Waterson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LibertyRevolution

I can't keep a positive K/D or an SPM over 300 on any of my Waterson characters during a session even now..
    So while experience is a plus, there are more easy kills on Mattherson, you have to work way to hard on Waterson.
    When I made my characters on Mattherson, I was like OMG this is EASY MODE compared to Waterson.

If they ever do merge Waterson and Mattherson, you Mattherson guys are in for a bit of a shock..
    Waterson players tend to think about positioning, where as Mattherson tend to be lemmings, dying one after another..
    Not as bad as Connery lemmings... but Mattherson still has a ton of bads.

Eskimo.. of your 30 days playtime, you have 16 days in a prowler...
    Your SPM is not impressive for a tanker, I think you may be one of the bads...
    Oh, your are BWC, prowler zergfit, bad confirmed.. Ranked #245 in your outfit of 610 by SPM.
    You seem to care too much about your K/D..
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/...rience_score_per_minutes_played&sortorder=asc
  2. Paragon Exile

Literally every other person I've met (including myself) who has played both servers agrees Mattherson is harder than Waterson. I have your testimony against theirs and my own.

The only server that compares is Miller.
    • Up x 3
  3. EliteEskimo

I created a Mattherson Character on Waterson, and with a Stock Prowler I did extremely well without encountering significant AV nests and with a Stock Max did very well.

Enlighten to me as how Mattherson is easier to get kills as you are killing coordinated outfits and highly skilled infantry players like DA. Waterson has neither of those things at the level Mattherson does. The only reason I can think it would be easier to get more kills is there are more people in one spot because more people are attacking objectives all at once so if you can maximize on those scenarios if and only if you are really good at flanking. Otherwise you have no logical reason as to why Mattherson would be easier other than because you say so. I've heard people try to make the claim that the skill level between the servers is the same, which I also disagree with, but it's very rare that I ever hear people make the claim that Waterson is Hardmode compared to Mattherson.:p
  4. TheShrapnelKing

Perhaps I might hypothesize an explanation:

Do you guys remember NUC? They don't exist anymore but it's indicative of Waterson players in general. That outfit was unique because they were the most organized outfit on the server, but they weren't huge like the ones on Mattherson, they were like a Special Forces unit. They could quickly jump around and hit individual bases - their impact on a large fight was mostly moot, but in smaller battles they were godly.

I think Waterson players, in contrast to Mattherson, are pretty much either not organized at all, or only loosely organized. A lot of the difficulty I experience on Mattherson is not that all my opponents are crack shots and I can't kill them, but that they co-ordinate in such a way that breaking their defence or repelling their attacks or simply gaining a tactical advantage over them is more difficult. For example, and I'm putting this here mainly because Eskimo is in this thread, BWC is very well organized. I've attacked bases they're holding before. My difficulty in fighting them was not killing them: their individual skill was nothing special, what was good was their overall unit tactics. Sure, I can shoot them down, but if we can't gain a tactical advantage over their entire unit they'll just respawn and re-man their positions.

So perhaps your troubles on Waterson may come from the fact that, perhaps, players on Waterson may generally be more difficult to defeat on an individual basis, even if most of them are lone wolves and don't organize on a squad/platoon level basis well enough to offer a stiff overall challenge.
  5. LibertyRevolution

Play off peak, I play off peak.. Play infantry, I play infantry. Run solo, I don't play in a squad.
    I only defend, I never attack. I refuse to play on indar.
    Go do an infantry session at 3am-7am EDT on Waterson Amerish.. Try to keep your SPM above 300 playing infantry only...

This. ↑

I have no care about winning bases, or holding bases.. So, your organization "skill" means nothing to me.
    I am not going to try and fight off an organized platoon.. I am going to shoot the bads that I can, then redepoly and do it again..
    The player skill level seems in general lower than waterson, but they make up for it with "tactics" (put a dozen guys in a gen room).
    So yeah I can't kill all 12 and disarm that gen.. but I can kill 1-2 of them then die and do it again, and again, and again.

On waterson, there will be 3 guys in that gen room, and they will down you before you can kill 1 of them..
    There are very few players I run into on mattherson that seem to be far above my skill level..
    Waterson off peak the infantry play feels like I am playing against visigodo or madbrah every base..
  6. Verviedi

I only play on Indar, and other continents when alerts are on. The pops are too low, and all other continents are always empty.
    • Up x 1
  7. EliteEskimo

Lol if you play off peak then you are playing when most of the outfits aren't even on in force, and you're playing on Mattherson when it's more or less dead and not even that fun to play. You're basically playing on Mattherson when the outfits that make the server special are barely on if they're even on at all, lol no wonder...

