AV MANA turret 450 meter range now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by squarebug, Apr 16, 2014.

1. squarebug

• Lifespan of AV MANA turret projectile has been reduced from 10 seconds to 4.75 seconds. This makes the maximum range of the MANA turret around 450 meters.
    hope thats far enough
    • Up x 3
  2. RubberFur

Well its better than before the rocket had a timer on it, making it infinite as long as you can see your target you were gunna hit it.
    • Up x 2
  3. lothbrook

Hope they made the rockets visible again, cause i had one the other day the was literally a stones throw away hitting me in a tech plant fight and it took a while to figure out where the F it was.
    • Up x 3
  4. Taemien

This was my biggest beef with the AV turret was the obscene range. This just might be enough to bring it inline.
    • Up x 1
  5. Calisai

Unlike a strict distance limit, the time limit isn't a bad system in and of itself, however, we'll see if anything really changes. I think this change will mostly be seen on the Quartz Ridge to Indar Ex, and Rashnu/Palisade Indar cliffside pointing towards Mao. With the elevation difference, it was like shooting fish in a barrel... if it doesn't change anything in that scenario... then it won't change anything elsewhere.

At least now it makes more sense, the previous nerf (from 15 to 10) was basically nothing.
    • Up x 1
  6. Tommyp2006

That seems fine to me, I'm haooy with this change, both as a tank user, and as an av mana turret abuser.
    • Up x 1
  7. MajiinBuu

Guess I won't be hitting tanks at TI Alloys from Allatum Biolab anymore :oops:
    • Up x 2
  8. Xhaleon

Took them long enough.

In fact, it would have been easier to just limit it to 300 meters from the very start. All those problems with tankers getting hit by invisible missiles could have been avoided if their max range was just infantry render distance in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  9. Cirevam

It's a good start. This should help open-field battles so vehicles can't get rocketsniped from the next base over.
  10. EliteEskimo

It should help really long range sniping of tanks, however in my opinion they should've made it 300 meters as that's Max infantry render distance. Infantry shouldn't be out ranging tanks, and in medium-big battles I would be surprised if AV turrets magically started rendering again.
    • Up x 4
  11. Xebov

I dont argue about the limit for the distance, but its the next weapon with limited range so i have to question when we will get distance markers on spottet targets so we can see if its within firedistance.
    • Up x 1
  12. Casterbridge

I've a question I never made huge use of this weapon, if a tank is in range of the AV turret can he kill the shooter in a single blast?
  13. cyb_

A tank will one hit kill the turret. Has happened to me already before this patch.
  14. Bankrotas

If it was ranged based yeah, that would be way to go. However it's time based, which means, unless your target stays stationary all the time, your effective range will be way less than 450. Probably around 350.
    • Up x 2
  15. mooman1080

Good.
    • Up x 1
  16. FateJH

At least now it should be theoretically possible for something to see the target to shoot back in defense against.
  17. Kristan

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  18. Copasetic

It's an improvement, but they'll still hit vehicles outside of infantry render range so the underlying problem remains.
    • Up x 1
  19. mooman1080

The difference is that in order to get in range for a snipe I'll only need to hike 100m instead of 600.
    • Up x 1
  20. axiom537

The range of the rocket will ALWAYS be 450, from the point of launch. If a vehicle is moving away from you it may move out of that 450m range, but the rocket will still go 450m from the turret.