Liberators need to be louder.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, May 14, 2014.

1. Slandebande

I use sound extensively to hunt tanks, along with the minimap of course. The engine noise might not be very distinct, but the firing of their weapons is actually pretty easy to pick-up, and the sound travels surprisingly far (although I haven't tested it precisely). Nothing draws my attention like a Prowler firing a Vulcan, or a Magrider firing a PPA, usually easy pickings :)

I find it silly that ESFs make much more noise than Libs though, I could understand if Libs were actually slow, but they cannot really be deemed slow at all (compared to anything but the ESFs). I think they should increase the sound emitted by Libs baseline. I do agree that Stealth should reduce engine noises though, so as to give more of an incentive to use it (although I don't need more of an incentive, I already use it all the time :p ).
  2. McToast

Moin

Increase noise of all aircrafts to about 150% of the current value, reduce noise with max rank stealth to 50-75% of the current value.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nerp

I see no reason as to why a reaver should be louder than a liberator.
    • Up x 1
  4. MostlyClueless

It'd be nice if my Prowler only had one counter. I'm gonna pick Harassers. There. If you don't bring a Harasser you are not allowed to kill my tank. This is totally balanced, if you don't like it pull a Harasser.
    • Up x 2
  5. axiom537

Well you certainly live true to your name...
    • Up x 1
  6. MostlyClueless

Sounds like someone is mad they can't deal with Prowlers. Just pull a Harasser dude it's not hard.
  7. FaLI3N

He is also mimicking the exact same argument a lot of lib pilots use.. along with the well if you can't kill my MBT then call in the best lightning driver of the server to come and do it before I insta-gib you line. If you subscribe to either of these ridiculous notions then you sir a re mostly clueless about the nuances of game design and balance.
    • Up x 2
  8. Vixxing

I agree to this though.... i can hear ESF a mile away while LIBS are like ninjas... :p (dalton whistle is what gives them away and then its often to late!)
  9. FaLI3N

Especially if they manage to luck out and get the rear armor multiplier with the dalton.. I swear a dalton hit my rear armor in a lighting and put me straight to burning with 5% health left once, unless something hit me at the same time..
  10. axiom537

I got it and that is why I said he lives up to his name...As are those that do not understand that Air needs to be the hard counter to Air...
    • Up x 1
  11. FaLI3N

Why? When an ESF is being fired at you can bet your *** he doesn't give two ***** as to what is happening on the ground unless he spots/hears a multitude of friendly AA and even then he is only there hoping for protection.

If we were to follow your logic then ground would be the hard counter to ground and you can all go away to your lil flight ceiling and have honorable sky knight duels all day long completely separate from the ground.. but this is combined arms and just like all air has a way of countering ground, ground needs a way of actually killing air. Not a "deterrent" because unless you coordinate a large group of pubs after they are already being killed by air then nothing will change.

If you want ground AA destroyed then you should need to get the hell away from the hex until ground forces move in to take out the enemy AA. You should not be throwing more liberators in to kill your counters. You do not understand anything about balance..
    • Up x 1
  12. MostlyClueless

And Ground needs to be hard counter to Ground. Why should a Liberator or ESF stand a chance against my Tank? Stop flying and learn to drive a Harasser Scrub.
  13. Vixxing

Might been pilot TB'ed you a bit... TB takes you out in a full clip...
  14. Ripster

It's not that he thinks that pilots are the totality of the player base, it's that he thinks everyone who isn't currently flying is a bad player.

Either that or he knows libs are broken and doesn't want them nerfed in anyway including their ninja like silence.

That guy and libertyrevolution are delusional if they think it's not getting a huge swing from the nerf bat. My guess is maneuverability and durability.

Edit: btw, ESF's can kill libs, but vs a shredder lib with a good pilot your chances are way lower than they should be.

I also don't know why libs don't cost 750 resources, so that there might at least be a chance of not having resources to pull another one as soon as it dies and it's your turn in the rotation to pull one.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

+1 for the idea behind the Title ..
  16. axiom537

No, This game hierarchical in structure, not rock, paper, scissors. Air vehicles sit at the top, then ground vehicles and at the bottom Infantry. Honestly, I am tired of trying to explain it, go look up some of the posts by Phazar, I think he explains it best.

If you can not see the inherent problem with allowing the lower tiers to be able to kill the higher tiers on a 1 : 1 basis, then I really can't help you and no the C4 argument isn't the same, because it cost resources and I personally I would argue that it shouldn't be possible for only 2 C4's to kill a MBT and another MBT should and is be the best counter to a MBT in its Tier, and since the liberator is in the next higher tier it is a better counter to a MBT, then another MBT and especially infantry. On a side note, I do not have a problem with making the AA secondary on MBT stronger, because this is a multi-crewed vehicle and it costs alot of resources and the tank would need to sacrifice AV/AI roles with its secondary, along with a buff to top armor, would make this vehicle and only this vehicle a little better vs Liberators and make it a bit tougher of a nut to crack for a lib..

I do not have an issue with giving ground vehicles additional defenses against A2G attacks...ie, buff top armor so that it effectively becomes "Anti-Air" Armor, which will give vehicles a choice to become more resilient to air, or giving them an Air radar to more easily detect Air or increase the sound of the liberator, or even allow vehicles to swap out load outs...those are all reasonable buffs, but I am opposed to increase the offensive AA abilities as that would cause problems...
    • Up x 1
  17. z1967

Yeah this thread got off on a tangent fairly quickly. Regardless, the starting idea is a good one but there is not too much to add to it.
  18. z1967

Can we put Flashes at the top of this Hierarchy next? I really, REALLY want to see forumside's reactions to that.
  19. DirArtillerySupport

They definitely have a very distinct sound it just happens to be more subtle and in a different frequency range. I can usually pick it out in-between ESFs whizzing by and explosions. Maybe this “whisper mode” could become an upgradeable slot with a charge mechanic similar to a cloak? Would make for some pretty interesting encounters when the engines come back life.
  20. FaLI3N

On topic though liberator needs to be louder, I have been saying it for ages :( Use this to finally lower the stealth certline's engine sounds on all vehicles with max rank lib stealth having engine noise as it is currently.