Play on Mattherson during the times when the server is actually providing the hardmode epic experience everyone is talking about, that's prime time. If you want the most night and day difference example of Mattherson compared to Waterson play on Mattherson on Friday Night on Primetime as Mattherson TR.

Go up against DA on your TR alt and then come and tell me the skill level of Waterson is harder...
    • Up x 1
  8. Plunutsud pls

I had my fun with Waterson VS for a couple months, but I'm just sick and tired of being underpopped and having my back to the WG all the time.

Maybe they will merge Waterson with Mattherson when Hossin comes out, that might even things out.
  9. Jawarisin

Honestly, you must be getting something wrong :/

My main has been on VS, and they are fifty times better than the average NC. I decided to switch to NC, now got a lowly BR 43 (no boost/membership, it's slow!) and I can tell you a few facts about that:

1- You get teamkilled in a day on NC more often than you get teamkilled in a month on VS.
    2- It's all a big zerg with no strategy but one guy yelling some charging song in his microphone
    3- The reason you feel farmed is because I'm in the enemy's base on my NC
    4- The average NC is terrible, the one thing that dominates is PREY's air, that's it.
    5- The chat on NC is inexistant or talking about someone's cousin's life
    6- NC starts with the Bolt Driver
  10. LibertyRevolution

Fun for me is having a 24-48 infantry fight at lithcorp with DA at 3am..
    Fun for me is being on the top 10 for the daily leadboards with my low level alt, looking at the BR 90+ below me as scrubs.
    Fun for me is 4am biolab talking smack in /yell to igrowwerryofthisworld how he is below me on the leaderboard while in a skillsuit.

Prowler zerging bases in a 48+ platoon of is not my idea of fun..
    Gal dropping 48+ onto a 12-24 then talking about how great this outfit is, is not my idea of fun..
    Primetime is a meatgrinder.. camping doors, camping spawn, camping points, camping gens.. there is no fun in that.
    I will not be one of 10 guys camping in a gen room waiting for 1 engineer to try and repair it.. that is not fun.

I have no problem killing DA guys.. they are decent shots, but I don't feel helpless against them..
    I have killed this guy [DA]jak (BR100) 6 times, he killed me 6 times, so I guess I have the same skill as a BR100 [DA]..
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428188896446853825/killboard/?view=kills
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428188896446853825/killboard/?view=deaths

DA is no where near visigodo level of play.. that guy wrecks me every time I see him..

I play on all 3 US servers..
    I don't have a "main" character, I don't have a main server.. My opinion is actually objective.
    Connery is by far the most fun server to play on at 3AM EDT. Hands down.
    Waterson is by the hardest server to play on at 3AM EDT. No enough enemies, and the ones that are there are pros.

Mattherson at 3am is fun and challenging to fight against some these good players that log in at 3am to play the leaderboard game.
    • Up x 1
  11. EliteEskimo

My SPM is what it is since I normally play only during BWC operations meaning that we drive long distances across maps with Racer 3 Prowlers and often have downtime in between capturing bases. We also wait for orders and at times there aren't ideal battles for tanks to be at but you'll find us there trying to do what we can anyways. I also shouldn't have to tell you that being in a tank almost all the time regardless of the opportunity present means your spm will not make it as high as it could be if you only pulled it when the time was ideal. I've also had this account since the day Mattherson launched and thus reflects a learning curve of when I first started playing the game. If you hadn't figured it out by now through seeing my forumside profile and my stats then yes I'm a dedicated tanker.:eek:

If you think BWC is a Prowler Zergfit outfit you don't know what a zergfit is, and don't know what an armor convoy is. For operations we run with anywhere from 100-200 people that form specialized dedicated armor, air, and infantry task forces which operate as a whole combined arms unit. Educate yourself on the awesome entity that is BWC before attempting to talk about an outfit you apparently know nothing about or how we operate. If I cared about SPM I would not be in BWC, but I do care about being a part of awesome combined arms battles which BWC creates on a consistent basis when I play with them.

