Rocket Launcher Primary needs to go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Clay, May 12, 2014.

1. Devrailis

It was only half satire.

Like I said, everything on that list has at one point or another within the past two months, had at least 1 thread dedicated towards its nerfing because it was a "crutch", "OP", "driving away new players", "bad for the game", etc...

I was pretty surprised to hear people raising pitchforks at the Heavy's overshield for example, what with Heavy's being advertised as the shock trooper class who are supposed to be, you know, tankier than the others. But nope, that's too much, gotta nerf. Pretty much the only thing that isn't going to cause crap in pants induced rage are engineers running around with pistols.
    • Up x 3
  2. TheFamilyGhost

Your urge to insult is strong. Is it because those that resort to insult are intellectually exhausted?

You're defending nothing other than your JEM needs to have the battlefield be dangerous for everyone but yourself. What scares you and terrifies you, the only solution you can formulate is in-forum, and not in-game. How embarrassing is that.
  3. Posse

wtf is JEM, is it the sister of TOM?
  4. MrJengles

You spend most of your posts insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

You seem to dislike the entire concept of balance feedback on forums, yet here you are having a go at anyone posting their opinions.

If you have no interest in participating and prefer to deal with things in-game, then why are you even here? Leave everyone else to reasonable debate and deal with the consequences like you say you do.

You talk of "screaming" players but you don't debate with anyone, you just shout them down with a bunch of high-minded nonsense about the "dark ages of gaming" and "JEM".

The idea that no free players think there's something wrong with rockets, or no paying players think they're fine, is just ridiculousness. The vast majority of the player base spends nothing and you've no way to tell who does and who doesn't. It's a conspiracy theory.
  5. TheFamilyGhost

I'm sorry that you think that the only solution to your consternation re: rockets; is in-forum.

One day, you will mature, and you will realize that empowerment comes from within, not from without. At least, that is my hope for you.

There is nothing wrong with the rocket. It hurts armor, and it kills the unarmored. Makes common sense, and in this environment, its all we have. You want to usurp common sense and make a world that only makes sense to those that think they are entitled not to die when they do dumb things. We will never understand each other, but I'll tell you, that after more than 20 years of online PvP, I know you have a much better chance of becoming me than I have of becoming you.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheFamilyGhost

No, JEM is Juvenile Entitlement Mentality.

If you suffer from it, reference to it will make you rage.
  7. MajiinBuu

Just be glad we don't have the M41 SSR Rocket Launcher from Halo. Just being close to the explosion is an instant kill.
    • Up x 4
  8. TheFamilyGhost

The tears that come from anything even remotely deadly would sink Noah's ark.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrJengles

I'm glad to say that will never happen.

You've shown us your understanding of maturity already.
  10. MrJengles

PlanetSide-esque gameplay would not fit Halo, any more than Halo-esque gameplay fits PlanetSide.
  11. Devrailis

The rage that would induce would be sublime.
  12. MajiinBuu

We have pistols in planetside, and pistols in halo. U wer sayn?
  13. Pathogenic

Argument detailing the finer points of the differences between Halo and PS2 given in complete obliviousness.
  14. MrJengles

PS2 copied core Halo elements, that set it apart from any other shooter, because both have pistols?
  15. Zorro

-Tanks: They are not okay, they should be at least as good as World of Tanks. This means having armor and weakpoints with better physics.

-Aircraft: The base game has not been improved, and it could be refurbished just like the tank system. While more vehicles and weapon systems are good, it is not enough.

-MAX: Not so much that they are overpowered more than that they can be equipped by anyone with sufficient resources. Nerfing them would punish dedicated MAX players more than control MAX crashes.

-Grenades: The physics need improvement, and one should be able to hold the grenade before triggering and throwing it.

-Mines: They are fine, though they need to be cheaper, perhaps slightly weaker, and more numerous. They should be deployed rather than thrown, and outdoors they would be buried, thus allowing for minefields. Engineers could specialize in removing them safely.

-Cloaking, Overshield, Jetpacks: I agree, though there should be more variety for jetpacks. I would like a set that can maneuver quickly for infantry fights, and drifters should allow one to ski Tribes-style.

-Shotguns: Agreed, this can best be done by tightening the spread to realistic levels.

-Sniper rifles: They should inflict more damage, and high-level scopes would allow one to render targets farther away.

-Knife: I agree. In addition, there should be a plethora of melee weapons and ways to use them, such as thrusting and parrying.
    • Up x 1
  16. MajiinBuu

o_O Wat are you even talking about?
  17. Dieter Perras

Tested it in game with rank 4 flak and got OHKed, so ya... maybe it's just me?
    • Up x 1
  18. Sagabyte

[IMG]Did you cringe yet?
    You know, this would actually be a really cool rocket launcher idea for the heavy.
    • Up x 2
  19. MrJengles

I meant that pistols don't tend to set shooters apart from each other. Halo's weapon gameplay is pretty distinct.

In some games RLs are really fun to use against everything, and in some games they focus more on the anti-vehicle aspect. PS2 focuses largely on combined arms and weapon roles so a RL that was even better at killing infantry wouldn't fit.

Things would be boring if every game played the same.

The topic of RL balance is as valid as any other weapon. Plenty of AV has already been nerfed against infantry.
    • Up x 2
  20. Pie Chasm

10/10

If Higby actually takes it seriously, then 1/0, you win forumside, but .. not much else.