quite small
  17. Flag

This is now an art thread.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  18. Aesir

You know what's more important? The first thread with the exact same topic, the exact same text copy pasted under a slightly different title, the exact same poster, but actually "constructive" feedback got locked, as you can see in my initial post in here ...

But the totally trolled thread get's moved into the Vehicle section from the General section ... what is this? Some sort of troll post dumping ground?
  19. Flag

Looks like it. As you know, this is -hardly- the first time.

Anyway, let's post more art work! Then we can justify locking it for having gone off rails. ;D
    (there's lots of pictures on images.google I think would be lewd enough to get people bans, and lock the thread ._. )
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  20. Aesir

I know ... I noticed it happening a couple of times, stuff that has to do with Vehicles, but was a pure toss of a thread already ... get's moved in here, to be dumped on even more ... and than probably never to be locked, because stuff in here can go so freaking off the rails before any mod will even care to do anything in this section ...

Why do you think I keep talking about the "Dark and Forgotten Realm of Vehicles"?

And on the art topic ... how about creating your own?

Here, the face of terror!

[IMG]

Dalton/Breaker Vanguard ...
    • Up x 4