Opinions on Mattherson/Waterson Merge?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thurwell

Mattherson already has queues most nights and during alerts, where would we put double the pop? Plus Waterson can keep it's imbalanced population. Despite what forum side says the pop on M is usually NC>TR>VS. But it's all 30% or more usually, so not too bad. Add in waterson's imbalanced pop and we make it far worse.

Plus as someone else said both servers have an unchallenged air only outfit, and on both it's NC. So that wouldn't be fun either.
  2. IamDH

Alright, i admit you are sort of correct and i'm wrong. I still suggest that we do not take this route because the inevitable fall in population that will occur once more. My suggestion would be to merge (if it is needed) when Hossin comes out or see if hossin results in an increase in population.
    • Up x 1
  3. Corporate Thug

More people will stop playing because they can't get to Indar. More people will stop playing because it will increase the amount of spamming. More people will stop playing because the server would suck even more so under additional stress.
  4. penandpencilman

Except VS have TGWW and PTSD and TR have N.

All factions have excellent Air-Only outifts
    • Up x 4
  5. DQCraze

Ya if they like flying at ceiling all the time. Matherson has the MOST hardcore AA in the game. Everyone and their brother carries a boom stick. You are Q'd instantly and every AA turret, skyguard, lockon, and anything that can shoot gets pointed at you and down you go.
    • Up x 2
  6. Alarox

People play on Indar because people play on Indar.
    There are still the population caps on the continents so lag shouldn't be a problem, should it?
    Spamming what? The population caps on each continent are still there, so the spammiest it could get would be the spammiest it can currently get.
  7. Rift23

That's because everyone on Matherson is able to organize mass air death squads with Dalton/Rocketpods.
  8. SpcFarlen

When Hossin comes out its going to be needed. It is nice to see a queue every once and while but filling up one continent when a potential three (two currently) are simple ghost towns isnt going to persuade players to keep playing, especially if someone doesnt like playing on one continent or the other.

Not to mention there is the issue with off hour populations where it is just pathetic to even get a fight to last more than 5 minutes. You spend more time getting to a fight than actually fighting in one. Again another thing that will not persuade players to keep playing. It also starts a viscous cycle where people only play at peak hours, new players join in, see is a ghost town and leave, because its a ghost town no one plays on off hours. See how it kind of gets bad after a while?

Having a healthy population has nothing to do with alerts or queues for 'Windar'. Its about player retention and new player recruitment. If you advertise large scale battles and all they ever see are 12v12s all over the map, what is the incentive to stick around and not play any other fps?

I am for the merger, just like when Helios merged with Connery. Sure NC got a boon to pop then, but more people joined the other factions because the fights were better. More than one continent actively had large fights on it. It simply made the game much more enjoyable in the end. Try to think more about the long term effects than just the simple day to day ones.
    • Up x 1
  9. TeknoBug

It isn't logical right now since population on both servers are still fairly healthy, and I actually was considering moving my toons off Mattherson perhaps to Waterson (I lag like a mofo on Mattherson lately). If SOE does, I hope they upgrade the hardware of the server(s), Connery and Miller are still decent with latency but stuff on Mattherson goes haywire at times such as clicking cloak and it working 3 seconds later and shooting headshot after headshot and not getting a kill while the person I shot sees me and kills me.

One of my toons was also originally from Jaegar and Waterson isn't that great.
    • Up x 1
  10. Corporate Thug

People play on Indar and wait at the warp gates of other continents when there is a queue. I mostly played this game on Connery and the server has major issues under stress, even though the server doesn't reach it's cap. Spamming...Again, I play on Connery more than the other servers, and I go to the other servers for the quality of fights...Because AOE spam everywhere and large uncontested zergs to where you can't find a good fight due to every lane being zerged and no one wanting to defend most of the time. When you do find a fight, it is usually stale and will last for hours at the same 2 bases, back and fourth until one force gives up and leaves, leaving the other force to ghost cap. Some people enjoy really busy servers, but from my experience...It adds lots more latency issues, crappy zerg fights and lots of spamming to where infantry gameplay isn't rewarding. IDK if it's directly related to the increased activity but my FPS has dropped a ton when playing on Connery, my ping has doubled lately and dying around corners/trading non stop is the norm.
  11. AssaultPig

under normal circumstances I'd be in favor of any merger to increase server population

but so many people on mattherson seem like such toolboxes, ugh
    • Up x 1
  12. z1967

I am on the fence about it. It would bring overall pop for the server to around 3000 people (making it larger than Connery), but I would be nervous as to whether or not the server would support that kind of load. Connery at just 2500 has flying tanks and the occasional crash, Wattherson will be nearly unplayable at prime time with an entire 500 more people. I could see it happening, but SOE is going to have to get a really beefed up server in order for it to be stable.

And of course the server culture is fairly different. It would cause unnecessary drama to be honest, something that could end up being bad for the game. And of course their are the purists who would detest the other servers as full of noobs and tk'ers would have a field day on the forums about how the merge just killed their server.

I would wait til after Hossin and/or Continent locking in order to see how the game pops end up. And the fix for the Crash-every-time-I-switch-continentsside 2 bug. That bug is horrendous :|
  13. Paragon Exile

I'd like a merge when Hossin and the Continent Lattice are released, depending on what happens. It may actually turn out to be unnecessary in the long run, so patience is advised; a combined Mattherson and Waterson would dwarf even Connery.
    • Up x 1
  14. Klypto

I'm for it, I need moar people to add to my friendslist (it's been slowing down a lot, like only 50 people per day now) and the less servers there are the more likely I will meet allies and enemies I see here on the forums, twitter, and reddit making for a less segregated community.

Waegerson just needs to grow into this massive blob of people waiting to log in because the VR and other continents are full. Then I will be happy.

That and I'm hoping to see new life in tank combat, because right now the competition is starting to get kinda lame.
    • Up x 1
  15. Paragon Exile

Aren't you one of the best Vanguard drivers in the game? You don't think that maybe it's not the game, it's you? :D
  16. Outreach

No. I don't want to play on mattherson. I have alts there, it's not an exaggeration, it's a toxic drama ****hole and I don't want any part of them. I'm already to the point of leaving this game, that's the nail in the coffin for me.
  17. Klypto

Impossible. I'm not that good.
  18. Thurwell

None of those outfits are active enough to put up more than about 2 aircraft on a consistent basis. Except maybe PTSD, I've never heard of them or noticed them in game so it's hard to comment. TGWW has 2 active members as far as I can tell, who don't squad up or fly together.
  19. Paragon Exile

I've been standing next to your tank as you solo'd three enemy MBT's, I think you're up there.

Smart *** :3
  20. ZeroErrorz

yes pls, matherson is lacking on youtuber department i mean waterson have wrel,koolaid and stlyoungblood what does matherson have ?
    (welp at best we have mustarde...)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.