To use a T3 implant will cost......

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SharpeShooter, Apr 24, 2014.

1. SharpeShooter

So with the new implant patch on the PTS I thought I would try and work out the amount of SC or certs it would cost to run a tier 3 implant for one hour!

It looks like it will cost 50 station cash an HOUR to run a tier 3 implant or 71 cert points! lol

Also to get a Tier 3 implant of your choosing will cost you a VERY large amount of money seeming as: firstly you cant buy an implant of your choosing, but rather you buy a "pack" of implants which are completely random! you only get tier 1 implants and very rarely you get a tier two implant!

To get a tier 3 implant you have to combine 5 tier two implants, then its complete chance which tier 3 implant you get!

Talk about introducing gambling into your game SOE!

If SOE launch with this system then god help this game!

More detail on implants: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/23v3ub/some_basic_info_on_implants_as_theyre_currently/
    • Up x 16
  2. FateJH

[IMG]
    • Up x 16
  3. z1967

Scrap dat, all on the floor
    oh yeah, give me some more
    A crate, no not again
    ***mit, my team just can't win

**** it I tried.
    • Up x 1
  4. DJPenguin

This is too complicated and shady for a feature that worked just fine in PS1. Scrap the randomness and the tiers.

Used to be excited for implants but the more i see how much integrity it's losing I'm beginning to detest it.
    • Up x 22
  5. Ronin Oni

You'll collect low level implants just from playing the game... FOR FREE.

Just get a collection of them and combine for higher tiers.

When you have a collection of T3 implants, combine any 3 you don't want and hope for 1 you do.

Eventually you'll have the Implants you want, Tier3, ALL FOR FREE. You don't even need to spend certs on them!

Of course, you'll need to spend certs to keep them charged... but 150-200 certs for 10 hours of use shouldn't be a problem... just cost you a % of your cert gain while they're being used (ok, like a third your certs at 50 certs per hour gain).

Also, the lower tier implants drain slower, so it could well be worth playing with a weaker Implant anyways so that you get more use out of them until you're BR100 and drowning in unneeded certs.
    • Up x 13
  6. Stormsinger

• Up x 10
  7. Mianera

So the way I see this, it is for the BR100's who don't know what to spend their certs on.

A free to play player wont be able to grind or use implants effectively at all, since he will only make about 200 certs if he plays for a whole day. Assuming hes skilled and good at the game as well.

This seems like a pay to win model, honestly. And a way to rob BR100's of their certs. Honestly wished this garbage would never make it to live..... sigh.
    • Up x 6
  8. NoctD

If you all don't...

IMPLANT NOW

... some poor Dev is going to die starving!
    • Up x 10
  9. Konfuzfanten

Thats a hell of a lot. How would you react to a 33% XP nerf? You still need to buy weapons and gear.

The gear gap between new players and BR 100 will be even larger. not good for a PvP game.

And SOE talking about PS2 competitive gaming?!? lol, not even close.
    • Up x 3
  10. SharpeShooter

This comes from someone who has over 5k certs nearly all the time, and I would feel robbed if I had to spent 71 certs an hour to run an implant!

What there should be is an option like you can buy an implant which lasts a month for say 700 station cash / 1000 certs or a permanent implant for 10,000 certs points which can only be unlocked from in-game certs!

This gives BR 100s something to strive for, and gives lower level players something they can use in the mean time.
  11. Aegie

Looks like I will not be participating in those then.

"Struggling? Buy this crutch!"
  12. Phyr

The number of bullets it takes to kill someone will be the same after implants, therefore, stop whining.
    • Up x 6
  13. SharpeShooter

Idiot post is idiotic.

"Tanks can now fly! but don't worry it still takes the same amount of shots to kill one!" /sigh
    • Up x 5
  14. Phyr

We call those libs.
    • Up x 6
  15. TheBlindFreak

1. With the exception of the Sensor Shield implant, none of them give a drastic advantage. And as long as the auto-spotter only spots for the person being shot, then nothing is wrong with it.

2. You can earn them in-game by gaining experience. You can also buy them with certs or station cash. Buying them gives you a random pack.

3. The energy things to recharge implants will be available in the same 3 ways as implants, via exp, certs, or SC.

I don't see any reason to complain about this.

Honestly, I'd rather grind for them. Gives me another reason to play.
    • Up x 5
  16. AltF4Fun

If the 71 certs per hour thing is true then gg.I thought they would implement a moderate system that wouldnt rob you your last earned cert.I thought something like 50 certs for 24 hours.Im really surprised about the outcome of this.Sounds like a majour money and cert sink.Im looking into in when its live,but im sure staying away from it if its implemented like that.
  17. Stormsinger

Oh geeze... thank you for making me snort my drink. xD

Seriously though, doesnt anyone else find it rather odd that SOE is asking for us all to get implants, then play with them? I mean, there's a serious lack of boob jokes in the forums today.
    • Up x 3
  18. AltF4Fun

These implants also cost a **** ton of money, like the ones in RL;)The moment you have to tell your girlfriend you cant buy her implants because you have to spend it on your own implants.
    • Up x 3
  19. Kriegson

Imo if they just gave us a 50 infantry resource charge that lasts half an hour or something, and kept the charges that last days or potentially weeks to crafting/SC/Certs, then I'd be happy.
  20. LapsedPacifist

Why are you all assuming that you're going to want a tier 3 implant active all the time?
    If you have to pick and choose when to activate what implant then so's everyone else, it just adds another layer of variety and strategy.

Not too happy they can be charged with SC but it doesn't seem hugely unreasonable in terms of cost. I feel like you're all overreacting somewhat.
    • Up x 3