Stalker Cloaker Fully Invisible?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LocalUser38, May 13, 2014.

1. dBMachine

Scout Radar.

I have it maxed on my flash. After a battle is over I always pull my scout radar and I will just sit there until the base is clean.

There's usually one or two stalker cloakers hanging out in corners or by rocks and they pop out on the mini-map like christmas lights.

I'll pick them off myself or wait for team-mates to finish them off. I don't leave until the base is clean.
  2. Get2dachoppa

Scout radar currently detects you while cloaked, whether you are moving or not. That's another possibility.

Its also possible he just got lucky and picked the right corner you were in. Its a common hiding place for stalker cloaked infiltrators and if the control point was flipping because of your presence, he could have been like "I'll check...here! Oh hey, got him. lulz!" Also possible he "bumped" into you or somehow caught a glimpse of your image. The cloak is very fickle depending on one's graphic settings, the lighting in the area, what kind of background you are against, where Venus is located in the sky, etc.
  3. NC_agent00kevin

In a game where capturing points is the goal, and client side hit detection is the name of the game, 100% invisible and undetectable players with infinite cloak have no place and is the dumbest design decision Ive ever seen. And no, they dont kill me very often at all unless they are camping a terminal with the crossbow and Im alone. Ill be damned if I need to shine a flashlight around the whole damn room before I use a terminal.

Now that that is out of the way.

I like Infiltrators who use Stalker Cloak but continuously spot enemies. They are easy to find.

I also know many of the 'good' hiding spots and tricks you hide and seek players like to use. Personally, I hate hide and seek but now we have to deal with Stalker Kids giggling behind their PC screens as they watch 4 annoyed players run around with 'hey look Im right here please avoid me or kill me' flashlights.

There are still many ways to find you, experience being one of them. Im sure Ive killed quite a few that wondered how in the heck I knew where they were.

Yeah, I have a deep seeded hatred for Stalker Cloak.
  4. Pikachu

Scout radar flash?
  5. LocalUser38

Ahh. The vehicle radars seems to be a big key difference that I was previously unaware of. In numerous instances where I was surprised about them finding me it turned out there was usually a vehicle present - esp flashes and scythes. So this is making much more sense now.
  6. Sauce Sausage.

By experience i can tell you that he sees you in a maximized minimap.
  7. Plunutsud pls

There's a bug when your head and weapon become more visible after you switch weapons while in deep cloak.

They said they fixed it, but it still happens.

The only way around it is to move slightly and then stop - your head and weapon will go back into deep cloak.

You won't even notice the difference on low graphics, but it's visible on higher settings.
  8. Corporate Thug

Last night I ran into a room that had a stalker infiltrator in it and immediately went to his location and knifed him twice. I didn't see him nor did I know where he was, only that he was in that room. There are only so many places you can hide on a capture point and I always run up and jump on the point and knife there first. Luck would have it that he was in the most used spot for stalker infiltrators and got knifed. I just knew he would send me some rage induced tell because I didn't have a flash light on my weapon and the many others failed to find him. Sometimes people just get lucky, while other times they just narrow it down by educated guesses.
    • Up x 1
  9. Axehilt

Exactly this, on all points. Right down to the suspicious ("yeah, maybe. Probably not, but maybe.") tone on hacking.
  10. t31os

Can never find those fiddly fudgers, but today i noticed one with my NV scope, there was a momentary graphical glimmer/glitch, where i could see him ever so slightly. I tried the dark light, but it's so situational. NV scope works better, but it's a very slight effect.... (it may be that the cloaker moved an inch - i'll admit that).

I've certainly had a few points where i couldn't find a cloaker though....(usually easier to just wait for a friendly with dark light to run in)..
  11. LibertyRevolution

If you are crouched in deep cloak and do not move you are 100% completely invisible on ALL settings.

When I say not moving, I mean even your mouse, as the light bending changes ever so slightly when you move your mouse.
    This is more noticeable on high, on high you can see if a deep cloaked guy is looking around, if you know what to look for.
    Players with a lot of time in will know this bending means a cloaker is in front of a wall, and they will pwn you like your not cloaked.

Stalker cloak is fun for trolling cap points.
    • Up x 1
  12. ExarRazor

since I switched to a cloaker-only playstyle, I've noticed a MASSIVE spike in players finding me when they shouldn't be able to.

several examples are of me being in a place for long stretches of time, 5, 10, 15 minutes even 20 minutes in some cases.

I haven't moved, I haven't called out, there were NO scout radars in play. im just there watching the enemy

all of a sudden someone walks right up to me and instagibs me with headshots. they couldn't have possibly known I was there, and playing on high settings wasn't a factor, because the hiding place I chose diffused the shimmer effect of cloaking

I can only conclude that there are a HUGE amount of people using ESP or radar hacks
    • Up x 2
  13. Prudentia

The longest time i ever had to search for a stalker was 2 minutes. that sneaky bastard just sat in the middle of the room and i only found him because he couldn't resist a V6, which resulted in him getting a full mag into the head and a V6 from my side. tough had a good laugh with thaz guy afterwards.

Tough a few rules help with finding them:
    static glowing objects, which are not Light sources, like the little glowy screens that are often on walls do NOT render trough cloak and you create and Infil shaped hole.
    There are 3 types of Stalkers:
    obvious ones: hiding in a corner...
    burned ones: learned to sit onto something... which brings them into eye height making it easier for me to find them
    good ones: leave the room before you get there.
    um...
    the amount of Light bending is different, but for the most part a simple rule applies: the further away you are from the thing behind you, the easier to see. so if you are sitting at a wall and a guys stands at the wall and looks into your direction he has it very easy as he looks trough you aat the distorted texture of the wall on the opposite site.
    thats about all i can think off. i don't really hunt Infils, i just walk past them, see a slight shimmer and kill them.

Edit: in case it wasn't obvious: Yes i'm one of those players who will ome into a room and kill the Infil that no one else saw. if you want pls go ahead and ask questions, i never really paid much attention to Infils so maybe some good questions will make it easier for me to explain how to find them.
  14. M2_Bradley

When I play stalker cloaker,I usually just sit on the cap point(quite literally)...
  15. IamDH

I play on High/Ultra and i can confirm this. When you move your mouse you become slightly more obvious
    • Up x 3
  16. Krayus_Korianis

I'm not complaining that there's no collision. I was stating the fact that there isn't in my quoted post. The person I quoted states there's collision and people can find a stalker with it.
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

I play on completely maxed out settings and I can say that the cloak is useless against me. It's EXTREMELY easy to point out cloakers even when standing still. It needs a buff imo.
  18. Takoita

Just yesterday I shot off a stalker cloaker off a control point post because it was simply the first place I thought to check. Doesn't mean there aren't players that find me a bit too easily when I play stalker myself though.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ripster

I regularly shoot corners and bushes if I even remotely suspect infiltrators are around. My accuracy stat suffers a bit but...

Also, did you know moving your mouse around moves your gun? This movement is visible.
    • Up x 1
  20. Lazaruz

If I get within 5m, I'd say that I can spot the shimmer semi-decently, given that I'm actually looking for it. Other than that, I'll just bring my own infil and spam EMP grenades to get their shield flickering. I'll be damned before I use a flashlight :D

While cloaking myself, I've had a couple encounters that seems a little fishy though. The main one happened after we lost a biolab, and I escaped down to the vehicle terminals. I sat there for a good couple minutes before anyone showed up, and much to my amazement the guy that came down the teleporter shot me from 20m away, instantly after he exited the tube... I hadn't moved and was crouched the whole time, so that took me by surprise.