Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LibertyRevolution

So we all need to go play on Connery then.
    I suggest everyone makes an alt on Connery.

Let waterson/mattherson be ghost towns.
    The only server with decent pop is Connery.
  2. z1967

Death marches are a Briggs tradition which is basically a giant footzerg donw from the warpgate for no other purpose than intimidation and the "lulz." Yeah, the stereotypical australian uses various slurs, profanities, and "mate/sheila" in all parts of speech.

The pop is nice. Coincidentally, alerts won by TR have gone up by an enormous amount. So, I guess we can thank Briggs for that one.

The only negative responses I have seen are ingame accusations of lag wizardy and occasionally complaints on Circle-Jerk-topia Reddit. The Briggs server is probably more broken than decoy grenades and so they have been on Connery whilst SOE tries to fix everything. If you have a Connery alt, look for the suffix "-fromBriggs" and that is a Briggs player running around on the west coast.

Fun guys to play with. Also brought TR on Connery up to a far more competitive level than they used to be.
  3. Akeita

I don't think XPIV and EXE is improving anything, still just a bunch of zerg, now EXE is going for some mindless air zerg which basically come to the front line just to crash into each other and a bunch of Libs/Gals that have numbers on them such as 1/3 and 1/12 :rolleyes:
  4. Epic High Five

My feedback would be to accelerate the timeline. FEED ME MORE BIG BATTLES
    • Up x 3
  5. z1967

Oh yeah, XPIV and EXE are the probably the poster outfits of a zergfit. XPIV tried to improve but that motion lost steam fairly quickly. I am thinking of trying to join AFX or SOTO as soon as I see one of their recruiters next.

EXE air zerg is ****ing hilarious to watch. Half of them couldn't fly to save their life and the other half couldn't even leave the warpgate without dying. Wish they would just go back to sundee zergs :|
  6. Wobberjockey

do we really? i believe whole heartedly that the Waterson VS are probably the hardiest souls out of all of planet side.

we are capable of winning continent alerts with 25% cont pop. i've been playing as the underdog since launch. at thais point, an even pop fight just flat out feels ... well, it's too easy.

now you're going to give us the VS reinforcements from mattherson? good god. i almost feel sorry for the NC in that scenario

now - with that said, i'd whole heartedly support a merge down the road when more continents (i.e. hossin + Battle islands) would spread the population out across continents. not everything needs to be a 48+ on both sides all the time. if it was there would be nothing for small groups to do.
  7. Linedan

If you don't merge Waterson, you're going to be taking it out behind the barn in three months and putting a bullet in its head. It's a ghost town except for one or two big furballs even during prime time, and if the big battle happens to involve the other two factions, you're SOL if you want a big fight. Mattherson either has a lot more people or the fights are better spread out, I'm not sure which, but it is MUCH easier for me to find a fight as Mattherson (any faction) than Waterson TR.

I would love to see the population problems solved by a massive influx of new or returning players, but I'm not very optimistic about that at this point.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

Both continents can barely max 1 of 3 continents as it is... if that.

they don't need more continents, there's already more than enough content for both servers to merge.

Also, it'd come as a break to non-VS Matherson, since they'd get more reinforcements than the VS would, and they're already used to facing good VS, just a LOT more of them % wise.
  9. -Synapse-

A few 48+ vs 48+ battles on Indar does not mean a server is brimming with players, especially not when Esamir and Amerish are nearly empty as they are almost without fail on Waterson. I think after the initial influx of players following the launch of Hossin a merge would be more than necessary if we don't want to end up in 12 vs 12s all the time.

Planetside 2 is abysmal in terms of polish and refinement, it's only saving grace is the numbers. If huge battles aren't happening on all 3 continents during prime time, then something is wrong.

If a merge does occur, the new server must be called Jaeger. It's much more awesome-sounding than the other two.
    • Up x 3
  10. Legionary071490

Big yes from this Mattherson TR. Bring on the bigger fights and less dead continents!
    • Up x 2
  11. Rraymondo316

Only way to regularly fight on Esamir & Amerish is playing on Connery....the only server with decent pop

Mattherson is pretty much just Indarside 24/7 :mad:

Sooner they merge Mattherson & Waterson the better as far as im concerned
  12. vincent-

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!
  13. Colonelveers12

I do hope people take into consideration those who are less fortunate and don't have the quality computer or net to play in the big fights. I am one of them (just got my highest ping yet 150K) and I can barely play the game as is. While most people on the forums don't even think about that part, there are a surprising amount of players who do have crap setups. If SOE starts merging servers again there will be a lot of people who won't be able to play the game.

And also, even if they merge servers it will not solve Indarside. You think having more people will suddenly make everyone love Esamir and Amerish? All that is going to happen is that people won't be able to move around during alerts and the incredibly little coordination that exists already (seriously anyone actually have a productive command chat for even a month??) will drop dead.
  14. BOOKEN

That is all the feedback you guys need to know IMO.

Queues that force players to play other continents isn't what SOE or the player base wants.

But if you guys really want to know what the player base thinks and not what forumside thinks, you should implement a voting system in game for this and any other topics of major consideration.
  15. BOOKEN

So how many servers can one play to be satisfied? This comment seems a bit weak for the argument.

If one play multiple servers then I don't see how you can have a complaint about pop. You are in fact part of the pop problem.

It's almost as redundant as the guy calling to boycott Waterson to force a merge....

Most of these arguments are not making sense. IMO
  16. BOOKEN

Yep that'll fix it....

This is an absurd suggestion and is only going to hurt the population levels more. Good job!

Careful what you wish for. They might merge Briggs with Waterson. Wouldn't that be fun.
  17. Ronin Oni

uh.... 3 servers?

3 factions, 3 characters, 3 servers...

How am I a part of the problem if I occasionally play on Waterson? It's not my main, so if I only played my main then that'd be even less players on Waterson.

I'd play it more if it was merged with Matherson and had enough battles on the other continents.

Hell, half the time I log into Waterson there are barely any battles at all.

Why would I stay?

This is a real problem. One they need to look at fixing.

I still play it cause I've got time invested into my TR and I've got some fun toys I like to use.
  18. ILoveLucy

I started playing on Waterson back when the game went live in 11/12. I tried all 3 factions but was not happy with the results. Fast forward two months and I then created a VS char on Mattherson and found paradise. I would not approve of a merger between these two servers. The populations are distinctly different and combining them will do more harm then good. Let it be.
  19. Spartan 117

You may want to reconsider. The only time that it is remotely acceptable to play is in the evening/primetime or on weekends. Even during the weekends conflicts normally don't pick up until mid afternoon.

What is Planetside 2's primary niche in the market? Massive scale warfare. In order for that to happen, you need players. Whenever I log on, its 1-12 in every hex. On rare occasions there might be one 24-28 conflict on all 3 continents. Which is unacceptable. If I wanted to play a game with 50 or less opponents, there are numerous other FPS's that fill that niche. Meanwhile, our entire outfit moved over to connery & there is numerous 48+ battles on almost every continent all day every day.

As I mentioned before, Waterson isn't even a recommended server whereas Connery is. Care to explain that?
  20. ILoveLucy

Connery, despite all of the bluster a few of their more vocal players tend to excrete, is not the bastion of server fullness and harmony they would lead you to believe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.