Why do aircraft get to be anti-everything?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thpthpthp, May 19, 2014.

1. Merlock

If you want to insta gib air you should leave the game, it's much easier to kill air targets than vehicles. if you let your skyguard Tankbusted you're in a bad position, three skyguards are MORE than enough to kill one single lib.
  2. MarkAntony

I think you may have replied to the wrong person.....
  3. WarmasterRaptor

And sunderers too! :eek:

They would eat tank mines, C4, AV rounds and giggles because it tickles!

They would hunt down 2/2 AV specialized tanks and roflstomp them to oblivion!
    I mean, it's a 12/12 vehicle! it requires coordination and communication...
    • Up x 2
  4. Flag

A claim without proof (that daltons kill more ESFs than they kill other targets) has been made.
    So I have a hard time (as should everyone) believing this if those making the claim have no desire to back it up in any way.
  5. Merlock

Oh **** you're right I am sorry lol
  6. Gleerok

• Up x 2
  7. z1967

Unpopular opinion of the day:
    Default ESF gun should one clip Libs. Dedicated counters (Lib pilots have repeatedly stated that Air should counter Air) should obviously be effective at their job and I don't think waiting for you to catch on fire after pumping in 100-200 rounds of Nosegun qualifies as a counter weapon.
    • Up x 6
  8. Gleerok

Have I told you, Libbers, that you only show up when some specific thread is raining meteors down your practices? Do you even take active part into most threads related to your favorite aircraft, or do you just sporadically show up? I hope at some point that those stats become so spread out around in the forums that I won't be asked, one more time, to bring them up. This is like the 10th time. I'm not creating figures out of my mind.
    • Up x 2
  9. DevDevBooday

Yeah i dont know if I would say that 4 entire clips of default rotary (without missing even 1 bullet) would count as a 'counter' to Libs.
    If anyone doesnt believe us, try it in VR.
    • Up x 3
  10. Gleerok

In the meantime, as an ESF, try paying for a single evasive mistake; Tankbuster/Shredder 1 sec kill or Dalton OHK shell (y)
    • Up x 4
  11. Mxiter

Libs are already strong in terrible crews hands.
    Overperforming in average crews hand.
    Completely broken in Aces hands

It have a slightly higher skill floor than tanks (the pilot have to avoid obstacles) but the skill ceiling is way too high.
  12. Flag

Oh I'm a 'Libber' now? And here I thought I was an 'MBTer'.
    No matter.

At any rate, will you insist that it is a problem? I don't, and the ESF still has the inherent advantage over the Lib, which to me more than justifies the dalton's victim rankings.

Ok, then try, as an MBT, to make no mistakes except daring to even play one, and get killed. Don't even need to **** up to get owned.

Spoiled sky-knight.
  13. FaLI3N

Shush you filthy libber ;) I hit an ace lib crew 4 times in a row with Python AP today and was about to nail him again but some jerk magrider snuck up on me while I was in serious mode and ruined my moment.. :oops: If I saw someone nailing a lib that many times in a row I would let them be and kill them afterwards, even if they fail you had the chance to witness history being made.

Still more fun using stealth ESF to bring them a 3 C4 present though, jump off forumside and back into the game Flag. Try and suicide them, it's hilarious.
  14. Flag

No thanks, there are still certain parts of the overall game balance that is too far into the land of awful for me to want to play at the moment. Adding more Skyguards may help the symptoms, but the base problems are left untreated.
    Your example of nailing a lib 4 times is one of those problems they're "fixing" without actually dealing with the source of the problem.

Yes I am somewhat bitter at the whole situation.
  15. Levtech

Birds get to eat "everything" because they're closer to the top of the food chain. Same sort of thing here.
  16. Gleerok

Sorry for putting you into the class of Libber. I am, secondarily, a tank pilot. I suppose you are, secondarily, a Lib pilot? Or at least an ESF pilot? I don't think people should be pros to take a relevant part into this kind of discussion, but its good that you at least flew aircraft a bit, right?

I have 41 hours on the MBT, thats not an huge amount, but I've had some experiences with the Prowler and I know how devastating Libs are. But thats the whole point of Libs, they are supposed to be devastating versus Libs. Now being devastating versus lib and aircraft, thats ****** up.

No, ESFs don't have inherent advantage over Libs, but they should have. We need to shove clips and clips of bullets into them to die, and as much as they are not agile and very maneuverable, they are still well within the range of shooting ESFs down in seconds with its Anti-Tank adapted guns.
    • Up x 1
  17. FaLI3N

It can definitely be frustrating at times but it honing your aim against the libbers will eventually pay off.. maybe.

Cats eat birds.
    • Up x 5
  18. Flag

I am a driver/Pilot, with my fav. being the Magrider. Which is to say I drive or fly multi-crew vehicles (so rarely do I use the ESF).
    So mainly MBTer, secondary would be <insert remaining multi-crew vehicles here>.

Anyway, of all the issues in this game, the Lib-ESF, for all the implications it has to other parts of it is the least problematic. The ESF has the advantage, but is held back from destroying the Lib with impunity because of the risk of the Dalton/shredder.
    Is it a perfect interaction? No, but it's better than nothing, and it's a chance of turning the tables that has been flat out neutered, almost removed from ground vehicles when engaged by air.

So when people suggest that there's a different set of standards for Air and for Ground (vehicles), that's because there is.

With the dalton, you have the situation of where you're at risk when engaging, but you're not left unable to engage. Nor are you asked to jump through some rather absurd hoops to get to do something in the situation. A very important distinction between how air is treated and how ground is treated.

Or do you disagree with this observation?

Doesn't mean they should be -in this game-.

There's always that maybe, which really just means "if the lib is bad/arrogant enough".

So it's not really down to the skill of the tanker (although it helps), but the inability(lack of skill) or unwillingness (over-abundance of confidence) of the aircraft to maintain the advantage.
    • Up x 1
  19. FaLI3N

90% of lib pilots fly extremely arrogantly. Why wouldn't they? It takes a high level of skill just to tickle them with a tank so they do not expect to take significant sustained damage from you. Of course 99% of libs will crap all over you the second you start shooting them but if you are in a decent position and they are per-occupied you can usually hit them at least twice before they get slightly annoyed that you causing minor turbulence. After that is when it gets hard and you need to hit them whilst they evade and retreat or hit them enough that staying to finish you off would leave them open to attacks from passing ESF etc.

I can safely say that pre-bsbuff there would only be a small number of libs that I would fear though with my current hit/miss ratio on the farmers. Not that it really counts for diddly-squat at the moment, I just live a tiny bit longer than if I was an infantry being shredded. Wish the stealth cert-line removed my thermal signature though, there is almost no negatives to just holding down thermals as a lib gunner because you don't really need the range that you would if you were piloting so I keep being picked off whilst camo'd appropriately under tree cover completely still in the middle of nowhere behind enemy lines.. frustrating to say the least.

If a particular crew annoys me enough I just set up my Rudolph mossie and deliver my c4 to him :p
    • Up x 1
  20. Flag

At least you could punish arrogance before the buff.

It's just frustrating ... And unfair.