Last time I checked armor zergs weren't organized, didn't have firing lines, or drive in organized formations.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

If you want an example of what I do when it is not an operation and I'm not under command and fighting where I want you can use the past 2 days as example. Kill Board Both are examples of me playing on my own and not in an operation and on the front lines. Today I had a little time before going to lunch, logged on, went to a big battle, fought on the front lines around 100 meters of infantry basically the entire time and within 11 minutes went 60-1 dying only once to a BR 100 LA who flew above me as I was driving up a hill and I didn't see him above me. KD doesn't necessarily indicate skill in a tank, but if you play within 100 meters of infantry on a regular basis and still manage a 30-60 KD then yes that certainly means something.

Oh and while Jak is good and a good guy he is not DA's best plalyer, Vonic VS would be an example of someone I doubt anyone you know on Waterson could match. Furthermore Visigodo is in AC which is another one of Mattherson VS's small but elite outfits, and thus represents someone in an outfit which makes up of Mattherson's skilled and organized outfits. So my point of our outfits making us hardmode still stands, and you remain one of the only people in the history of the game I've ever met to claim Waterson is more hardmode than Matterson.
    • Up x 1
  12. Verviedi

That's it. I'm quitting for now.
    New character is on Mattherson. VerviediPrime.
    If you must know why, I have four words.
    Liberator AA tankbuster squads.
  13. Paragon Exile

That's five words.

:3
  14. Zazen

I play all three factions on Waterson. I have high level characters on each one. BR 100 NC (ZenSatori), BR 93 VS (LexiZen) and BR 75 TR (BaileyZen). The OP is absolutely correct. VS are HORRIBLE team players on Waterson. 90% of them only play HA and SMG infil. Those that play medic, rarely heal or rez and very few play engie.

Honestly, I enjoy the VS weapons the most, I'd play for VS a lot more if they weren't so horrible, as I really enjoy playing under-popped. There's a few exceptions, but for the most part, it's every man/woman for themselves, no one gives a rats *** about the team effort on VS.

In contrast to NC or TR where you will frequently be revived before your body even hits the ground, it's extremely rare to be revived, healed or repaired as VS. As the OP stated, no one seems to gun vehicles either, even if your part of a platoon. It's the most fugged up thing I've ever seen. I've tried to explain it to people that have never played anything other than VS and they have no clue.

I notice most VS seem to be relatively low level, and they are always under-popped on Waterson and it's not surprising. Once people get a dose of Waterson VS suckage they re-roll another character on another faction or another server. This compounds the problem, as VS are perpetually comprised of 75% clueless noobs, who, unlike the other 25%, don't know any better.
    • Up x 1
  15. doombro

I find it hard to believe there are any server/factions more incompetent than Waterson TR.

With NC at 45% pop, they still manage to find themselves capturing bases regularly with 70%+ population and ignoring that platoon that's capping that base next to our warpgate that's worth half of our current resources. You could say a lot of factions do this, but I doubt any of them other than Waterson TR literally congratulate themselves for it and tell themselves "job well done" without the slightest hint of sarcasm.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shanther

The problem with Waterson VS is the very large difference in players. You have the people who learned to play back when the VS ALWAYS had 25% pop and then you have the new people. The good players are very good and the bad players are very bad, there is very little middle ground.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Yes, you are an armor zergfit. You overwhelm your enemy with numbers of armor.
    Which is why your SPM is so low.. You travel in packs of armor.. killing mostly nothing...

Do you honestly think it takes skill or tactics to run an armor column?? o_O
  18. Verviedi

So that's what a lockdown prowler looks like. I have never got close enough to one to see it.
  19. Verviedi

Do you know how hard it is to get one gunner to shoot what you want them to shoot? Multiply that by 80. That's like running a tank column.
    • Up x 1
  20. Teshrrar

Wait, are you talking about TR?

Lowest pop... ah, right. Because TR do all that dumb moves with a higher pop. This weekend (as the entire month since I back to play) I saw the TR lose every single alert in weekends/primetime even with most population. Ahaha, yesterday we lost a domination with the 3 nations 33% pop and we with 20% territory after 2 hours, ahaha. Really pathetic. The alerts which TR win happen because 40%+ pop, and when the NC/VS ignore our superzerg to fight between them.

So, I think if you find yourself in a hell with VS, you didn't played TR yet. TR are sheeps today. A bunch of sheeps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.