Proximity mine unlock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Planetdoge, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Planetdoge

So the proximity mine is usable by Infiltrator and Engineer.

Infiltrator: 200 certs to unlock first level, 400 certs to unlock second level
    Engineer: 100 certs to unlock first level, 150 certs to unlock second level

Well, I unlocked the first level on my Engie, and now when I open my Infiltrator cert chart, it shows the first level (200 certs) as "unlocked," yet I can't equip the mines on my Infiltrator.

So I guess if I want to use the proximity mine on the Infiltrator, I have two options: spend 400 certs on the Infiltrator's second level of mines and hope that unlocks it for the Infiltrator, or spend 150 certs on the Engie's second level of mines and hope that unlocks it for the Infiltrator. Unfortunately, I have 0 certs right now so I won't be able to test that until I play some more.

What do?
  2. Teegeeack

Whoops. Misread. This is an odd bug.
  3. K2k4

That's weird. Sounds like a bug. May want to report that
    • Up x 2
  4. IrishKnight

Nah, prox mines aren't a universal unlock... That means that unlocking them on your infil will not affect your engineer's, and vice versa.
    If you want 2 prox mines on your infil, it will cost 600certs.
    Engi: 250
    Both: 850
  5. kadney

Still this:
  6. IrishKnight

Ah, yeah sorry.
    Sounds like a bug to me.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

AFAIK thats been happening since release. Unlock for one class and it looks unlocked for the others, but wont equip. C4 does it too.
    • Up x 1
  8. Planetdoge

Well, I unlocked the second level of proximity mine for Engie today, which ended up unlocking the first level of proxy mine for the Infiltrator class. I guess it's because I spent 250 certs on the Engie mine, which exceeded the first certification level cost for the Infiltrator (200 certs). It was all worth it in the end. lol
  9. M4L4CH1TE

Wow. Really? I had to buy into each classes mines separately for a total of 1100 certs between the two.
    I think it is because the spandex is sooooo much tighter for the infiltrator. You need a special "extra-thin" proxy mine for them. ;-)
    • Up x 1