Maintenance - 4/21

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon527

limbrux, ima give a random eta. "i don't work for soe, but i can give my opinion."
    Spoon's : ETA : 30min~1 hour , 30min
  2. sunranaka

1, Probably lag or crash seen it a few times.
    2, Possibly hacks but not necessarily, he could have used a radar or just was lucky I guess ;p
    3, Yap hacks for sure.
  3. Raztaman

1. I've been wondering this myself except I assumed it was just large mags. 15 seconds seems a bit much though?
    2. You don't need a flashlight to be able to see infiltrators in stalker cloaks, it's the exact same as shadow except it can last indefinitely while motionless, it doesn't make you TOTALLY invisible (afaik).
    3. If it looks like they're using TO kill people then yes but normally I wouldn't have thought it's intentional. Though I have been killed be a light assault that teleported all around a small building, through ceilings etc and killed off about 6 of us in under 10 seconds.
  4. Mianera

Wow, I gotta take the defense for this guy.

You dude, you stop your crap! Name one other company or game that let's their players and fanbase go through this crap. There is a thing like a global standard, and PS2 is not even near it.

And you base a ignorant statement because on the argument that the guy is not a developer/programmer?

So let me get this right, by your logic, a mechanic, which ruins your car instead of fixing it... his actions can be justified with the statement that the customer who brought in the car is not a mechanic himself?

Dude wake up. Reality is that the mechanic would get a verbal bashing, not get payed and the client would go to another mechanic that knows how to do his job.
    • Up x 2
  5. CzechErface

If you want to talk about not knowing pre-req's then you should stop now. I want to brag now and claim that I probably know a hell of a lot more than you.
  6. ILoveLucy

WAKE UP SHEEPLE! SOE DID 9/11!
    • Up x 2
  7. Caserion

Maintenance?
  8. 1.048596

I know this might sound crazy, but there's the remote possibility that it stands for "Maintenance".
  9. IamDH

10. Michiel van Huijstee

MAINTenance
  11. Tactical Shrimp

Issue 1 = Latency issue, it's a common bug with the game, you'll notice that these bullets you see being fired don't actually do any damage.
    Issue 2 = Stalker cloaking isn't that effective, it's not hard to spot someone invisible regardless of having the dark-light. think of the cloak as a glorified gillie suit, rather tan full invisibility.
    Issue 3 = It is lag, server-side lag though, nothing to do with your connection (if you say so) but instead the server is lagging either because you are in a big battle, or the player's connection is having a seizure.

Summary - If you think someone is cheating don't report them straight away, check their player stats and check stats such as their SPM and K/D ratio. If someone is cheating then they will often have a high K/D ratio, or a lot of head shots. Regardless of this, the person you suspect to be a cheater could just be a good player in which case show them some respect, unless they act like a total C***, in which case you should tell them how they're acting and think about fighting somewhere else. After all you should be enjoying yourself rather than giving out hack-usations left-right and center.
  12. jakic

13. Why Me?

People are upset and they're going to vent. There does seem to be a lot of downtime for this game.
  14. Graylin

I can see cloaked Infiltrators easy if they are moving. If they are still I can still see them after a while if I move slowly and am looking in thier direction. A good computer and high graphics is the key. It's still a lot harder to see them than it used to be.
  15. CzechErface

A car is not made from machine code and this game is F2P. Also, how about League of Legends back in the day? There are probably tens (if not hundreds) of software products that have had or still have issues similar to what you want examples of.
  16. PastalavistaBB

I came home from work after 13 hours and this is what I get? From my past experiences I can say with %99 certainty that EU Prime Time isn't happening this evening. Unless the Chinese Cyber Army hacked SOE I can't see how this could be considered as "acceptable". If I failed to deliver my services or products to my customers at the frequency of SOE fails to deliver them, I would've been left with no customers at all. I really wish Planetside 2 gets some competition Soon™, so they are forced to improve the quality of their services.
    • Up x 2
  17. 00101010

Well, I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but SOE reissued their SSL certificate and asked users to change their password.
    Not sure, but is this probably heartbleed related?
    I'm guessing (and hoping) they changed their private keys & stuff as well if that was indeed the case.
    Anyway, I hope this is fixed soon. :(
  18. Boompadu

PS2 is not a car.
    Even if PS2 were a car you don't own it. You would merely pay to use it if it is available.
    This PS2-car is free of use.
    The "free of use"-PS2-car has a defect, so a mechanic currently is investigating it free of charge.
  19. Bowrock

well, who was the genius that decided easter week (anytime) was a good idea for maintenance? is this fix being done on the fly? norm is to take servers down to apply a fix not the latter yo!
    In any case you should consider the value of a test server, the internet is a cruel place.
  20. Spoon527

Servers have been inactive for around last 30~50min. and just with in the last 2 min dev activity has reappeared in connery as nc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.