Catastrophic crash

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by libbmaster, May 8, 2014.

1. libbmaster

I experienced a really really bad crash ingame today, after playing for... Maybe an hour or so, I'm not sure.

I was running around an empty bio-lab on amerish when my screen froze... and it stayed like that. No inputs worked: ctr-alt-del did nothing. No error screen came up, it just froze solid. I had to do a full restart after waiting several minutes.

This has happened once before to me. I was playing last night. I didn't think much of it, because I was playing for several hours. (That time, it was in the middle of a battle).

Again, no crash report: I have no idea what happened.

The time was around 7:00 PM today (EST). I've heard that SoE has data they can pull on there end to try and figure out what went wrong: I'd be curious to know what they find.

My specs are as follows:
    Windows 7 Home premium.
    CPU: i5-3570
    GPU: two AMD Radeon HD 7700 series (ATI crossfire)
  2. dreamcast87

Sounds like your system froze up due to overheating, does it happen with any other cpu/gpu intensive games you play?
  3. BlackDove

Happens so often its not even worth attempting to ask them why.

Could be the fact that youre using crossfire and one of the cards is overheating. What are your temps?

Check for malware too.
  4. libbmaster

Over heating? Didn't think of that... though it would make sense...

I literally just got a new rig, with above average fans/thermal compound. Plus, the case is huge and really open, so I didn't think this would be an issue.

I'll have to go fire up PS2 and check the temps. Thank you for the replies!